• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera Washed Up

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Herbert can play defense too, I'm not sure his presence would lead to victories. WFT hired the nicest guy in the world to coach the team. NFL Man of the Year trophy not enough?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we really need to riot until the results of the Falcons game.
Taylor is essentially a rookie, the falcons defense is not great, and the Bills are no slouch. If we think for a minute, Herbert would be 3-0 with the suspect play calling on offense and defense, that's fantasy.
Pre game, the majority of us weren't expecting to win. I'll say this now, i will always take an ugly win over a pretty loss.
I believe that's our future, lots of ugly wins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Herbert at Oregon for 3 years. You can think what you want, homey, but you already got it fucked up. Tua wasm't the consensus #1 QB in the draft. Joe Burrow was. And going strictly with an eyeball test. Herbert at 6'.6" 235 pounds blew both Burrow and especially Tua out the water. Same goes for arm talent. Burrow and Tua may've been getting all the love from talking heads and the like, but Herbert had that "if you could build a stud NFL QB this is what he would look like" vibe like a mothafucker. Moreso than any QB since Andrew Luck a nd m,ore than him even. Not only was he huge and had the most arm talent in his class. He could move in the pocket, he could run, throw on the run, had touch, was smart. They say had he came out after his jr year he'd of been the # 1 pk. But as he played ar Oregon and not OSU or Alabama their dumb asses would've probably still picked one year wonder Haskins.

And if you think scouts didn't know who Herbert was that might have been true (though I seriously doubt it) until the Senior Bowl where he wowed everyone and ended up as the game's MVP. San Diego knew who he was.

You're probably right though about the Skins drafting Tua as opposed to drafting Herbert. The Skins gravitate towards players who get talked about the most, are sexy, and get hype. Players like Haskins or Chase Young. The Skins think that players who play at places like Ohio St and Alabama are better than kids who play at Oregon. That's too bad cuz had both you and the Skins really looked at Herbert you would've seen that he was a sexy as fuck breast and unlike the players the Skins keep drafting with their #1 picks. That Herbert has the goods to be more than a flash in the pan 1 year rookie wonder with a really cool nickname.

I meant Tua was #1 on the Skins board. Herbert was the 3rd ranked Qb in this draft. The only reason why Burrow was #1 was b/c of Tua's hip injury. Herbert was not even in the conversation at the time we were picking #2. It was Young or Tua.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are panicking and overreacting.

Buffalo is really good. It was a bad game, that is all.
Far as the defense goes. Both Dago n Buffalo had their way with the defense the entire game. The Giants hung 29 points on the defense and if not for a dropped pass and a bad call by a ref it could've easily been 40 points. Its been 3 bad games and the thing that's fuckin with me is that the coaching staff has made no noticeable changes. They keep employing the same schemes and personnel and the defense keeps giving up yards, first downs, 3rd dn conv and points.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Tua was #1 on the Skins board. Herbert was the 3rd ranked Qb in this draft. The only reason why Burrow was #1 was b/c of Tua's hip injury. Herbert was not even in the conversation at the time we were picking #2. It was Young or Tua.
I agree 100% with you on who the Skins likely would've picked. And as usual like they've been the last however many years they've had a first rd pk. They would've been wrong. The best first rd picks the Skins have made in the last 20 years have been Treat Williams, Carlos Rogers, who when he was in DC. Couldn't catch a cold had he lived butt-naked on an iceberg. Sean Taylor and had he not died. He would've got the fuck outta DC the first decent chance that came his way. LaVar Arrington who suffered from both injuries and the Daniel Snyder treatment which is guaranteed to fuck off a player's career.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with you on who the Skins likely would've picked. And as usual like they've been the last however many years they've had a first rd pk. They would've been wrong. The best first rd picks the Skins have made in the last 20 years have been Treat Williams, Carlos Rogers, who when he was in DC. Couldn't catch a cold had he lived butt-naked on an iceberg. Sean Taylor and had he not died. He would've got the fuck outta DC the first decent chance that came his way. LaVar Arrington who suffered from both injuries and the Daniel Snyder treatment which is guaranteed to fuck off a player's career.
Don’t forget RK

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one expected Herbert to play this good, this early on. The media tried to play him for a soft punk incapable of leading because he's mild mannered and also lost in some big games. But let's not act like Herbert doesn't already have ELITE teammates on both sides of the ball. I strongly believe he would be a nobody if he were on this current team

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one expected Herbert to play this good, this early on. The media tried to play him for a soft punk incapable of leading because he's mild mannered and also lost in some big games. But let's not act like Herbert doesn't already have ELITE teammates on both sides of the ball. I strongly believe he would be a nobody if he were on this current team
I pay no attention to what the media says. Skins might still struggle with Herbert but they would be better than any of the other three QBs.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we’re being completely honest, TH isnt the problem with this team. The offense isnt the problem with this team.

If the defense played the way they did last year, they might have beaten the chargers. If they were even average, neither team would have blown out the WTF’s, and they would have beaten the giants comfortably.

Opposing offenses figured out in one game that the way to attack the WFT is exploiting the lbs in coverage. JDR has not adjusted to that reality yet.

Hudson in coverage? Dropping Collins down the line? One of the tweener hybrids? Zero blitzing with tight coverages on important downs? I dont know. Something.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay no attention to what the media says. Skins might still struggle with Herbert but they would be better than any of the other three QBs.

I want to disagree, but Herbert's anticipation and trust of WRs is beyond his years.
i agree that he would perform better, but with the special teams and defense playing poorly, it may not matter

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know if we kept KC. We would be nfc championship game contenders :D
Correct!! Just ask the Vikings who were actual championship contenders until they got him (52-53-2) as the upgrade that they needed to win it all! :pound: :pound:

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why the Skin'em Alls comment is right. Cousins has performed well in Minnesota but many reasons it has not turned into wins. Primarily because of defense and poor kicking. Vikes could be 3-0 but Cook fumbles in FG territory in game 1 and the kicker misses an extra point early in game 2 and then misses a short TD to win. Cousins has throw for 900 yards, 8 TDs and 0 Ints.

Until the WTF start playing defense I don't know that Brady could help them.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: this is the ultimate, "you can win a SB with these type of players" statement. While true, there's no instance in which teams winning that one title, ever returning with middle of the pack QB's. It's a lottery mindset, and one formed from desperation instead of being actually focused upon building a team that is a perennial winner because you put aside your feelings and did what was best for winning titles. You see this internally when you have players with useful but fading value being kept too long, generally for nostalgic reasons, instead of getting trade value that actually helps your team. I can see some fans with this mindset, they don't know better, or the difference between a young player with upside and a fading still useful veteran, but the organization, supposedly professional, is there for that exact purpose, unless...

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in some big games? What big games are those? He set rookie records of most TD passes in a season, most completions in a season, most total TDs in a rookie season, most 300 yard assing games in a season by a rookie. Most games with 2 passing TDs in a season by rookie., most games with 3 passing TDs in a season by a rookie. Youngest player to throw for 30 TDs in a season. Was 39 yards shy of throwing for the most passing yeards in a season by a rookie. All that in 15 games. His w/l record was 6-9 of those 9 losses only 2 were by more than 2 scores and only 1 was a b;low out. Of those 5 victories 4 in a row came to close out the season. The Chargers have played the Chiefs 3 times with Herbert as their starting QB. The Chargers are 2-1 in those games winning the last 2. Name one other team that's done that since Mahomes has been their starting QB..

Who in the media called him mild mannered or a soft punk? Where did you get that bullshit from?

Who's acting like the Chasrgers don't have talent? They always had talent. They had talent when Phillip Rivers was there. What elite QB doesn't have elite talent on their team?

A nobody? WTF? TH couldn't hold Herbert's jock if you hog-tied it then super-glued it to his hand.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all over reacting in some fashion. This defense has talent but the onus falls on JDR. He has come out vanilla because he thinks our front can do the job by themselves. We had 0 sacks yesterday, 0! CY has 0 sacks!
Are you watching this shitty Dallas defense playing tonight? Do they have more talent on defense than we do? Hell no they don't but they do get after it on every down, stunt up from, mixing blitzes and noticable adjustments are being made.They always seems to have someone running into Hurts' face. Just a well thought out game plan by Quinn. JDR needs to get the fuk with it!!!