• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12, The Los Angeles Rams @ The Arizona Cardinals, State Farm Stadium, Sunday, 11/26/2023, 1:05PM PST

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

Jimmy had similar success, he just couldn’t stay healthy. Lance was just a big mistake.

It’s true, you just never know.

But you are more likely to find a franchise QB in the 1st or 2nd round than in any other rounds.

I don’t think Daniels makes it to the Rams pick, nor do I think they would even draft him if he did.

But, they do need to address the QB position, and this class is pretty deep to do just that. But they will have to do it in the 1st, because by the time they pick in the 2nd, any QB worth drafting will be gone.
They havent picked in the first round since 2016, I'm not sure if they will even know what to do, probably trade it away????

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They havent picked in the first round since 2016, I'm not sure if they will even know what to do, probably trade it away????
Well, that’s what they did in 2019, only to draft Rapp. Oops!

I hope they actually use their 1st rounder.

Can’t keep filling the roster with 3-rd to 5th rounders every year.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they are guys like Williams and Puka, you sure can.

We got solid to good players with thise picks.

RB Kyren Williams
WR Puka Nacua
LB Ernest Jones
LB Bryon Young
DT Kobie Turner

Scouting staff has killed it and has given us a solid nucleus to work with.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that’s what they did in 2019, only to draft Rapp. Oops!

I hope they actually use their 1st rounder.

Arguably the better S in that draft were selected after Rapp, strangely enough.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are guys like Williams and Puka, you sure can.

We got solid to good players with thise picks.

RB Kyren Williams
WR Puka Nacua
LB Ernest Jones
LB Bryon Young
DT Kobie Turner

Scouting staff has killed it and has given us a solid nucleus to work with.
Yes, they have hit on a few, especially this past draft, but by and large they have missed way more than they hit.

Even most of their 2nd rounders have been misses ( Akers, Jefferson, Rapp, Atwell ).

They finally hit on Avila this past year, but have whiffed horribly prior to that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams fall between 18 and 25, I think they will draft an O-lineman ( LT or that Center from Ohio State) or a D-lineman. Lots of pundits are saying Stafford is solidifying his roster spot for 2024 and with Wentz coming back and maybe nutcase from Georgia possibly deciding he wants to play, I don't see the Rams wasting a First Rounder on a project QB at least not in the First Round. Shit, the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Raiders and drafted a kicker in the first. LOL!! Just kidding!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams fall between 18 and 25, I think they will draft an O-lineman ( LT or that Center from Ohio State) or a D-lineman. Lots of pundits are saying Stafford is solidifying his roster spot for 2024 and with Wentz coming back and maybe nutcase from Georgia possibly deciding he wants to play, I don't see the Rams wasting a First Rounder on a project QB at least not in the First Round. Shit, the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Raiders and drafted a kicker in the first. LOL!! Just kidding!
I understand the thought process, Retro.

However, this is a pretty good QB draft class compared to most years. Better to address it than to wait and get stuck needing to draft one in a crappy QB year.

That is what the good teams do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most mocks I have seen have the Rams going defense in the 1st unless a top tackle slides to them. Edge or CB typically.

I haven't seen any centers projected as 1st round picks. Maybe in the 2nd?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the thought process, Retro.

However, this is a pretty good QB draft class compared to most years. Better to address it than to wait and get stuck needing to draft one in a crappy QB year.

That is what the good teams do.

Class is likely to thin out though, with some of these guys returning to school (Sanders, Ewers, Beck, McCarthy?). If so, the remaining good ones will likely go before the Rams. It may come down to how you feel about Nix and Penix (with Caleb, Maye, and Daniels likely off the board in the top 11 IMO).n With Stafford too expensive to move for another 2 years, it seems early to invest IMO.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class is likely to thin out though, with some of these guys returning to school (Sanders, Ewers, Beck, McCarthy?). If so, the remaining good ones will likely go before the Rams. It may come down to how you feel about Nix and Penix (with Caleb, Maye, and Daniels likely off the board in the top 11 IMO).n With Stafford too expensive to move for another 2 years, it seems early to invest IMO.
I beg to differ.

The Packers took their future QB’s 3 years prior to both Favre and Rodgers moving on, and that has worked really well.

They are on their 3rd QB in 30 years as a result.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most mocks I have seen have the Rams going defense in the 1st unless a top tackle slides to them. Edge or CB typically.

I haven't seen any centers projected as 1st round picks. Maybe in the 2nd?
Yes, I know. The kid from Ohio State at Center should go in the Second. He is very good!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat the Browns.....they need to beat the Cardinals.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ.

The Packers took their future QB’s 3 years prior to both Favre and Rodgers moving on, and that has worked really well.

They are on their 3rd QB in 30 years as a result.

The players likely available to the Rams in their current range (Nix, Penix) are already plus aged though. Rodgers (24th) and Love (26th) were also both drafted later than the Rams' current slot in the 1st. Rams have bigger needs IMO, but it the right guy falls, sure.

I wouldn't crown Love just yet either.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players likely available to the Rams in their current range (Nix, Penix) are already plus aged though. Rodgers (24th) and Love (26th) were also both drafted later than the Rams' current slot in the 1st. Rams have bigger needs IMO, but it the right guy falls, sure.

I wouldn't crown Love just yet either.
Love still has some growing to do, but so did Rodgers. It’s not like he was stellar his first year either.

And I agree, it has to be the right guy., but I feel like there will be an opportunity this draft to address the position if they choose to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love still has some growing to do, but so did Rodgers. It’s not like he was stellar his first year either.

And I agree, it has to be the right guy., but I feel like there will be an opportunity this draft to address the position if they choose to.

Depends on how many of the options stay in school. If Caleb decides to stay (doubtful, since he's skipping the bowl game), that additional scarcity takes another option out of their range. I expect Sanders, Ewers, and possibly Beck and McCarthy to return to school.