• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie says Lions can go to Super Bowl

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laken Tomlinson reports: Lions can make Super Bowl

Just for the official record:

Glober says Lions will start 7-1
Ebron says his goal is OBJr. numbers
Bell says he will rush for 1200 yards
Tate says he is the real no.1 WR
Slay says the D is as good as Seattle
Tomlinson says Lions could go to Super Bowl

Wow! Gonna be a great season!!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate optimism and confidence in players, it is the worst.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're better than this canned reply.

That is fair.

It is interesting that a rookie says the Lions are good enough for the Super Bowl, how the hell would he know? That statement means less than anything else said.

I still like Slays confidence, a CB needs a lot of that, but the Lions had been close to the Seahawks level with Suh. I just hope they can stay in the top 10 now.

I agree with Tate. He is a #1 receiver, he is just the second best receiver on this team. Both statement can be true.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW ONE MIGHT ASK?

THAT'S EASY:

super-bowl-tickets.jpg

WATCHING, NOT PLAYING

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair.

It is interesting that a rookie says the Lions are good enough for the Super Bowl, how the hell would he know? That statement means less than anything else said.

I still like Slays confidence, a CB needs a lot of that, but the Lions had been close to the Seahawks level with Suh. I just hope they can stay in the top 10 now.

I agree with Tate. He is a #1 receiver, he is just the second best receiver on this team. Both statement can be true.

to me, it comes off as ignorant boasting. Not just LT, but Slay, Quin, Bell, all of it. Where are the leaders on this team keeping guys in check, teaching them what to say, what not to say, and how to handle the media? The Lions comes off as the amateurs they are, talking like this. The old saying goes, act like you've been there. Well, by the way the Lions are acting, you can tell they have never been anywhere.

I really expected much better from a Caldwell led team.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with what Tomlinson said. The goal is to make the super bowl. Not sure what the problem is. Is he being too articulate? Maybe we need to get back to the Schwartz days of players stomping on people and being arrested for weed and traffic incidents.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with what Tomlinson said. The goal is to make the super bowl. Not sure what the problem is. Is he being too articulate? Maybe we need to get back to the Schwartz days of players stomping on people and being arrested for weed and traffic incidents.

Everything wrong with it. Where's the hunger if you already believe you're the best, especially when it's been proven almost 40 times in a row that the Lions in fact, cannot beat winning teams? Enabling them with excuses is just as bad. Obviously the guy is book smart. Street smart, no so much. Go block someone just once before opening your mouth, rookie.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't like what some guys have said -- I'm curious what type of responses you would like them to make Rob?

If someone asked Bell how he is going to do in the upcoming season. What would be the proper response? I will average 3.5 ypc, fail to break 1000 yards and lose my job to Abdullah before the season is half over.

If someone asked Tomlinson how the Lions will do in the upcoming season. What should he say? We will finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs because Lions teams from when I wasn't even here couldn't beat so and so on the road.

If someone asked Ebron his goals for the upcoming season? What should he say? In this case -- he should say nothing. Get open once in a while and catch the ball should be his response. He said too much his rookie year and made himself look foolish.

You see where I'm going with this -- I'm guessing the responses are to questions asked to each player. I'm guessing they aren't standing on a soap box screaming to no one how great they are or the Lions are.

I was with you on the first few you posted, but any quote can be taken out of context. I don't mind if Lions players are confident in their abilities. I'd rather hear them talk about getting to the Super Bowl than playing for a lottery pick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't like what some guys have said -- I'm curious what type of responses you would like them to make Rob?

If someone asked Bell how he is going to do in the upcoming season. What would be the proper response? I will average 3.5 ypc, fail to break 1000 yards and lose my job to Abdullah before the season is half over.

If someone asked Tomlinson how the Lions will do in the upcoming season. What should he say? We will finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs because Lions teams from when I wasn't even here couldn't beat so and so on the road.

If someone asked Ebron his goals for the upcoming season? What should he say? In this case -- he should say nothing. Get open once in a while and catch the ball should be his response. He said too much his rookie year and made himself look foolish.

You see where I'm going with this -- I'm guessing the responses are to questions asked to each player. I'm guessing they aren't standing on a soap box screaming to no one how great they are or the Lions are.

