• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rolling Stone Aaron Hernandez Story

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the full article and Im not sure how this puts any bad light on Patriots. Unnamed sources is a 50/50 prospect- Not sure how anyones besides Belichick and Hernandez knows what was said. That being said, if hernandez was scared for his life and belichick told him to find another place to live where people don't know about (ie safehouse) that's sounds like decent advice. If hernandez said he has killed people (which he obviously has) and needed advice and then Belichick said to find a "safehouse", well then you'd have a story, but that didn't happen. Most of this article is stuff we already knew anyway. RS seems to get a lot of love on this site...... never been a credible music magazine, shouldn't trust it for news articles..... especially with a plethora of unnamed sources.

Rolling Stone said it did but we're supposed to believe some guy on an internet message board with 2 posts because he says it didn't?

Once again: If RS were out to "get" the Patriots why IN THE WORLD would they make THAT up? :scratch:

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article was a great read. AH was one sick, sick puppy. The Patriots have been exposed in his image.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Pats pulled that "We'll credit you with pro-shop credit if you bought a AH jersey from the team store and can prove it with a receipt." They were interviewing Pats fans standing in line that day and one actually said, "I'm returning this because I don't want the legacy of the Kraft's to be tarnished." and actually looked like tears were forming.

I saw that! It was an ESPN video. It was a fat, white guy standing out on the sidewalk and he actually said "I don't want anything to do with Aaron Hernandez. He tarnished Myra's legacy."

Verbatim quote.

Pats fans eat that shit up faster than the spin doctors in Foxboro can come up with it. Amazing.

bovine-excrement-meter-animation.gif

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Borges wrote the article. He was fired for plagiarism.

Then you have the "facts" smoking lots of pot and "heavy use" of PCP, yet not one failed drug test.

It is a hack piece and seeks to target NE, Kraft and BB in all ways and nothing else.

but hey believe what you want, it's not like Rolling Stone is reputable.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people making a big deal about this one way or another here are being hilarious!

TO PATS HATERS: the sole reason ANY team in the nfl would ever pass on a talent like hernandez is the belief or concern that their organization could not handle him. The pats took a first round talent in the 4th round that looked like he might possibly turn into a HOF once he began playing. What separates the pats from a lot of the bozo organizations whose fans are criticising the pats (like the titans) is not that they don't take chances with players that have had problems in the past, its that that don't put up with shit from players when it is clear that they can't be rehabilitated. The pats are just about the best organization in the nfl to get players back on the straight and narrow, but no one has a 100% success rate. The pats aren't a saintly or charitable organization, they have become one of the most successful organizations in nfl history by following an organizational model that has been in place for close to 20 years.

TO PATS DEFENDERS: The pats really don't need you to put in so much effort. See above:suds:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Borges wrote the article. He was fired for plagiarism.

Link? I cant find evidence of that anywhere

Just got the mag (I subscribe). Not the headline story but there it is. Still blows my mind how somebody with the world at his feet could get so completely off-track

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people making a big deal about this one way or another here are being hilarious!

TO PATS HATERS: the sole reason ANY team in the nfl would ever pass on a talent like hernandez is the belief or concern that their organization could not handle him. The pats took a first round talent in the 4th round that looked like he might possibly turn into a HOF once he began playing. What separates the pats from a lot of the bozo organizations whose fans are criticising the pats (like the titans) is not that they don't take chances with players that have had problems in the past, its that that don't put up with shit from players when it is clear that they can't be rehabilitated. The pats are just about the best organization in the nfl to get players back on the straight and narrow, but no one has a 100% success rate. The pats aren't a saintly or charitable organization, they have become one of the most successful organizations in nfl history by following an organizational model that has been in place for close to 20 years.

TO PATS DEFENDERS: The pats really don't need you to put in so much effort. See above:suds:

So, in other words, you have absolutely nothing of value to contribute on this subject.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? I cant find evidence of that anywhere

Just got the mag (I subscribe). Not the headline story but there it is. Still blows my mind how somebody with the world at his feet could get so completely off-track

Instead of helping the guy, Urban Meyer, Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft enabled him and exploited the shit out of him.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It not like maryjane that can absorb into your body fat and take a month to completely flush out of your body. PCP only takes 4-7 days to flush out of your system.

Yeah true. Of course he was smoking weed too.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of helping the guy, Urban Meyer, Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft enabled him and exploited the shit out of him.

Fair to say he should of been helped. Goes to show what you can get away with if you have talent. I don't think they knew exactly how bad it was though. Not sure if I believe if Hernandez told BB he life was in danger and he told him to get a safe house. Some of this story seems a little wrong.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in other words, you have absolutely nothing of value to contribute on this subject.

I guess from your perspective I don't; doesn't synchronize with your constant bleating about what is wrong with the pats. Anyone that thinks Kraft is a saint, or the pats are a saintly organization, whether fans or haters, have rocks in their head.

