• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New ESPN story on Snyder and his ownership of the Commanders

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I find myself hoping this moves the needle to get Snyder out.

IF the article/testimonies/sources are true, is this enough to get Goodell and the owners to call the vote? Is the game plan to really starve Snyder out? An owner simply can't flaunt the fact that he can do whatever he wants because he will ruin anyone who attempts to interfere. Or...maybe they can now?

If the contents of the article are true, I literally cannot understand why one Commanders fan would attend a game. Not to drag up the past, but as I communicated with one poster, at some point you can no longer ignore the front office/owner. In other words, you can put blinders on and simply say "I only care about what happens on the field". Perhaps, now is that time for fans?

Things that interest me:

1. How will the Jerry Jones party react to this?
2. Will Goodell and other owners view this as a weak attempt at extortion?
3. Is this really all going to boil down to if Snyder can secure a new stadium?
4. Was Snyder really behind the Wentz trade?
5. When is it enough for the owners????

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commanders response to Dan Snyder’s report “It’s hard to imagine a piece that is more categorically untrue, and is clearly part of a well-funded, two-year misinformation campaign to coerce the sale of the team, which will continue to be unsuccessful.” - Team Spokesperson
@wusa9

9:36 AM · Oct 13, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

So it's a massive conspiracy to get Snyder out...LOL

Ok

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF the article/testimonies/sources are true, is this enough to get Goodell and the owners to call the vote? Is the game plan to really starve Snyder out? An owner simply can't flaunt the fact that he can do whatever he wants because he will ruin anyone who attempts to interfere. Or...maybe they can now?

If the contents of the article are true, I literally cannot understand why one Commanders fan would attend a game. Not to drag up the past, but as I communicated with one poster, at some point you can no longer ignore the front office/owner. In other words, you can put blinders on and simply say "I only care about what happens on the field". Perhaps, now is that time for fans?

Things that interest me:

Doesn't the Wentz trade have Snyder's fingerprints all over it? Over pay for something he could have had much cheaper? Even the comment about securing the elusive QB .... Griffin, Haskins, Wentz .... even Smith to an extent.

If this info is true I believe Dan will fight it all the way .... Al Davis part 2.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the Wentz trade have Snyder's fingerprints all over it? Over pay for something he could have had much cheaper? Even the comment about securing the elusive QB .... Griffin, Haskins, Wentz .... even Smith to an extent.

If this info is true I believe Dan will fight it all the way .... Al Davis part 2.
It does have a Snyder feel to it.

At some point, the owners have to put their foot down. I wonder what Goodell and the owners think of this?

How can some of this not be viewed as extortion? If Snyder literally hired PIs to go conduct investigations into owners, how in the world can a vote not be called?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is clear. As long as Dan Snyder is the owner he will ALWAYS pick the quarterback.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things that interest me:

I don't think many fans are actually attending games. Attendance numbers, according to the article, were in steep decline until maybe this year. I also don't think it really matters what attendance is. What matters is if overall Snyder is causing the owners to lose money. The artcile also says that some owners could look past his general sleaziness if he is able to secure a stadium deal somewhere.

Fortunately, there is bipartisan agreement on not allowing this to happen across the DMV.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At some point, the owners have to put their foot down. I wonder what Goodell and the owners think of this?

How can some of this not be viewed as extortion? If Snyder literally hired PIs to go conduct investigations into owners, how in the world can a vote not be called?

After reading the article, it sadly (for fans) feels like Snyder can save himself by securing a stadium deal. That's it. Attendance doesnt matter, fan impressions dont matter, harrassment doesnt matter, being a pimp doesnt matter, suing fans for season ticket money doesn't matter, not fixing Fed Ex doesnt matter, ignoring Goodell's "hands off" missive doesn't matter.

Even threatening the release of "dirt" on other owners doesn't seem to matter that much.

