• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Root for the St. Louis Cardinals

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random right?

But if the Cardinals make the World Series, Game 5 in St Louis would be October 28th and yes that's the same day the Hawks travel to St. Louis for MNF in week 8.

Seems like St. Louis is more of a baseball town so I got think if the Cardinals are playing at the same time it will water down the Rams fans for that game. Gives us a chance for our fans to have the kind of impact they did last night.

Just thought that was interesting

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random right?

But if the Cardinals make the World Series, Game 5 in St Louis would be October 28th and yes that's the same day the Hawks travel to St. Louis for MNF in week 8.

Seems like St. Louis is more of a baseball town so I got think if the Cardinals are playing at the same time it will water down the Rams fans for that game. Gives us a chance for our fans to have the kind of impact they did last night.

C A R L O S
B E L T R A N

Now looking for our 12th W.S. title with the 14th payroll in Baseball and Rookies galore. Wacha Wacha Wacha.

The Hawks and Cards are built similarly. Young guns built through the draft. Is a World Series Championship and a SuperBowl winner too much to ask for? I had a premonition this summer that both would come true. :hope:

Go Hawks! Go Cards!

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C A R L O S
B E L T R A N

Now looking for our 12th W.S. title with the 14th payroll in Baseball and Rookies galore. Wacha Wacha Wacha.

The Hawks and Cards are built similarly. Young guns built through the draft. Is a World Series Championship and a SuperBowl winner too much to ask for? I had a premonition this summer that both would come true. :hope:

Go Hawks! Go Cards!

While my allegiance is with the M's I'm not all that passionate about baseball personally so I wholeheartedly endorse your wish for the Cards win a championship if the Seahawks get to win one too!
:yahoo:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone hates baseball. That's no surprise. Once the baby boomers die off baseball will be doomed as we know it and be relegated to headline stories about injections and ad-hoc plastic surgery mis-haps. Of course thus I am predicting the first season of Real Housewives of New York Yankees premiering in 2015.

That said, Seattle should easily handle the Rams if they stop turning the football over and making stupid mistakes. I don't see the Rams scoring more than 10 points against Seattle's D without help from their own D.

Yes imo the Rams have a better front 4 (Cards have a front 3 but whatever) but the Cards secondary is vastly better... Seattle also has a LONG week vs. the Rams shorter week.

Seattle will be favored Vegas/Expert Picks in a landslide in this. If Seattle plays sloppy 21-17 Hawks. If Seattle plays sloppy and Rams catch the breaks 24-17 Hawks. If Seattle plays solid football 27-10 Hawks.

Happy to eat crow on all counts. Please bump if I'm wrong but ask folks to like and bump with praise if I'm right :).

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone hates baseball. That's no surprise. Once the baby boomers die off baseball will be doomed as we know it and be relegated to headline stories about injections and ad-hoc plastic surgery mis-haps. Of course thus I am predicting the first season of Real Housewives of New York Yankees premiering in 2015.

Why are you always such a negative turd? :noidea:

You obviously didn't play baseball, you obviously didn't grow up in a baseball town, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. ( not only about baseball but it extends to your lack of football knowledge, too :nod:

Go Cards! Go Hawks!

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, Seattle should easily handle the Rams if they stop turning the football over and making stupid mistakes. I don't see the Rams scoring more than 10 points against Seattle's D without help from their own D.

Yes imo the Rams have a better front 4 (Cards have a front 3 but whatever) but the Cards secondary is vastly better... Seattle also has a LONG week vs. the Rams shorter week.

Seattle will be favored Vegas/Expert Picks in a landslide in this. If Seattle plays sloppy 21-17 Hawks. If Seattle plays sloppy and Rams catch the breaks 24-17 Hawks. If Seattle plays solid football 27-10 Hawks.

Happy to eat crow on all counts. Please bump if I'm wrong but ask folks to like and bump with praise if I'm right :).

I don't hate baseball by any stretch of the imagination, I rather enjoy it actually, I'm just not passionate about it like football.

