• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera Washed Up

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins played in the box long enough to completely misplay - along with cam kurl - kamara kn that easy, backbreaking td run.

Its not hard to exploit collins even if he is in the box. Spread the defense out and make him “cover” anybody either one on one or in a zone. Run past him in zone, and run by him in man to man.

Being “fooled” by essentially a one dimensional offense with very limited weapons but a super great coach isnt boding well for anybody - collins included.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't understand what everyone saw last year, and perhaps someone can enlighten me with respect to what I obviously missed regarding this defense in particular and in general with respect to the entire team. To be fair this is what I saw defensively of the team that finished with a 7-9 record with all wins coming against bad teams.

1633984769510.png

While almost everyone else was marveling about TH's well deserved play against the Bucs, I saw the above and realized that the loud "HOLY SHIT!!" from me, resulted from 365 yard passing and 142 rushing against our guys! It was a very short step going from this is what happened to our guys against a very good Tampa Bay team and the realization that this year they are playing against very good teams. So, I'll ask again, what did I miss?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins played in the box long enough to completely misplay - along with cam kurl - kamara kn that easy, backbreaking td run.

Its not hard to exploit collins even if he is in the box. Spread the defense out and make him “cover” anybody either one on one or in a zone. Run past him in zone, and run by him in man to man.

Being “fooled” by essentially a one dimensional offense with very limited weapons but a super great coach isnt boding well for anybody - collins included.
LC is washed up

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't understand what everyone saw last year, and perhaps someone can enlighten me with respect to what I obviously missed regarding this defense in particular and in general with respect to the entire team. To be fair this is what I saw defensively of the team that finished with a 7-9 record with all wins coming against bad teams.

View attachment 281362

While almost everyone else was marveling about TH's well deserved play against the Bucs, I saw the above and realized that the loud "HOLY SHIT!!" from me, resulted from 365 yard passing and 142 rushing against our guys! It was a very short step going from this is what happened to our guys against a very good Tampa Bay team and the realization that this year they are playing against very good teams. So, I'll ask again, what did I miss?
You didn’t miss a thing . What I didn’t expect was a total lack of effort resulting in the worst defense in the NFL .
I figured we were middle of the pack on defense with good effort .
But with dicked up effort we are nothing more then dried up urine on a sidewalk

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach may be on too something starting this thread!?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 281362

The season sending defensive stats is the obvious yet clearly faulty answer given what's happened this year.

The Skins 2020 defense put up these numbers.
2nd in total yards allowed
2nd in passing yards allowed
4th in points allowed and 1 of only 4 teams that held opponents to under 20 pt a game
9th in INTs
9th in total takeaways
Note: the Skins finished the T.O. differential with -4
6th in sacks

Dealing with an offense that at its very best was slightly under mediocre only topping 30 pt once with a 41-16 win against Dallas. Only getting 25 to 27 points 4 times, 23 pt twice (and Chase and Curl scored defensive TDs in the 23-15 victory against the 9ers) and while scoring 20 pt or less 10 times.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season sending defensive stats is the obvious yet clearly faulty answer given what's happened this year.

The Skins 2020 defense put up these numbers.
2nd in total yards allowed
2nd in passing yards allowed
4th in points allowed and 1 of only 4 teams that held opponents to under 20 pt a game
9th in INTs
9th in total takeaways
Note: the Skins finished the T.O. differential with -4
6th in sacks

Dealing with an offense that at its very best was slightly under mediocre only topping 30 pt once with a 41-16 win against Dallas. Only getting 25 to 27 points 4 times, 23 pt twice (and Chase and Curl scored defensive TDs in the 23-15 victory against the 9ers) and while scoring 20 pt or less 10 times.
I looked at those numbers and most important the teams that they got them against. This team played very poor teams especially in the homestretch (last 6 or 7 opponents) a year ago. Turns out it was inflated hype and more of the same as 7-9 NFCE champions. I'm not saying that the hype had legitimate, nee, hopeful, pinnings, but that title meant more than a playoff spot, it also meant playing a division title schedule this year. Weighing that against what happened to them against a real playoff contender, gave me that aha moment and projections totaling no more than 5 to 6 wins this year.

Basically, I didn't get caught up in the hype, never put on the rose colored glasses and took an objective look.

Fool me from 1999 to 2012, shame on them. Fool me from 2013 to 2021, shame on me!

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back and look I didn't like the Jackson or Samuels signing

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pretty much assure you I am not going to go back and look so I will take your word for it.