Like I said: a predictable and sad day for fans.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commanders response to Dan Snyder’s report “It’s hard to imagine a piece that is more categorically untrue, and is clearly part of a well-funded, two-year misinformation campaign to coerce the sale of the team, which will continue to be unsuccessful.” - Team Spokesperson
@wusa9

9:36 AM · Oct 13, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

So it's a massive conspiracy to get Snyder out...LOL

Ok
LOL...Look at what the FBI was able to do to the President. When you are well funded and well connected you can say "Snyder is getting peed on by russian hookers and secret friends with Putin" and then you can pretend that it's true and write official documents pretending it's true and tell your media dogs to write articles pretending it's true and then pretend it's true again and again and completely get away with it for years and years.

The team's response was appropriate.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article also says that some owners could look past his general sleaziness if he is able to secure a stadium deal somewhere.
Somewhere like San Antonio?

I saved the only relevant part of your post

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We also understand that certain people believe their own interests will be advanced by convincing news outlets like ESPN to print false information about the Snyders and Joneses"

So true

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone cares this is what our congress is up to

"Lafemina testified in his congressional deposition that he felt as if Snyder was jealous of him, too. "

Listening to grown men talk about their feelings of other grown men.

And no one is embarrassed about it, look at disney media corporation Espn belting it out like it's normal. BAH

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many fans are actually attending games. Attendance numbers, according to the article, were in steep decline until maybe this year. I also don't think it really matters what attendance is. What matters is if overall Snyder is causing the owners to lose money. The artcile also says that some owners could look past his general sleaziness if he is able to secure a stadium deal somewhere.

Fortunately, there is bipartisan agreement on not allowing this to happen across the DMV.
I had a friend text me and ask me that. He said "so if Snyder builds a new stadium, all is forgiven?"

I guess the answer is "yes" according to the article.

Nobody has ever answered WHY the owners tolerate him and now, WHY will a stadium change anything? IF he hired PIs to trail each owner and IF he is threatening to bring down owners who vote against him, WHY has no motion been made to vote him out? Snyder has a rap sheet a mile long; however, the owners appear to be ok with it. How does a new stadium absolve Snyder of his wrongdoings?

I agree that the fans have done their part and the article refers to that. I debated a poster/fan on here about the fans. They told me that "winning" will get the fans back. That is simply not true and never was true. The team isn't going to win with the current regime in place, and if they did, people have had enough of Snyder.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading the article, it sadly (for fans) feels like Snyder can save himself by securing a stadium deal. That's it. Attendance doesnt matter, fan impressions dont matter, harrassment doesnt matter, being a pimp doesnt matter, suing fans for season ticket money doesn't matter, not fixing Fed Ex doesnt matter, ignoring Goodell's "hands off" missive doesn't matter.

Even threatening the release of "dirt" on other owners doesn't seem to matter that much.

Like I said: a predictable and sad day for fans.
Good point. I almost envision this whole situation like "The Shawshank Redemption" where Snyder is the Warden. He has complete and total control and will ruin anyone who attempts to stop him.

This is the most damaging article I have seen but I am not sure it moves the needle. At some point, the fans will simply move on to another team. It isn't worth being held captive by a dictator who can do whatever they want and give them time and money.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I almost envision this whole situation like "The Shawshank Redemption" where Snyder is the Warden. He has complete and total control and will ruin anyone who attempts to stop him.

This is the most damaging article I have seen but I am not sure it moves the needle. At some point, the fans will simply move on to another team. It isn't worth being held captive by a dictator who can do whatever they want and give them time and money.
Bullsear catnip ... billionaires behaving badly. None of these guys are angels. They are powerfully rich and believe they can get away with whatever they want .... especially when the owners aren't much better. When they get caught they buy someones silence, when they are in danger they threaten to tell on the other kids (billionaires.) It is like 5th graders with a shit pot full of money.

You don't think on those hot sexy women with billionaires like the because they are interesting do you, it is because they are insanely rich. Do you really think Tanya stands by her man if he lived Springfield, VA and made what we all make? She'd haul us off to divorce court.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think this moves the needle for sure. We are learning that Goodell wants him out and that hes lost the support of Jerry Jones, 2 keys to his retention. If it all rests on a new stadium deal we're in good shape. All 3 jurisdictions have told Snyder to hit the bricks, he's not getting a new stadium.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember ... I told you there has been one constant for the past 23 years.