• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rockyman (I think it's gonna be a long time)

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes it kind of a self-fullfilling prophesy then.

Yep.

That being said though, I wanted the Reds to go after him.

Thought he would be a great 2 month rental.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for Brock.

A guy running around,........, with his pants off.

I wonder how many criminals are caught just due to their aversion to wearing pants that fit, and belts?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God no. A thousand times, no.

So here's an unusual little story: KISS, the multimedia corporate product-spewing behemoth that used to be a rock band, has gone and bought its very own professional football team. In Los Angeles, no less. Sure, it's in the Arena League, but Angelenos can't be choosers these days.
All right, let's get all the jokes out of the way at once. Deep breath:
The team, set to start play next March in Detroit Rock City Los Angeles, will run a nontraditional offense: not the pistol, not the shotgun, the Love Gun. Players will be encouraged to rock and roll all night and party ev-uh-ree day. Following every touchdown, the team will go for a deuce. They'll keep the visitors' locker room hotter than hell. Team physician? Why, Dr. Love, of course.
The team will be dubbed — no, this is not part of the joke — the L.A. KISS. And their helmet designs are going to be amazing (and, no doubt, for sale everywhere at a reasonable price). As incentive, the band will play a private concert for season-ticket holders.
"As a fast-paced, high-action band, this partnership with the AFL was an obvious fit for us," Gene Simmons said in a statement. "With Arena Football, you are much closer to the action - sitting in the front row is like putting a folding chair on the hash mark of an NFL game – and it’s one of the only sports where you can experience this level of intensity. Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."
"The whole idea of an alternative to what has perhaps become a corporate sport is very intriguing, and resonates with us," Paul Stanley added. "We've always tried to be a band that relates to everybody, and the AFL is built on that whole premise."
Want in? There's already a website: LA Kiss Football.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been a thing between you and dirt, but, it was also a big thing with a lot of the daily thread bunch. It did die down a bit, once the N.L won a few all-star games, as it was not just a pitching thing, but, they just kept saying how much better the A.L was, to the point that it got old and tired to me.

AL vs. NL record since interleague was adopted suggests that NL'ers should just shut the fuck up on the topic....

Also the fact that AL pitching and hitting numbers improve vs. NL competition, suggests the same.

The allstar game? LOL...it couldn't be less relevant in this context.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God no. A thousand times, no.

So here's an unusual little story: KISS, the multimedia corporate product-spewing behemoth that used to be a rock band, has gone and bought its very own professional football team. In Los Angeles, no less. Sure, it's in the Arena League, but Angelenos can't be choosers these days.
All right, let's get all the jokes out of the way at once. Deep breath:
The team, set to start play next March in Detroit Rock City Los Angeles, will run a nontraditional offense: not the pistol, not the shotgun, the Love Gun. Players will be encouraged to rock and roll all night and party ev-uh-ree day. Following every touchdown, the team will go for a deuce. They'll keep the visitors' locker room hotter than hell. Team physician? Why, Dr. Love, of course.
The team will be dubbed — no, this is not part of the joke — the L.A. KISS. And their helmet designs are going to be amazing (and, no doubt, for sale everywhere at a reasonable price). As incentive, the band will play a private concert for season-ticket holders.
"As a fast-paced, high-action band, this partnership with the AFL was an obvious fit for us," Gene Simmons said in a statement. "With Arena Football, you are much closer to the action - sitting in the front row is like putting a folding chair on the hash mark of an NFL game – and it’s one of the only sports where you can experience this level of intensity. Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."
"The whole idea of an alternative to what has perhaps become a corporate sport is very intriguing, and resonates with us," Paul Stanley added. "We've always tried to be a band that relates to everybody, and the AFL is built on that whole premise."
Want in? There's already a website: LA Kiss Football.

Good lord:burt:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL vs. NL record since interleague was adopted suggests that NL'ers should just shut the fuck up on the topic....

Also the fact that AL pitching and hitting numbers improve vs. NL competition, suggests the same.

The allstar game? LOL...it couldn't be less relevant in this context.

But what if the point is: The N.L folks are not saying anything, and we just want the A.L camp to shut up about it?

Could this be a case, like it seems to be so often with me, that "it's different, and you just have to accept and understand"?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."

:laugh3:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word.

Oh, and World Series games don't count as "interleague."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."

:laugh3:

posted that yesterday at zigs

the best part...calling kiss a "metal band".

Jerzyjeff

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't King of NYC were you?

Can't take credit for that one. Must admit, that one cracked me up. Couldn't wait to see what that guy was going to say next during his daily hit and run outbursts.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job Cereal

That game last night really tanned my hide. (whatever that means). Man on first and third and no out - put the ball in fuggin' play.