• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12, The Los Angeles Rams @ The Arizona Cardinals, State Farm Stadium, Sunday, 11/26/2023, 1:05PM PST

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if they fall out of the top ten, they are expected to select maybe a Fuaga or Latham at Tackle and/or a guy like QB Jayden Daniels who def has a chance of falling to them lower in the First Round or maybe the Second Round. They are not going to get Williams or Maye at QB nor are they going to get Fashanu or Alt. So the following is a list of QBs and LTs that could easily come to them at say positions 15-18 in the First Round.

QBs
  • QB CALEB WILLIAMS, USC. BIG BOARD RANK: 1. ...
  • QB DRAKE MAYE, NORTH CAROLINA. BIG BOARD RANK: 3. ...
  • QB BO NIX, OREGON. ...
  • QB MICHAEL PENIX JR., WASHINGTON. ...
  • QB J.J. MCCARTHY, MICHIGAN. ...
  • QB SHEDEUR SANDERS, COLORADO. ...
  • QB JAYDEN DANIELS, LSU. ...
  • QB QUINN EWERS, TEXAS.
Tackles
  • Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State. LT | 6'6" | 310 lbs | 4th Year. ...
  • Joe Alt, Notre Dame. LT | 6'8" | 315 lbs | 3rd Year. ...
  • Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State. RT | 6'6" | 335 lbs | 4th Year. ...
  • JC Latham, Alabama. RT | 6'6" | 335 lbs | 3rd Year. ...
  • Kingsley Suamataia, BYU. RT | 6'6" | 315 lbs | 3rd Year.

They're currently at #14 I believe, so I don't think QB or LT is going to happen. I would expect OLB, DL, or CB to be much better value at that point.

Some of those QBs aren't necessarily expected to declare (Sanders, Ewers, maybe McCarthy). Fuaga, Latham and Suamataia may not be LT at the next level. Stafford is likely in LA for another 2 seasons, so drafting older guys like Penix or Nix and sitting them for 2 more seasons seems ill-advised.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Havrisik missed a 50-yard FG and an extra point. McShitferBrains is going to have to get another kicker because this guy is as bad as the last one we kept too long!

Just don't draft one, lol. Seems to be a better hit rate of late on UDFAs at PK in general.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not draft one in the 7th round..

The 7th round is for targeting players you think you can't get as UDFAs IMO. If that applies to a kicker, sure.

I wouldn't go any earlier than the 7th though. The hit rate is too low.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck i would even go 4-5 round if he was the top kicker on the board

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will still be options at QB in the middle of the draft.

Question will be whether there is one that fits the Rams.

I would prefer Daniel’s, but don’t think he fits McVay’s system.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT in the middle of the 1st seems unlikely.

There’s a top 2, and then a drop off.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will still be options at QB in the middle of the draft.

Question will be whether there is one that fits the Rams.

I would prefer Daniel’s, but don’t think he fits McVay’s system.
Daniels will win the Heisman, he wont be there later, i'd take him over Williams and Penix

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels will win the Heisman, he wont be there later, i'd take him over Williams and Penix
I’ve seen mocks have him sliding out of the top 10.

Of course, with the Rams winning, they may be too far down anyway.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Over Williams? I can't go that far. Daniels is about to turn 23 and is a 5 year starter (depending on how you call the 2020 truncated season). Solid but uninspiring until this season.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over Williams? I can't go that far. Daniels is about to turn 23 and is a 5 year starter (depending on how you call the 2020 truncated season). Solid but uninspiring until this season.
And going into this year Williams was the favorite to win the Heisman and I think there were quite a few other QB's that had a better year???

Daniels had a great year, 40-4 TD-Int completing over 72% and rushing for 1100 yards and another 10 TDs, thats pretty impressive? Williams doesnt run at all and even though our oline seems better, we need a QB that can run a little in todays NFL??‍♂️♂️

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And going into this year Williams was the favorite to win the Heisman and I think there were quite a few other QB's that had a better year???

Daniels had a great year, 40-4 TD-Int completing over 72% and rushing for 1100 yards and another 10 TDs, thats pretty impressive? Williams doesnt run at all and even though our oline seems better, we need a QB that can run a little in todays NFL??‍♂️♂️

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Caleb isn't getting out of the top 5. I really doubt Daniels gets past the Raiders, if he even drops that far.

