• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera Washed Up

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your QB, RBs, WRs, and TE…

I ask myself “who are these guys”. Doesn’t matter who your coach is with that offense imo

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a average Coach his record was crap in Carolina and will be crap in Washington
Washed-up is a rather harsh way to look at him when his biggest issue is being intractable/obstinate. (set in his ways) Of late there's no bigger story demonstrating this than the following.

Rivera would like to see Heinicke play in more of a 'game ...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=River...j69i60.3989j0j1&pglt=425&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531#
https://www.bing.com/search?q=River...j69i60.3989j0j1&pglt=425&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531#

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three teams in NFC East have no franchise QB.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right, Sty. He does appear to be inflexible. Honestly, he is not scheming to the talent of his players. On either side of the ball. On defense, he has players that are best at attacking, yet the vast majority of time , they play a soft, bend don’t break, scheme. The DBS play soft, usually in a zone, and we don’t blitz much. this leads to huge holes right over the middle behin the LBs and in front of the safety. How many 3rd and longs do we have to surrender before we adjust? This defense needs to be set loose. Bring the house. Cause mayhem in the backfield. Have your corners play man to man being physical at the line. We have some big CBs. Use their strength. This can’t be worse than what we have been doing.

on offense, it’s a similar situation. Hieneke is who he is. A very good athlete with a mediocre arm. He will never succeed in a pro style offense. That’s not his strength. However, he has the ability to wreak havoc with his mobiliity. And he does a pretty good job of keeping his eyes downfield as he runs. If it’s not there, he is usually fast enough to move the chains with a sprint. this means he has got to slide and avoid as much contact as he can, his body can’t take too many shots. It’s all about moving the chains and eating up the time of possession.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your QB, RBs, WRs, and TE…

I ask myself “who are these guys”. Doesn’t matter who your coach is with that offense imo
Perhaps. Long season. I truly believe we can be better than what we’ve shown so far.

There is talent at those positions. Terry, Gibson and Logan. Maybe Samuel...is we ever see him. Heiney is doing his best as a newb.

Must be fun having Matt after Goff. Jealous! Good luck this season. Always rooting for y’all and Sean McVay.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right, Sty. He does appear to be inflexible. Honestly, he is not scheming to the talent of his players. On either side of the ball. On defense, he has players that are best at attacking, yet the vast majority of time , they play a soft, bend don’t break, scheme. The DBS play soft, usually in a zone, and we don’t blitz much. this leads to huge holes right over the middle behin the LBs and in front of the safety. How many 3rd and longs do we have to surrender before we adjust? This defense needs to be set loose. Bring the house. Cause mayhem in the backfield. Have your corners play man to man being physical at the line. We have some big CBs. Use their strength. This can’t be worse than what we have been doing.

on offense, it’s a similar situation. Hieneke is who he is. A very good athlete with a mediocre arm. He will never succeed in a pro style offense. That’s not his strength. However, he has the ability to wreak havoc with his mobiliity. And he does a pretty good job of keeping his eyes downfield as he runs. If it’s not there, he is usually fast enough to move the chains with a sprint. this means he has got to slide and avoid as much contact as he can, his body can’t take too many shots. It’s all about moving the chains and eating up the time of possession.
I agree with this, but cannot come to a reasonable conclusion why the issue involving not scheming to players strength persists here in D.C. despite changing coaching staffs.

To anyone taking a casual look at Taylor Heinicke, the first, middle, and last impression is that he's a mobile QB. That is one of his biggest assets and must factor into any and all game planning. Now, to be fair to Rivera, he's seeing the guy everyday at practice, and perhaps it is because of that he's making decisions to reform this guy, and his players in general. Perhaps this is done in order to cover-up weaknesses that are greater than their strengths. There was this quote that I remember posting related to this earlier in the year. I had to hunt for it but here it is. (relating to Heinicke and by extension other players)

1632846820518.png

Help me out with this, just so that I'm clear. Rivera is saying that they temper Heinicke's asset which is his mobility because when he's on the move, turnovers happen, correct?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points there Sty. There’s a balance between teaching Heiney to protect himself (cuz we all know durability has been a huge concern) and negating what his best talent is with mobility.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you can kick Rivera out of town until he at least finds himself a franchise/semi franchise QB.

If he wants to spend the next three years building up everything else, that's on him when he gets fired.

