• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo throwing at practice

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made Miles a whole lot of money

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see where Williams may be hurt. Is Romo really throwing to Miles

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Cowboys OC Scott Linehan said that although QB Tony Romo (back) was able to perform a limited practice on Thursday for the first time this season, there is still no timetable for his return to the starting lineup.

There’s no timeline or any of that stuff, but we’re just really happy to see him get back out there,” said Linehan via Drew Davison.

• Todd Archer of ESPN notes that Romo did not take any reps during the 11-on-11 portion of practice but was in a helmet and jersey during when practice was open to media.
  • Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli said CB Orlando Scandrick (hamstring) will be on a “pitch count” for Sunday’s Week 8 game. (Charean Williams)
Gonna stick this in the Scandrick thread as well

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans be like...

giphy.gif

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Ian Rapoport reports that Cowboys QB Tony Romo (back) won’t practice this week, despite some prior optimism that he could return for their Week 8 game against the Eagles.
  • According to Rapoport, Romo is still rehabbing and isn’t ready to return to the team at this point.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant: Tony Romo 'looked like a little missile' in return to practice
Romo has gotten in some limited practice sessions as he works his way back from his latest injury

Dak Prescott will continue to make the starts under center for the Dallas Cowboys as Tony Romo works his way back from his latest injury. The Cowboys -- Prescott and Romo included -- seem fine with that arrangement, for now.

Romo will be healthy at some point, and then a decision will have to be made, but for now, he's just getting in some limited reps at practice. He recently began throwing passes to the wide receivers during the early portion of practices, and one person impressed with how the QB looks, both physically and in terms of his throws, is the team's best wide receiver: Dez Bryant.

"I THINK HE'S BEEN LOSING SOME WEIGHT AND I THINK I SAW SOME ABS ON HIM. ... (ROMO) LOOKED LIKE A LITTLE MISSILE."Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant
"I think he's been losing some weight and I think I saw some abs on him," Bryant said, per NFL.com. Bryant later added that Romo "looked like a little missile."

While we're not exactly sure what Dez means by saying Romo looked like a "little missile," it's certainly encouraging that he's encouraged by how Romo looks on the field. Having both Prescott and Romo ready to play would give the Cowboys two high-level options in case one or the other falters.

Whether Romo will actually get a chance to step back into the lineup -- which seemed a foregone conclusion before the season started and the Cowboys raced out to a 6-1 start with Prescott at the helm -- remains to be seen. Dez, though, is confident in both players. "Me and [Romo], we good but I don't know, it's a team game. So we just have to see."

Nobody in Dallas seems to want to commit one way or the other. They're all content to let Prescott play this our until he either stumbles or gets injured, all while allowing Romo to both heal his back and avoid further injury.

Not sure what the heck Dez is saying/implying and why he felt the need to say anything at all............oh yeah cause he's Dez and assumed someone cares about his opinion. Unless he was specifically being asked how he thought Romo looked, and then it would be the media that is keeping this non-story in the news. Again it is a non-story, until Tony is even ready to get back

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo will be healthy when he can take a hit to the back and not get hurt again. From the very beginning there was an article that one of the team guys stated that a doctor said don't be fooled if he is throwing in a month. His injury concern is contact, not throwing. This is killing Romo, but coming back early will simply end his career. Wait it out, hope you still have a job and when you finally get to play Football (even if it is somewhere else) show everyone you can still play at a high level...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo will be healthy when he can take a hit to the back and not get hurt again. From the very beginning there was an article that one of the team guys stated that a doctor said don't be fooled if he is throwing in a month. His injury concern is contact, not throwing. This is killing Romo, but coming back early will simply end his career. Wait it out, hope you still have a job and when you finally get to play Football (even if it is somewhere else) show everyone you can still play at a high level...
I love Dak, but if Romo were totally healthy and feeling great, I'd be happy to see him back out there

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what the heck Dez is saying/implying and why he felt the need to say anything at all............oh yeah cause he's Dez and assumed someone cares about his opinion. Unless he was specifically being asked how he thought Romo looked, and then it would be the media that is keeping this non-story in the news. Again it is a non-story, until Tony is even ready to get back
Or maybe, Dez is trying to show support to Romo and maybe the locker room won't be torn apart if Romo gets back on the field.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe, Dez is trying to show support to Romo and maybe the locker room won't be torn apart if Romo gets back on the field.

Tony is too good of a guy and teammate to let the locker room be torn apart. I would be surprised if Tony did anything other than saying and doing all the right things. Would be a nice gesture on Dez' part but maybe out of character for it to be anything but about Dez himself. Teasing mostly

Though Tony "looking like" missile is an odd comparison, maybe if he was throwing missiles it would make more sense

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony is too good of a guy and teammate to let the locker room be torn apart. I would be surprised if Tony did anything other than saying and doing all the right things. Would be a nice gesture on Dez' part but maybe out of character for it to be anything but about Dez himself. Teasing mostly

Though Tony "looking like" missile is an odd comparison, maybe if he was throwing missiles it would make more sense

Perhaps that is what he meant:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do understand there are some fans suggesting if Rome plays it can separate the team. No I am not one of those fans.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand there are some fans suggesting if Rome plays it can separate the team. No I am not one of those fans.

I am aware, but I don't think "some" fans really understand. If they really think the locker room would be divided by a decision to start Tony, I believe they have bought into the media stir too much. I believe both Dak and Tony are too professional, to not accept whatever decision is made and support the other guy and the team until a different decision is necessary

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware, but I don't think "some" fans really understand. If they really think the locker room would be divided by a decision to start Tony, I believe they have bought into the media stir too much. I believe both Dak and Tony are too professional, to not accept whatever decision is made and support the other guy and the team until a different decision is necessary
Agree, I don't think either will divide the team, and I can see Dez's statement as a statement saying the team is together regardless who starts.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak won't stir the pot if he's benched, Romo has been supportive of him and the kid is a class act. No chance

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Romo would ever purposely do anything to hurt the team or locker room, but I think the point was what would happen if Romo were to be inserted as starter since the team and Dak are playing at such a high level. Romo loves being QB of the Dallas Cowboys and will do anything to get that job back and sure as heck isn't going to just step aside and say he isn't ready. That being said, I think Dez wasn't thinking that much into it and was just saying all the right things and I'm also sure Romo is throwing the ball fine, but that was never part of the concern when it comes to his health.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team would support Romo 100% if inserted back as starter. 100%...well for game one at least. If things don't go well, even if not Tony's fault, you are crazy if you think the players won't start talking amongst themselves.:2cents: