• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rolling Stone Aaron Hernandez Story

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick seems to also like to take on "project" players.

Randy Moss - a complete douche until he was with the Patriots and he shut his piehole until the end which I guarety he regrets.

Terril Owens - Another idiot loudmouth

Albert Haynesworth - Another headcase.

Now granted they did not draft those players like they did with AH but in some weird way I think Bill likes to take on players that nobody wants to take a chance on.

In the end AH blew up and was a nightmare in public relations for the Pats. They gave him a huge contract and probably hoped for the best and instead got the exact opposite. That is on them. They had to have some knowledge of his life style and took a calculated risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you are doing is quoting an article from a magazine that sells copies to make money.

Yet, somehow, your source is better ?

1110.gif

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick seems to also like to take on "project" players.

Randy Moss - a complete douche until he was with the Patriots and he shut his piehole until the end which I guarety he regrets.

Terril Owens - Another idiot loudmouth

Albert Haynesworth - Another headcase.

Now granted they did not draft those players like they did with AH but in some weird way I think Bill likes to take on players that nobody wants to take a chance on.

Terrell Ownes never played for the Patriots but I'm surprised that he didn't. Obviously Belichick has a world of confidence in their system's ability to provide structure that doesn't allow misfits to act out and maximizes their talent.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Ownes never played for the Patriots but I'm surprised that he didn't. Obviously Belichick has a world of confidence in their system's ability to provide structure that doesn't allow misfits to act out and maximizes their talent.

I fucked up there. I meant Ocho whatever. I also added some to that post

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since high school, he’s scourged his skin with a scree of tattoos. Writ large on his left arm: HATE ME NOW. On the meat of his right hand, just above the knuckles: the word BLOOD in bright-red scrawl.

"How could we possibly know that a gangster with a violent past is capable of murder?" - Robert Kraft

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant come back.

I guess some guy never get beyond the "I read it in a magazine and therefore it must be true" stage of development. Which is usually around age 12.

I've never been so offended in my life. You obviously have serious skills.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing his pre-draft psychological report, where he received the lowest possible score, one out of 10, in the category of “social maturity” and which also noted that he enjoyed “living on the edge of acceptable behavior,” a handful of teams pulled him off their boards, and 25 others let him sink like a stone on draft day, April 24th. Only one team took the bait, burning a midround pick on a guy with “character issues”: the stoop-to-conquer Patriots of Bill Belichick.

"We had no idea about any of this." - St. Robert Kraft

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the seeds of the fiasco were sown years earlier, when Belichick replaced the Pats’ security chief with a tech-smart Brit named Mark Briggs. The NFL and its teams spend millions each year employing a web of former cops and ex-FBI agents to keep an eye on players and their posses. For decades, the Patriots relied on a homegrown crew of retired state troopers to do surveillance. Whenever a player popped up where he didn’t belong – a strip joint in Southie or a weed spot in Brockton – Frank Mendes, the team security chief from 1990 to 2003 and a former state trooper himself, would get a call from his cop or statie friends, whether they were on payroll or not. “I’d have known within a half-hour if Hernandez had gotten in trouble with police,” he says, “and told Belichick and he’d do whatever.” But when Belichick hired Briggs, who’d managed security at London’s Wembley Stadium and had limited street associates in the States, the tips from cops and troopers dried up. “The Patriots aren’t receptive to those kind of calls,” says a law-enforcement official who knows the team and dislikes Briggs. “It’s not a friendly environment to call over.”

"How could we possibly know there were any problems?" :noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONe thing that has struck me as odd is how quickly the Pats dropped Hernandez. That tells me that they knew beforehand that Aaron was into some shady stuff. Then as soon as the news hits they cut all ties with him, no questions asked. Either he told them he killed a guy and there was proof that day he went to the facilities, or they knew he was into some serious shit and were just waiting for it to hit the fan. As soon as it did, they cut him off.

All happened too fast. He isn't some 4th string scrub who was accused of something. That is their starting TE with their other TE having just gone under the knife. And they are just going to cut him as soon as he's arrested? Bull.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his first remarks after Odin Lloyd’s murder, Robert Kraft described himself as “duped” by Hernandez, saying he’d had no knowledge of his troubles. That is arrant nonsense: Every team knew him as a badly damaged kid with a circle of dangerous friends and a substance problem.