When I was a kid my family and I would go to Mariners games as a nice family outing, I loved it.
Football Sundays however consisted of my dad chucking beer cans at the TV while commanding my brothers and I to refer to John Elway as "horseface". I guess I was taught to take it more seriously.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C A R L O S
B E L T R A N

Go Hawks! Go Cards!

God I hope your right! Congrats to the Cards on yet another World Series birth... Helluva team...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect to the Cards franchise. They lose Pujols and continue their success like it's nothing. Up 3-1 last year in the same position, they could easily be in their third consecutive world series

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baseball has had its share of bad headlines over the last decade and a half, but plenty of people still love it. Besides, football is not without its share of skeletons and people suggesting it'll be a shell of its former self within a decade if the rules for tackling keep getting more strict and more parents keep their kids from playing youth football. I don't know why it was necessary for you to crap all over baseball. You could have made your football point without doing that.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect to the Cards franchise. They lose Pujols and continue their success like it's nothing.
Instead of giving Pujols an albatross contract they
1) bring in Carlos Beltran for less then half the price and he's been great in the middle of the order
2) fill the 1st base position from within with Allen Craig who led the majors with hitting with RISP, and after he got hurt no big deal, they replaced him from within with Matt Adams who has tremendous power and has filled in nicely
3)The compensatory pick they gained from losing Pujols last offseason, they used it to draft some kid named Michael Waka in 2012 1st round who has been unhittable in his last 5 or so starts.

Decisions like that are why they are where they are, not money spending. Its hard to respect them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cards vs Texas game 6 of the world series still goes down in my opinion as probably the greatest game ever... I think the Cards faced defeat 2 times down to there final strike and they came through to force game 7 and then win it all... Freese and Berkman couldn't have possibly been anymore clutch...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decisions like that are why they are where they are, not money spending. Its hard to respect them.
oops meant to say its hard NOT to respect them obviously

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cards vs Texas game 6 of the world series still goes down in my opinion as probably the greatest game ever... I think the Cards faced defeat 2 times down to there final strike and they came through to force game 7 and then win it all... Freese and Berkman couldn't have possibly been anymore clutch...

Nah. I think game 7 Twins/Braves with Black Jack Morris going 10 can't be topped. Only 1 run the entire game but some of the best baseball tension that you could ask for. One of the best postseason performances I've seen in any sport.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of giving Pujols an albatross contract they
1) bring in Carlos Beltran for less then half the price and he's been great in the middle of the order
2) fill the 1st base position from within with Allen Craig who led the majors with hitting with RISP, and after he got hurt no big deal, they replaced him from within with Matt Adams who has tremendous power and has filled in nicely
3)The compensatory pick they gained from losing Pujols last offseason, they used it to draft some kid named Michael Waka in 2012 1st round who has been unhittable in his last 5 or so starts.

Unreal knowledge here... :10: I thought only STL fans knew those details. :clap:

That is why I have confidence in our Hawks. We're building through the draft. In 2004, STL went to the W.S., in 2005, the Hawks went to the SB, in 2006 STL went and won the W.S. My dream is the same season World Series and cap it with a hoisting of the Lombardi. Serious sports bucket list.

Last year, STL was 1 win from going back to the W.S. while the Hawks were 30 seconds from heading to the NFCCG. Close.

This summer, it hit me that this is the year for STL and our Hawks. I don't want to jinx anything but I did a Wacha Wacha Wacha post a couple of weeks ago on the zona board and Wacha went on to be NLCS MVP. Cool.

I changed my avatar to Carlos Beltran around the same time, who exemplifies STL baseball, and he had clutch hits against LA, including the 1st rbi last night, 3 for 4, 2 rbis and a run scored. Can't forget the running catch in RF, too.

I hope it's STL vs BoSox. They have the payroll but both teams play solid fundamental baseball and scrap for everything they get.

Will the sports bucket list finally come to fruition this year? :suds:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: Great minds think a like.

It was incredibly intense for me. On the brink of elimination, facing NPerez, a wicked Texas closer, with 2 on and 2 out and facing a 7-5 deficit with DFreese up in the 9th. With 2 strikes and Texas 1 pitch from exploding onto the field with a WS title, Freese drills a ball just out of reach of Cruz and off the right field wall for a triple, sending STL into a frenzy and tying up the game 7 - 7.

Josh Hamilton blasts a 2 run homer in the top of the 10th giving Texas another 2 run lead at 9-7. Does the cat have another life? Cards score a run to make it 9-8. Now it's down to 2 outs. Texas walks Pujols to pitch to Berkman with Jay at 2nd and Pujols at 1st. Berkman has 2 strikes on him just like Freese did in the 9th. For the 2nd time in 2 innings, Texas is 1 pitch from exploding onto the field. Berkman slaps a liner to Right center to score Jay and tie the game at 9-9.

Freese then comes up in the bottom of the 11th and blasts a deep shot to center for the 10-9 win.

Could it get any better for a STL fan?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I want to see from our Hawks. This is the year!

This is what you were talking about Stu.

This has the 9th inning Freese triple, the 10th inning Berkman single and 11th inning Freese walk off blast all within the first minute. Sorry to continue to pollute the board but since I didn't start the thread, I don't feel guilty.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3HN5y1Dz-U"]St. Louis Cardinals 2011-What a Team, What a Ride - YouTube[/ame]

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Great minds think a like.

It was incredibly intense for me. On the brink of elimination, facing NPerez, a wicked Texas closer, with 2 on and 2 out and facing a 7-5 deficit with DFreese up in the 9th. With 2 strikes and Texas 1 pitch from exploding onto the field with a WS title, Freese drills a ball just out of reach of Cruz and off the right field wall for a triple, sending STL into a frenzy and tying up the game 7 - 7.

Josh Hamilton blasts a 2 run homer in the top of the 10th giving Texas another 2 run lead at 9-7. Does the cat have another life? Cards score a run to make it 9-8. Now it's down to 2 outs. Texas walks Pujols to pitch to Berkman with Jay at 2nd and Pujols at 1st. Berkman has 2 strikes on him just like Freese did in the 9th. For the 2nd time in 2 innings, Texas is 1 pitch from exploding onto the field. Berkman slaps a liner to Right center to score Jay and tie the game at 9-9.

Freese then comes up in the bottom of the 11th and blasts a deep shot to center for the 10-9 win.

Could it get any better for a STL fan?

It was simply unreal... You just can't come through anymore than Freese or Berkman in those situations with EVERYTHING on the line... I don't know how you top that... You just respect it and tip your cap... I watched it live and was just STUNNED... And entire season coming down to one strike... ONE STRIKE not once but twice and coming through... Texas led by 2 runs entering both innings and the Cards just flat out would not be denied...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you always such a negative turd? :noidea:

You obviously didn't play baseball, you obviously didn't grow up in a baseball town, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. ( not only about baseball but it extends to your lack of football knowledge, too :nod:

Go Cards! Go Hawks!

ALWAYS a negative turd! Blasphemy! I sir, challenge you to a duel! :gaah:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALWAYS a negative turd! Blasphemy! I sir, challenge you to a duel! :gaah:

:fencing::fencing:

Or put on the gloves if that's more your style.

:boxing: :boxing:

I could be a slight hypocrit because of my disdain for Bevell. It's just that I love this squad and can see RWill hoisting the Lombardi but Bevell scares me and it's more than not scoring but getting our franchise QB jacked up. I'm more comfortable RWill running because he can slide or get out of bounds vs long developing pass plays with our current Tackle situation. Before every game, I ask GOD to keep RWill healthy throughout the game. I have concerns.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Random right?

I find it interesting too. I think there will almost certainly be a game 5. I am not particularly familiar with the rosters of the Bosox or the Cards, but I think the Cards great pitching will get them several wins in the series. (Sorry I cannot indent. There are certain buttons on my keyboard that don't work).