• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Root for the St. Louis Cardinals

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what it's like Monday. The Cardinals are playing their WS game (I'm confident there will be a game 5) and with the way the season has been going for the Rams so far, I think most people will probably prefer to watch the WS game. That being said, if the 12th man come out in full force again like they did last week in AZ, it might just feel like a home game for the Hawks.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random right?

But if the Cardinals make the World Series, Game 5 in St Louis would be October 28th and yes that's the same day the Hawks travel to St. Louis for MNF in week 8.

Seems like St. Louis is more of a baseball town so I got think if the Cardinals are playing at the same time it will water down the Rams fans for that game. Gives us a chance for our fans to have the kind of impact they did last night.

Just thought that was interesting

The Rams could somehow manage to put 3 Million people in the stands for the game against the Seahawks, and it's not going to matter...

but yes...

Root for the St. Louis Cardinals !

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know what I agree that having the series in the same city at the same time will have any effect on the football game. Obviously the teams shouldn't play any differently and from personal experience the few times Seattle has had more than one good thing going on at the same time the fans were more than able to be energetic for both.

There is no doubt that fans will be watching the score board updates of the baseball game and many will have the game on the radio on headsets, but they will still be yelling as loud as they would have without that other game while on defense.

At the end of the day it wouldn't matter anyway. The Rams have too many bad things going on with that team to have the crowd be any kind of a factor.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know what I agree that having the series in the same city at the same time will have any effect on the football game. Obviously the teams shouldn't play any differently and from personal experience the few times Seattle has had more than one good thing going on at the same time the fans were more than able to be energetic for both.

There is no doubt that fans will be watching the score board updates of the baseball game and many will have the game on the radio on headsets, but they will still be yelling as loud as they would have without that other game while on defense.

At the end of the day it wouldn't matter anyway. The Rams have too many bad things going on with that team to have the crowd be any kind of a factor.

I agree it won't have any impact on the game. It just means we'll get to hear "Seahawks" being chanted again when the game is almost over. :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cards vs Texas game 6 of the world series still goes down in my opinion as probably the greatest game ever... I think the Cards faced defeat 2 times down to there final strike and they came through to force game 7 and then win it all... Freese and Berkman couldn't have possibly been anymore clutch...
Its the best game ever from like the 7th inning on. The early part of the game didn't hold much and that would probably hold it back from the title but its probably somewhere in the top 20 or 30. Has such a list been made?

Also, the Rams aren't going to be able to throw the ball at all. Im guessing 150 passing yards

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call by the ref on that tripping at 3rd base…. He would a scored easily and it was clearly a trip… Cards up 2-1 looking good…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call by the ref on that tripping at 3rd base…. He would a scored easily and it was clearly a trip… Cards up 2-1 looking good…

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cards vs Texas game 6 of the world series still goes down in my opinion as probably the greatest game ever... I think the Cards faced defeat 2 times down to there final strike and they came through to force game 7 and then win it all... Freese and Berkman couldn't have possibly been anymore clutch...

Game 7 of the 2001 DBacks/Yankees World Series tops the list for me. Having Randy Johnson come in in the 9th to close out the game and beat the evil empire was phenomenal.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 of the 2001 DBacks/Yankees World Series tops the list for me. Having Randy Johnson come in in the 9th to close out the game and beat the evil empire was phenomenal.

:agree: I always thought he should have been the MVP of the series, not Co-MVP. Schilling had to be bailed out by Johnson, who ended up as the winning pitcher in 3 of their 4 W's.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a good one as well no doubt…