Daniels is a one year wonder, which at soon to be 23 years old, gives me some pause. Caleb is a full year younger with two strong consecutive seasons for USC. Caleb actually has one more rushing TD than Daniels, so while he doesn't run as much (especially this year), he does still get the rushing TDs. They're also about the same weight, despite Daniels being 3" taller, so there's no durability edge for Daniels either IMO.

I'm not entirely sold on rushing QBs being the better option. Hurts got to the SB last year (largely due to Purdy's injury), but didn't get it done. I don't really consider Mahomes a rushing QB. There really hasn't been a SB winner with a rushing QB in quite a long time.

Daniels is still a valid 1st round QB prospect, I just wouldn't take him over at least Caleb if not Maye as well.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree none of them will be there when Rams pick?? 3" taller at QB is a big difference, and yes Williams had 11 rushing TD's but averaged 1 yard per carry which means he is QB sneaking, so hes not a runner? Daniels averages over 8 yards a carry?

I dont know the answer, Just seems like we have always struggled protecting a pocket passer although like i said earlier our OLine is doing a pretty good job this year, especially against a very good Cleveland pass rush!!

again we need Oline and dline help, so QB should be later pick and hope we find a Kurt Warner

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree none of them will be there when Rams pick?? 3" taller at QB is a big difference, and yes Williams had 11 rushing TD's but averaged 1 yard per carry which means he is QB sneaking, so hes not a runner? Daniels averages over 8 yards a carry?

I dont know the answer, Just seems like we have always struggled protecting a pocket passer although like i said earlier our OLine is doing a pretty good job this year, especially against a very good Cleveland pass rush!!

again we need Oline and dline help, so QB should be later pick and hope we find a Kurt Warner
Finding another Warner is a pipe dream.

And before anyone argues Purdy, I feel he is a product of SF system and all their weapons.

Not hard to throw a screen pass to Samuel and have him take it 48 yards for the TD to make the stats look better.

I don’t think Purdy does what he is doing outside of SF and all their weapons. Look how he looked when guys were injured earlier this season. It wasn’t pretty.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding another Warner is a pipe dream.

And before anyone argues Purdy, I feel he is a product of SF system and all their weapons.

Not hard to throw a screen pass to Samuel and have him take it 48 yards for the TD to make the stats look better.

I don’t think Purdy does what he is doing outside of SF and all their weapons. Look how he looked when guys were injured earlier this season. It wasn’t pretty.
I know Warner is a pipe dream, thus the smiley face!

As far as Purdy, I don't think he's all that, but Lance and Jimmy didn't do what he's doing with the Niners? I'm a Iowa State fan, so I'm happy with Purdy's success. Plus even with all his weapons, who would have thought that a "Mr. Irrelevant" would have the success he has had?

Was also a Northern Iowa fan, and who would have thought Warner would have had the success he had?

Also pleased with the way Williams is running/catching the ball!!!!!!

You just never know?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Spencer Rattler is worth a day 3 dart throw? Can't contribute less than this year's QB pick...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Warner is a pipe dream, thus the smiley face!

As far as Purdy, I don't think he's all that, but Lance and Jimmy didn't do what he's doing with the Niners? I'm a Iowa State fan, so I'm happy with Purdy's success. Plus even with all his weapons, who would have thought that a "Mr. Irrelevant" would have the success he has had?

Was also a Northern Iowa fan, and who would have thought Warner would have had the success he had?

Also pleased with the way Williams is running/catching the ball!!!!!!

You just never know?
Very true.

Jimmy had similar success, he just couldn’t stay healthy. Lance was just a big mistake.

It’s true, you just never know.

But you are more likely to find a franchise QB in the 1st or 2nd round than in any other rounds.

I don’t think Daniels makes it to the Rams pick, nor do I think they would even draft him if he did.

But, they do need to address the QB position, and this class is pretty deep to do just that. But they will have to do it in the 1st, because by the time they pick in the 2nd, any QB worth drafting will be gone.