He went after Stafford hard. I expect us to go after Watson and Rodgers hard. I suspect we will have a top ten pick this year and maybe draft a QB.

Point is Jay had Kirk. Mike had McNabb, RG3 and Kirk. Joe Gibbs is Joe Gibbs. He can win with anyone under center, but Brunell was his Alex Smith. He's not gonna lose it for you. Norv had Brad Johnson.

I'm gonna withhold final judgment on Ron until he finds a franchise QB. However, I will still call things out about him that I don't like in the meantime just like everyone else on this board.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you can kick Rivera out of town until he at least finds himself a franchise/semi franchise QB.

If he wants to spend the next three years building up everything else, that's on him when he gets fired.

He went after Stafford hard. I expect us to go after Watson and Rodgers hard. I suspect we will have a top ten pick this year and maybe draft a QB.

Point is Jay had Kirk. Mike had McNabb, RG3 and Kirk. Joe Gibbs is Joe Gibbs. He can win with anyone under center, but Brunell was his Alex Smith. He's not gonna lose it for you. Norv had Brad Johnson.

I'm gonna withhold final judgment on Ron until he finds a franchise QB. However, I will still call things out about him that I don't like in the meantime just like everyone else on this board.
Agree, it isn't even close to time to get rid of RR. They need to get the defense going. If they can't the problems are huge.

Your comment about Joe Gibbs being able to win with anyone under center is both funny and right. Meanwhile this team hasn't been able to win with anyone under center. Of course just a QB is not going to get it done.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your points are valid, but this doesn’t explain how putrid our defense is. This is what I find so upseting. We have talent , good talent, on the defense. We just aren’t using them right.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it only that we arent using the defense right though?

I mean, bostic was shitty in coverage last year too, and st juste and davis are rookies. Collins is out of position as a safety who cant really cover anybody, and that was the knock on him since his days on the giants.

It seems to me that Offensive coordinators are simply exploiting the most vulnerable matchups they see on the wft defense, AND JDR isnt adjusting for it.

I’d love to know the reason, for example, that they only kept two lbs to begin with?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, it isn't even close to time to get rid of RR. They need to get the defense going. If they can't the problems are huge.

Your comment about Joe Gibbs being able to win with anyone under center is both funny and right. Meanwhile this team hasn't been able to win with anyone under center. Of course just a QB is not going to get it done.
That's the issue and I think that's why everyone is so down right now. Coming into the season a lot of us, not all of us, but most thought we were a QB away. Three weeks in it doesn't look that way and that's what is so depressing.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it only that we arent using the defense right though?

I mean, bostic was shitty in coverage last year too, and st juste and davis are rookies. Collins is out of position as a safety who cant really cover anybody, and that was the knock on him since his days on the giants.

It seems to me that Offensive coordinators are simply exploiting the most vulnerable matchups they see on the wft defense, AND JDR isnt adjusting for it.

I’d love to know the reason, for example, that they only kept two lbs to begin with?
It's mind boggling why JDR was money at making adjustments at the half last year and can't do it this year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the issue and I think that's why everyone is so down right now. Coming into the season a lot of us, not all of us, but most thought we were a QB away. Three weeks in it doesn't look that way and that's what is so depressing.
I thought we were way far away at QB. I did think Fitz could do some things but I thought the record was going to be mostly on the D. I had TH as the third QB except for Allen's injury. I was really hoping the WTF would get in the Mac Jones bowl. :noidea:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Stafford, but as the talks went on it became clear the Lions were gonna do Stafford a solid and trade him where he wanted to go.

I wasn't a big Jones guy, but a small piece of me was intrigued by trading up for Lance or Fields.

I'm still all in on Watson. Thing is QB isn't really our main issue right now, but if we want to eventually play with the big boys, it needs to be.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your points are valid, but this doesn’t explain how putrid our defense is. This is what I find so upseting. We have talent , good talent, on the defense. We just aren’t using them right.
I think they arent hungry

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Heinicke
Football quarterback

Overview

News

Stats

Education

Highlights

Contracts

Videos

Main Results​

Game stats

GameYDSTDINTRating
Sep 26
@
BUF
Sep 16
vs
NYG
Sep 12
vs
LAC
Regular Season6705397.7
I am not seeing him as the problem . The defense is an overrated , bloated piece of hot garbage