• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today's Roster Moves

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McTelvin signed with Colts.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRE’MONT JONES!!!!!! heading to season ending IR. Blame it on his hip.

Has he taken his last Broncos snap?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's 50/50 for me now. Without the injury, I could see him getting tagged and working on a long-term deal. Now it's hard to say he's worth a franchise tag not knowing how he'll come back from the injury, how severe it is, or if it will linger.

I hope we still work out a deal for him though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt it. Likely will get tagged. Doesn't mean we won't trade him but I think we sign him long term. Big reason we traded Chubb, IMO.

With Mathis emerging, Darby's contract can probably be voided also.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. Likely will get tagged. Doesn't mean we won't trade him but I think we sign him long term. Big reason we traded Chubb, IMO.

With Mathis emerging, Darby's contract can probably be voided also.
I love seeing that our draft picks and FA pick ups are doing well. That's how its supposed to work. Green Bay did really well with that a few years back. Shows we have a good front office. (O-line excluded).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing that our draft picks and FA pick ups are doing well. That's how its supposed to work. Green Bay did really well with that a few years back. Shows we have a good front office. (O-line excluded).

Agree which is why I cringe when people think Paton should be fired after just two seasons.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ ext were really big boo boo's even if Paton is good. Giving Seattle 2 top 10 picks plus for Russ he deseves hind sight heat. Just sayin
Russ extension was apparently not Paton's idea. So maybe the trade he deserves heat for, but he deserves credit for all the late round starters as well. Unless he whiffs completely in this draft and keeping DJ, no way should he go anywhere.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have signed RB Tyler Badie off the Ravens PS. Really like this move with two weeks left. A guy that has upside and a sneaky signing this year for next years camp, IMO. A standout at Missouri. I really like this move with two weeks left in the season. Sneaky... Instead of caring about the numbers game at positions with just two weeks left lets go get someone we can perhaps sneak onto the roster for next year. Ozigbo who we just released is an ok RB but just a stop gap on and off the PS whereas Badie has a chance to stick longer term. At 4-11 these are the kind of moves we need to sneak out before the end of the season to help us for next year.

Ozigbo was cut in an early preparation for next years roster as he didn't appear to be more then a PS guy for us. Mike Boone likely won't be back as he has been often injured and didn't make the impact on special teams that we signed him for.. Although I have always liked him Crockett coming off an ACL injury has been off and on our PS more in the Ozigbo mold so we give a successful college RB an early look for next year. Sorta like having an extra 6th rd pick this year. ;)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree which is why I cringe when people think Paton should be fired after just two seasons.

Paton has been a Godsend for the Broncos. No one saw RW declining like he did this year. Outside of that (and that's a huge that), Paton has been masterful. I want to see him continue to guide the Broncos personnel decisions.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton has been a Godsend for the Broncos. No one saw RW declining like he did this year. Outside of that (and that's a huge that), Paton has been masterful. I want to see him continue to guide the Broncos personnel decisions.
Coaching aside - Paton has been a fairly shrewd judge of player talent.

Reactions: LGM

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching aside - Paton has been a fairly shrewd judge of player talent.
This may have been his bad year. Wilson trade isn’t fairing well and Gregory is getting paid a lot to sit on IR.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been his bad year. Wilson trade isn’t fairing well and Gregory is getting paid a lot to sit on IR.
Compared to what Chubb and Von are making and their recent performance, I'd say we got the better end of the deal.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to what Chubb and Von are making and their recent performance, I'd say we got the better end of the deal.
That may be the case but could we have rolled with someone else at that position and put the FA money to use at another position?

If committed to OLB, then Gregory wasn’t the worst. But if we look at the cost and what his cap hit could do elsewhere we could be better off.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have signed RB Tyler Badie off the Ravens PS. Really like this move with two weeks left. A guy that has upside and a sneaky signing this year for next years camp, IMO. A standout at Missouri. I really like this move with two weeks left in the season. Sneaky... Instead of caring about the numbers game at positions with just two weeks left lets go get someone we can perhaps sneak onto the roster for next year. Ozigbo who we just released is an ok RB but just a stop gap on and off the PS whereas Badie has a chance to stick longer term. At 4-11 these are the kind of moves we need to sneak out before the end of the season to help us for next year.

Ozigbo was cut in an early preparation for next years roster as he didn't appear to be more then a PS guy for us. Mike Boone likely won't be back as he has been often injured and didn't make the impact on special teams that we signed him for.. Although I have always liked him Crockett coming off an ACL injury has been off and on our PS more in the Ozigbo mold so we give a successful college RB an early look for next year. Sorta like having an extra 6th rd pick this year. ;)
Bump for Badie’s first Broncos TD