"The Patriots were duped by a most likable young man." - St. Robert Kraft, Inventor of Football

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even before fixing his name to the deal, Hernandez raised the stakes on bad behavior. Six weeks earlier, at a Boston club called Cure Lounge, he and his crew got into a scrap with some men from Cape Verde, a bar brawl that bred two murders, police suspect. Afterward, a few blocks from the club, a silver Toyota 4Runner with license plates from Rhode Island pulled up beside the sedan carrying the Cape Verdean men. A gun came out the window of the Toyota, spraying the sedan. Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu were killed by the barrage. The Toyota sped off and went missing for months, despite a statewide search by Boston cops. It turned up a year later, undriven and caked in dust, in the garage of Hernandez’s Uncle Tito back in Bristol.

"We had no idea." - The New England Patriots

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, a week after the Patriots’ loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Championship game, he and a friend named Alexander Bradley were pulled over by a state trooper on Boston’s Southeast Expressway, going 105 mph. Bradley, who was behind the wheel, was charged with driving under the influence and speeding, but once again Hernandez (who stuck his head out the window and said, “Trooper, I’m Aaron Hernandez – it’s OK”) walked away with no summons or team-imposed fine. Weeks later, driving from a strip club in Miami, he allegedly shot Bradley in the face, then dumped him, badly hurt and bleeding but alive, in an alley north of the city. (Bradley, keeping it gangsta, declined to tell cops who had shot him and where. No street code says you can’t get paid for it, though; he’s filed suit against Hernandez in civil court.) Then, months after that, Hernandez and his crew got in a beef outside a nightclub in Rhode Island. Someone matching Ernest Wallace’s description pulled a .22, then ditched it beneath a car. Police traced the piece to a Florida gun shop near Wallace’s parents’ house, where a second .22 had been purchased that would later turn up in the woods near Hernandez’s mansion in the wake of the murder.

"We call on all fans of the New England Patriots to trust in the Patriot Way." - The Kraft Family

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The simple truth is....

if they think the guy will help them win, they are going to employ the guy.

No different than any other sports franchise.

Ron Artest went into the stands and assaulted fans during an NBA game and that did not prevent the Kings, Rockets or Lakers from giving him a job because they thought he could help them win.

Remember when Lawrence Phillips was drafted by the Rams? Bill Walsh came out and publicly criticized them for drafting a criminal. A couple years later, Phillips has a good season in NFL Europe and the 49ers are lacking RBs.

And who gives Phillips a job?

Bill Walsh.

The point here is:

anyone who thinks their team would not have done the same thing, I got some Arizona swampland located in Montana to sell you.....real cheap.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Don’t matter what it’s about: Aaron’s out of his mind,” says one friend of the family. “He’s been twisted on dust now for more than a year, which is when all of this crazy shit started.”

"The New England Patriots are a sterling example of saying no to drugs, especially PCP!" - The Kraft Family

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These teams make so much money.. and pay these players so much... I don't believe anyone who says they don't know what is going on with players they have concerns about. I am sure private detectives, etc. are employed... so the Pats knew he was straight up gangster and were probably hoping he would stay out of trouble and mature... the moment this happened they dropped him with no 2nd thought.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The simple truth is....

if they think the guy will help them win, they are going to employ the guy.

No different than any other sports franchise.

Ron Artest went into the stands and assaulted fans during an NBA game and that did not prevent the Kings, Rockets or Lakers from giving him a job because they thought he could help them win.

Remember when Lawrence Phillips was drafted by the Rams? Bill Walsh came out and publicly criticized them for drafting a criminal. A couple years later, Phillips has a good season in NFL Europe and the 49ers are lacking RBs.

And who gives Phillips a job?

Bill Walsh.

The point here is:

anyone who thinks their team would not have done the same thing, I got some Arizona swampland located in Montana to sell you.....real cheap.

And therein lies the problem. The Patriots and Robert Kraft arrogantly hold themselves up as an example, as just a tad bit better than everyone else.

In reality they are far from it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article that provides more insight on this than any other source so far. I'm especially surprised at the stated likelihood that Hernandez walks because him and Wallace can so easily collude to flip on Ortiz as the trigger-man.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These teams make so much money.. and pay these players so much... I don't believe anyone who says they don't know what is going on with players they have concerns about. I am sure private detectives, etc. are employed... so the Pats knew he was straight up gangster and were probably hoping he would stay out of trouble and mature... the moment this happened they dropped him with no 2nd thought.

The Patriots deny everything and most certainly insist they knew nothing.

"We were duped by a most likable young man." - St. Robert Kraft, Lifegiver to the Game of Football

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may keep Tebow just for the positive PR impact...would help them offset some of the negative news following the team around...