I was with you on the first few you posted, but any quote can be taken out of context. I don't mind if Lions players are confident in their abilities. I'd rather hear them talk about getting to the Super Bowl than playing for a lottery pick.

You can make up all make believe responses you like. I'm focused on what was actually said. I'd like to see the Lions beat a winning team before saying anything outlandish.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mind if Lions players are confident in their abilities. I'd rather hear them talk about getting to the Super Bowl than playing for a lottery pick.

The Lions aren't confident. They're delusional. Big difference. What could his logic possibly be based on?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make up all make believe responses you like. I'm focused on what was actually said. I'd like to see the Lions beat a winning team before saying anything outlandish.

The question asked has a lot to do with the type of response they will give. That is all I am saying.

Just cutting and pasting a quote -- it can be taken completely out of context if you don't know the rest of the conversation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions aren't confident. They're delusional. Big difference. What could his logic possibly be based on?

It is a generic response. If you asked guys on the Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, etc. etc. -- they'd tell you they are going to the Super Bowl too.

I've yet to read about an interview with a 1st round pick predicting a losing season and another top 10 draft pick for the upcoming season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question asked has a lot to do with the type of response they will give. That is all I am saying.

Just cutting and pasting a quote -- it can be taken completely out of context if you don't know the rest of the conversation.

I do get that, but in doesn't appear that these players are being cornered into responding with these outrageous claims. It really comes off to me like they're trying to sell themselves on themselves.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a generic response. If you asked guys on the Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, etc. etc. -- they'd tell you they are going to the Super Bowl too.

I don't see any other stories of any other rookies predicting a Super Bowl. Just the Lions. I don't see anyone else comparing their D to Seattle. Just the Lions. I don't see anyone on any other team predicting a 7-1 start. Just the Lions.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to read about an interview with a 1st round pick predicting a losing season and another top 10 draft pick for the upcoming season.

A hypothetical 180 from an actual fact doesn't serve any purpose. There are lots of things players can and do say that don't involve season predictions.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get that, but in doesn't appear that these players are being cornered into responding with these outrageous claims. It really comes off to me like they're trying to sell themselves on themselves.

No one is forcing them or backing them into a corner, but if you are asked a question, especially about the upcoming season -- the generic response will always be, we are going to the super bowl. That is the goal of every team in the NFL.

If these players were chasing after the media to make some of these ridiculous claims -- I'd be right on board with you.

I don't think Bell is going to put up 1200+ yards, but I'd rather hear him say that, than say, my goal is run for 500 yards and hold onto the football. You know what I mean?

Same with the rest of the guys. I'd rather they be shooting for the stars and work to try and back it up, than hear them say they are going to be mediocre and hope for a top 5 pick in the next draft.

And all NFL players sell themselves. And I would guess, the overwhelming majority of NFL players love nothing more than to talk about themselves. You don't get to the highest level of any sport without supreme confidence in your own ability.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any other stories of any other rookies predicting a Super Bowl. Just the Lions. I don't see anyone else comparing their D to Seattle. Just the Lions. I don't see anyone on any other team predicting a 7-1 start. Just the Lions.

Many are just saying what they know the fans want to hear. Do I think they actually believe what they are saying? Some probably do, though I would guess Ebron had a hard time keeping a straight face saying he was going to put up OBJ numbers.

As far as not seeing other teams making predictions -- My guess is -- you see the Lions quotes because this is where we are from. We get to read and hear anything they say, no matter how ridiculous it is.

If we were in Oakland, I'm sure we'd be hearing the same type of things. If we were in Buffalo, I'm sure we'd be hearing the same type of thing. If we were in Miami -- I'm sure....................I think you get the idea.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hypothetical 180 from an actual fact doesn't serve any purpose. There are lots of things players can and do say that don't involve season predictions.

If a player is asked about the upcoming season and how the team will fare -- what response do you expect from a rookie, all the way to established stars in the NFL?

My guess is -- if you asked players from every team how they are going to do in the upcoming season -- every team would tell you how good they are going to be and the teams goal is to win the super bowl.

That is the ultimate goal of every player on every team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is -- if you asked players from every team how they are going to do in the upcoming season -- every team would tell you how good they are going to be and the teams goal is to win the super bowl.

Another hypothetical. Are the Lions the only team the media has asked about the up coming season?