• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell Runs the 40-Yard Dash (Video)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should have tripped him. They would have lost their job, but they'd be an internet god.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I can't stop laughing. Reminds me of the Bill Gates video of him jumping over a chair.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is still a clown but kudos for him for trying to run

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I am not so sure how fast anyone could run in the environment he was running in. I know subconsciously I would be thinking, "damn this is a small area, with no height and I hope no one runs into me."

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran it like Belichick was chasing down his sorry ass! Fuck him!!!

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PR stunt. I can't believe that ass clown still has a job.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny as hell. Good for Rodger to have a well deserved lighthearted moment with the staff.

Goodell has made some mistakes but don't be fooled. At least half of all the criticism he gets is ideologically driven.
What commissioner has ever had to deal with this many off the field issues with it's players or the growing issues with player safety or be at complete odds with the union. People love to bring up how great Tagliabue was. Did they forget Gene Upshaw was the director of the players union?

What was it that Bryant Gumbel said to the incoming commissioner Goodell?

"have Paul Tagliabue show you where he keeps Gene Upshaw's leash. By making the docile head of the players union his personal pet, your predecessor has kept the peace without giving players the kind of guarantees other pros take for granted. Try to make sure no one competent ever replaces Upshaw on your watch."

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny as hell. Good for Rodger to have a well deserved lighthearted moment with the staff.

Goodell has made some mistakes but don't be fooled. At least half of all the criticism he gets is ideologically driven.
What commissioner has ever had to deal with this many off the field issues with it's players or the growing issues with player safety or be at complete odds with the union. People love to bring up how great Tagliabue was. Did they forget Gene Upshaw was the director of the players union?

"have Paul Tagliabue show you where he keeps Gene Upshaw's leash. By making the docile head of the players union his personal pet, your predecessor has kept the peace without giving players the kind of guarantees other pros take for granted. Try to make sure no one competent ever replaces Upshaw on your watch."

There are actually probably less off the field problems now than there was 10-15 years ago. They just get made into bigger stories in this internet age. Imagine the Rae Carruth story today. Hell the idiot probably would have had a GoPro running the whole time he was in the trunk and it would have leaked for all of us to see. And imagine the Ray Lewis murder situation being caught on a cell phone video. It is just different times. NFL players are at the very least no better or no worse than they have ever been. And IMO they are probably a little better.

And yes, Goodell being hated shouldn't be a surprise. He is the NFL's version of the principle at a school. People in that position are almost always hated.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would question the time keeper. Was it an approved stop watch? Did Goofdell switch it out for a malfunctioning one? :noidea:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A. Agree completely about Goodell.

B. Tagliabue was a douchebag.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't believe he makes more than 30MM a year.

Hell, I would be the biggest ass clown for that kind of coin.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you joking??? His employers absolutely love him. Why do you think they pay him so much???

BTW...there isn't a person on this board who could do his job even remotely as well as he does. The Goodell hate cracks me up. It's pure ignorance. People are actually calling not only Goodell incompetent, but also his 32 employers.