As a fan of the team though, I can't imagine any other organization or owner I would rather have and I am also guessing the vast majority of your fellow fans and the majority of fans of other teams in the nfl (there are a few organizations in sports that are on the same level and wouldn't be in that category, but not many) feel the same when comparing what you have and what we have, warts and all.

I guess if I was a fan of a team that was owned by a caricature of a clown like Bud Adams I would need to focus on something else as much as possible. I don't know how the above stacks up to what you are contributing to the subject, but it is what it is:lol:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess from your perspective I don't; doesn't synchronize with your constant bleating about what is wrong with the pats. Anyone that thinks Kraft is a saint, or the pats are a saintly organization, whether fans or haters, have rocks in their head.

As a fan of the team though, I can't imagine any other organization or owner I would rather have and I am also guessing the vast majority of your fellow fans and the majority of fans of other teams in the nfl (there are a few organizations in sports that are on the same level and wouldn't be in that category, but not many) feel the same when comparing what you have and what we have, warts and all.

I guess if I was a fan of a team that was owned by a caricature of a clown like Bud Adams I would need to focus on something else as much as possible. I don't know how the above stacks up to what you are contributing to the subject, but it is what it is:lol:

"Before this article I shouted from the rooftops how the Patriots are flawless but now I'm admitting they're not and fully admitting that a week ago I had "rocks in my head" for believing such nonsense. But none of it matters anyway since the [insert NFL team here] is so laughably inferior to the Patriots and [insert team owner here] isn't worthy of life unless St. Robert Kraft says he is." - catchbluefish

The contemptuous sense of entitlement and arrogance from the typical Patriots fan, the coach and the owner is the reason I am counting the seconds until their irrelevance in the NFL. And there are millions of others who feel the same way.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Before this article I shouted from the rooftops how the Patriots are flawless but now I'm admitting they're not and fully admitting that a week ago I had "rocks in my head" for believing such nonsense. But none of it matters anyway since the [insert NFL team here] is so laughably inferior to the Patriots and [insert team owner here] isn't worthy of life unless St. Robert Kraft says he is." - catchbluefish

The contemptuous sense of entitlement and arrogance from the typical Patriots fan, the coach and the owner is the reason I am counting the seconds until their irrelevance in the NFL. And there are millions of others who feel the same way.

You know how many losing seasons that pats have had since 1994 since the Kraft's bought them and the first year of the salary cap era (that is 19 years if you have trouble counting) Hammer? If you said 3 you would be counting one two many. They also have the best record of any team in the salary cap era....but you probably already knew that.

If you are waiting for the pats to become irrelevant, you better get comfy because you are going to be waiting for a long, long, long time. Of course if a senile old fool like Bud Adams ever took them over, I wouldn't disagree they could go back to nfl oblivion a.k.a the tennessee titans.:laugh3:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to comment on the article, but ever since that piece of shit sorry excuse for a publication decided a Muslim terrorist was worthy of their cover I refuse to contribute anything to them, not even a web hit.

And now an in depth story on a thug POS who was too dumb to clean up his act when he had the world on a platter? Glorify the human pieces of shit and ignore the victims and heroes? Fuck Rolling Stone.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots starting TE has killed how many people now?

Add a couple more to the body count. :omg:

Aaron Hernandez seen in video at club with murder victims, report says - ESPN Boston

"This doesn't reflect poorly on the Patriots at all." - catchbluefish
"Yeah, but what about Pacman Jones on the Titans?" - catchbluefish

Aren't you supposed to be ignoring me rather than inviting me to respond by trying to call me out (kind of ineffectually I might add)? Couldn't you at least find an actually quote from me to help you make your point?

When the pats organization is indicted as an accessory to anything hernandez has done, then I might get worked up concerned about how they handle players.

Yes, when the pats draft a guy like Pac Man Jones who had a history in college and his personal life that made Hernandez look like a boyscout to serve as a warning sign and then follow that up with even worse behavior after he got drafted by the team without cutting him or really doing anything, yup, then I would be worried.

When the pats let a player like hainsworth behave the way he did during his tenure there, without cutting his ass after one of those incidents never mind the slew of them, yup that would get me a little concerned about what type of organization they were.

When the owner of the pats start acting like a combination of Rodney Dangerfield and Mister Magoo like Bud "the clown" adams, then my finger might be itching towards the panic button.

And I guess you just don't get it. Most fans don't care how saintly their organizations or players are. They expect their teams to win. They don't expect their teams to not draft or sign players with problem pasts as long as every other team doesn't have that restriction that would be dumb. But to win, especially since the salary cap, you need a top flight organization that deals well with problems when they happen. No one has a crystal ball to prevent them.

That's what separates teams like the pats and clown factories like the titans and its been that way for quite a while.:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb ass..... Talk about Riches to rags story, this guy can't get any more stupid??? can he?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly on his way to spend the rest of his life in the S.H.U. Congrats what an idiot. :laugh3: