• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera Washed Up

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't write the article, I just asked the pertinent questions that it raised.

I get working on his game, but you cannot sacrifice real games while your QB gets used to that adjustment. Sure work on his game, but take advantage of his strength until he masters the fix. (they have been working on it since training camp, IJS)

I'm pretty sure that I've made my point in as much as what sort of record I could see them having. I respect your 11-5, and hope that you can respect my 9-7.

I still think that they are a QB away! I also still think that they should go hard for the second best QB in the game. Weird that I want Washington, for once in it's modern day history to have a QB, when ranked, doesn't fall below 5 in the entire league (and just happens to be far better (more dynamic) than Herbert) huh?? Bad Sty!!

I don't disagree with you that they would be much better off had they drafted Herbert instead of Young, but that's rewriting history with hindsight based on the state of the current status of both players and this team. All of that aside, why is it ok for you to have wanted a rising star like Herbert, and this organization failing to get a top of the line QB, yet not ok, for me to still want them to go after one?
I didn't say you wrote the article. I said you started a thread pondering who was more of an issue in last week's game, the QB or pass catchers.

The article didn't state that TH was working on his in the pocket passing during games. Just that on passes from the pocket against Buffalo his performance was poor. Especially when you factor in the protection he received which was very good and the time he had to throw which was ample.

Far better eh. I don't think posters were against the possibility of Watson as the Skins QB. It was his possible legal woes, injury history and the depletion of multiple drafts that it would take to acquire him. That had peeps either being gun-shy or outright against it. Can't blame em. Not even 27 yr old and already has a torn acl grade 3 on both knees, a sprain lcl grade 2 to name a few.

Me wanting Herbert is as far as that will ever go. The Chargers aren't trading him

Who said it was not OK for you to want the to go after Watson. What people find as not OK is the 5 or 6 pieces you'd be willing to give up to get him. Too many high risk/low reward probability trades having never worked out will do that to peeps. Besides wouldn't that pox Skins coaching and management have upon them eventually do Watson in. Making it a double whammy when you factor in all the draft picks lost acquiring Watson.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the narrative around around here regarding Watson is a team/organization that was found to have sexually harassed former employees cannot trade for a guy that has 20+ charges against him. If he is cleared then that changes everything. He is not cleared ... yet.

I think most of us here remembered the haul we gave up for Griffin and we do hesitate giving up 5 or 6 assets. I think the team would be a lot safer with Watson than Griffin but the team is struggling now ... give up all those assets for Watson and what do you have? A better QB who can't win because he doesn't have the players he needs. We saw last year what he could do last year with a depleted team. I think a lot of us were not for going after Stafford due to age and assets required to get him. :2cents:

What if the Redskins didn't make that trade and instead drafted Kuechly, Stephen Gilmore or Fletcher Cox and still had Cousins ... and their No. 1 and 2 the following year? We'll never know. Having Watson lead the team to about a .500 record sounds a lot like 2015-17.

It sounds to me Breed like you knew a lot more than most of us regarding Herbert.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way that this team can make a run at Watson at this time. Given his legal woes, there is a real psssibility that Watson will be suspended from the league for a significant period of time and possibly even time behind bars if any of the r*pe or sexually assault allegations prove true. To give up a couple of 1st round picks with that risk makes no sense for a franchise that apparently still has numerous holes (especially one that has a recent sexual harassment histor). If fact, it makes no sense for any franchise.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a coach doesn’t have the balls to bench players such as Landon Collins, he needs to go.

When a coach doesn’t have the balls to blast their defensive coordinator when their highly skilled defense is giving up well over 30 PPG, he needs to go.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense doesn’t seem to be giving their all IMO. I wonder could it be from not having much faith in the offense. Of course the O has been a lot better than last so probably not

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is does the defense have highly skilled players?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it's all questionable now.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby truly sucks at FS, Curl is being wasted, Collins probably runs a 4.78 right now.
Rivera could be tanking to finally get his QB. No competent coach forgets to play prevent when the ONLY option for the opposing team is a HAIL MARY.
This is not just bad football, its the kind of football that divides the team and destroys its spirit.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it does. For whatever reason, they are playing like shit. Whether it is one player being out of position or not knowing their assignments, it falls on the coaches at this point.
I am going to go with that is not proven yet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s effort , about 1/2 the defense is giving it . The other issue is not playing assignment football , Collins and McCain need to be benched and reeves and curl need to be made starters

I am sick and tired of watching basic communication problem game in game out , year in year out

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins couldnt cover in NY.
He couldnt cover before he was injured here.
He cant cover this year.
He had a hand in both blown assignment touchdowns during the saints game.
He isnt being used effectively.
He needs to be a linebacker or a cover three extra safety. That’s pretty much all he is good for.

McCain and Jackson have also both played badly. If they were bad fits for this defense then it was a mistake to go out and get them, especially since you let moreau, moreland, and darby go from last year’s lights out defense.

Curl and reaves played the best tandem safeties last year. They might not be the most talented, but they were talented enough to end the embarrassing blown coverage plays that plagued the team when collins started.

It’s time to bench collins and mccain, get jackson playing whatever he plaued in cinci, and put in reaves and curl full time.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson played a lot of man in Cincy. He's been really bad this year. Led the league with four PIS headed into the Saints game.

I'd like to see a rotation of Curl, Reaves and Everett just like last year.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jackson played a lot of man last year, and he was by all accounts a very goid cb while playing man, then put him on an island and have him play man coverage starting next week.

Tyreek hill? Kelce? A tall order, indeed. Certainly better than watching tyreek hill blow by and through another missed assignment though.

If you’re gonna get beat, get beat mano-a-‘mano.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem with this defense is they are not working as a single unit. They don’t communicate well and have a couple of guys that tend to freelance. How this can be attributed to anyone but the coaching staff is beyond me. Especially since it has been a regular occurrence since the first game. Coaches have to adapt and our JDR has not shown the willingness or ability to do that. Landon Collins shitty play is just a symptom of the problem. The problem is that the coaching staff is not addressing Collins shitty play.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins played in the box a lot yesterday. Saints found him when he wasn't it.

The WTF did have a different game plan yesterday. Maybe too many adjustments.

Redskins two key aquisitons in FA last year were Samuel and Jackson. One has barely played and the other has been mediocre at best.