• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rondo to Mavs?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celts are close to a deal that would send Rajon Rondo to the Mavs for Brandon Wright , at least one #1 pick, and salary cap filler. IMO, this move would Gove the Mavs the best starting 5 in the NBA. Get this done and come on down young fella!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that a deal is going to happen in the next thirty days for Rondo. It will require Rondo to sign long term. Can't say all the teams that will be involved but right now it's probably Dallas Houston and lakers.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's the mavs I don't want a 2015 pick but a later pick say 2018 post nowitzki.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrapping my head around him coming to Dallas. as it is right now Dallas cannot hang with the top teams in the West. They haven't beat any of them, so might as well go for it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I was recently told that Dallas didn't need top-end talent.

I hope Dallas gives up all their assets for a rental. Dirk took less and they still couldn't sign anyone, most top-end free agents wouldn't even consider them. As much as people like to say that LA can't sign anyone, at least recent FA's have bothered to listen.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo with the right compliment of stars will excel. He plays hardest when the games matter, which they dont here.

Rondo as only Vet in Boston thinks he can take over the last 30 seconds of the game. Not going to happen Rajon, and I love the guy

But if you gave him any top 20 player, he will boost that team into a serious contender. I think Cuban is a great match for Rondo, so I think your way off immortal.

That said, I think Rondo would play for LA.

Whats the offers going to be? Whoever gets him are going to have a real shot at the WC title

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lakers fans, does Kobe and LA make this move? I think they have enough to compete with Mavs reported offer (Crowder and Wright, one to two picks).

It would mean Randle goes though, and with his risks probably two round 1'rs for sure.

I say you reject and move past Rondo like Howard and Love....maybe towards Davis ( who we all covet)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo with the right compliment of stars will excel. He plays hardest when the games matter, which they dont here.

Rondo as only Vet in Boston thinks he can take over the last 30 seconds of the game. Not going to happen Rajon, and I love the guy

But if you gave him any top 20 player, he will boost that team into a serious contender. I think Cuban is a great match for Rondo, so I think your way off immortal.

That said, I think Rondo would play for LA.

Whats the offers going to be? Whoever gets him are going to have a real shot at the WC title

I'd have to see it to believe it. I would be surprised if Rondo didn't test the market next year.

Ellis is in the top 15 in the NBA in usage rate this year, wonder how he will respond to having the ball in his hands a whole lot less? He was miserable next to Curry for years.

Unless the player is signing an extension, there's no reason to trade Randle.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers can't realistically do anything until the middle of June. Jordan Hill can't be traded until then. He's probably their most valuable trade asset. He has a no-trade clause in his contract, so going to Boston might not be something he wants to do anyway. The Lakers reportedly want to keep that first rounder from Houston. If Rondo is on their radar, they'll most likely wait until the summer and see if he's a free agent.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lakers fans, does Kobe and LA make this move? I think they have enough to compete with Mavs reported offer (Crowder and Wright, one to two picks).

It would mean Randle goes though, and with his risks probably two round 1'rs for sure.

I say you reject and move past Rondo like Howard and Love....maybe towards Davis ( who we all covet)

I agree with rule. While I would love to see the Lakers get Rondo, I'm not sure they can put together the package that the Celtics would require to get him. I only see 2 possibilities for the Lakers to get Rondo:

1.) He essentially forces his way to the Lakers by making it clear that he will not sign an extension with whatever team he's traded to. From what I've read, he has said in the past that he'd like to play for the Lakers, but I don't know if he wants to play for them bad enough to try to force his way here.

2.) He makes it through the season and/or gets traded without signing an extension and the Lakers go after him in free agency.

Also, as rule points out, we don't know how Hill would feel about going to Boston, so it might be a moot point anyway. If the Lakers were going to trade Hill for a point guard, it seems like Phoenix would be a better destination. They are in desperate need of a solid big and have a glut of point guards. Plus, Hill played at UofA.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has yet to beat a single playoff team in the West.

I think they realize they need to throw a Hail Mary attempt to shake that dubious stat up a bit.

Ellis and Rondo could implode spectacularly....or it might be a weird thing that works...

I guess its worth the risk.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worth it even if he DOESN'T sign a long term extension. They aren't winning with what they have now anyway.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah guys you make good points. I just dont think he will get to FA, and even if he does, the team who signs him will want to do a sign and trade.

I think its going to happen soon. Maybe its just Sac, Houston and Dallas in the mix

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers can't realistically do anything until the middle of June. Jordan Hill can't be traded until then. He's probably their most valuable trade asset. He has a no-trade clause in his contract, so going to Boston might not be something he wants to do anyway. The Lakers reportedly want to keep that first rounder from Houston. If Rondo is on their radar, they'll most likely wait until the summer and see if he's a free agent.

I meant middle of January, not June. Slight difference :L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: