• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie says Lions can go to Super Bowl

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rob -- I'm not trying to argue. I agree with you that some of the predictions are ridiculous and some of the players would be better off not saying anything. Unfortunately -- all players are made available to the media and being in Detroit, we are going to have to read or hear every comment.

That being said:

I like Quin's confidence, but Detroit has as much chance of going 7-1, as I do winning the mega million in back to back weeks. They would be lucky to be 4-4.

Ebron needs to shut up and keep working. He isn't matching OBJ's rookie numbers. We could add his rookie and 2nd year numbers together and he still wouldn't be close to matching OBJ's rookie numbers.

Bell -- I really don't know. If Tomlinson is as good at run blocking as they say -- pairing him with Swanson and Warford -- he could have a really good year. Teams are still going to drop their safeties 20+ yards off the line of scrimmage -- so if we can open holes -- he could do well.

Tate is a real #1 WR, just not the Lions #1 WR. I definitely have to eat crow about his signing. He was a bargain for the price they paid for him. I hated it and without him, I can't imagine how bad we would have been last year on offense.

Slay can talk all he wants. I hope he believes the Lions D is as good as Seattle's. I think he was talking more about last year's defense, but confidence is huge at the CB position and he has shown he is willing to put in the work to be great.

Tomlinson -- I don't give his comment a second thought. Nothing but a generic response. Every team says they are going to the Super Bowl. The same way fans always believe this year is their year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another hypothetical. Are the Lions the only team the media has asked about the up coming season?

You are just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. Where did you get all the quotes about the upcoming season?

My guess is they came from the Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, MLive, or anything other site that has a Lions section in it.

We hear about the Lions and read about the Lions because they are the team in our state. If we lived elsewhere -- do you think we'd have any clue what Joique Bell, Laken Tomlinson, Eric Ebron, etc. etc. is saying? This isn't national news you posting about. It is local news about the local professional football team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't agree with your guess. The LT story was pulled from PFT. All of it has been posted nationally via local news just like all 32 teams. The Lions are the only ones flapping their gums like this.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't agree with your guess. The LT story was pulled from PFT. All of it has been posted nationally via local news just like all 32 teams. The Lions are the only ones flapping their gums like this.

I just opened the LT link. It came from the Detroit Free Press.

And if you are looking at every team -- you could find ridiculous quotes across the board. Adrian Peterson's goal is 2500 yards. Oakland believes they can win the AFC West. Victor Cruz is actually faster now after tearing his patella tendon and having major surgery.

It is the off season -- they have nothing better to talk about right now. I wouldn't let what is being said worry you. Every team and player thinks they are the best when everyone has the same 0-0 record.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob doesn't worry about anything.

He's the newest form of a mixologist

:rolleyes:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I'm worried about is Mayhew returning next year for a 16th season.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you hate Mayhew now that he has built a Superbowl Contender?
oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you hate Mayhew now that he has built a Superbowl Contender?

Maybe all this explains why Tom Lewand is a drunk. He's perpetually celebrating the Lions inevitable Super Bowl run.