• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera vs Mike McCarthy

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if playing NFL games meets ethical baselines and I'm still concerned about the influx of CO-19 currently among the ranks. On top of that, there's a sort of normalized messaging received by the masses as the games continue to be played.

You're correct though, the games have been played and for better or worse, I was wrong about that.

TBH, no one knows how good or disappointing Haskins will be, but I own an rock solid belief in human ability to become better when they know better. In that light, I take the position on Haskins not because I have some insight into his future abilities, but because so many have already given up on the guy without giving him the benefit of opportunity that is common for players drafted for the same purpose.

Perhaps fans/followers/supporters of this game take on a pizza mindset (30 minutes or less) but as you've mentioned before, I (we) come from a different generation that informs us that sometimes time and patience yield better results.

You described perfectly why I consider the jury still being out on the verdict concerning Haskins. I've said this before on these threads and I'll say it again, I cheer very hard for the hand that is dealt to us with all of our players who are on the field including Haskins when he was taking the snaps. I'm also cheering very hard for Haskins off the field with his growth and maturity to become not only a good football player but a good human being as well. All of the recent things I have seen and read about him say that he is doing just that.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More a lack of comprehension than semantics. I wrote something specific and you failed to correctly comprehend it for whatever reason. Pretty big distinction between ending a player's season and ending a player's career. Especially if that player is just in his 2nd year.
Sure thing, toots.
Your post was super-didficult to understand. Must have been all those big words.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it. Instead of simply saying my bad. I read the shit wrong. You do you and go with triflin n stupid.

Do you understand that or do you need help with it as well?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chill and @Breed, you've both got your shots in and probably are in a 'don't like that MFka kinda mood' but beyond the personals, when can I expect that damn good insight from both of you that I've come to appreciate again?

Don't lose the point in the fog of your ongoing war of words, but I'm kinda selfish in this regard. To be clear, I'm not asking you to stop, you're both grown and I respect your right to slam the shit outta one another as you see fit. However, you both got us accustomed to your pearls of wisdom, at least occasionally and TBH, (can't speak for others) I'm missing your input even though I'm here sporadically.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt read your idiotic post wrong, toots.

Hence “semantics are fun.”

Sty, THIS is an example of a pyrrhic victory.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chill and @Breed, you've both got your shots in and probably are in a 'don't like that MFka kinda mood' but beyond the personals, when can I expect that damn good insight from both of you that I've come to appreciate again?

Don't lose the point in the fog of your ongoing war of words, but I'm kinda selfish in this regard. To be clear, I'm not asking you to stop, you're both grown and I respect your right to slam the shit outta one another as you see fit. However, you both got us accustomed to your pearls of wisdom, at least occasionally and TBH, (can't speak for others) I'm missing your input even though I'm here sporadically.
Well said Sty...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t stand squabbling. And love both your posts. That said, carry on gents!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you claiming your, 'talk of ending Haskins career being a little premature.' comment wasn't directed at me?