• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Robert Kraft and the HOF

Will Robert Kraft be enshrined in Canton?

• Yes, he absolutely deserves it and he will get in.

• No, he doesn't deserve it.

• He eats potato salad off of 25 year old models teets

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't anything innovating about it. It's a business measure.
Innovating is he did what no one else would and made everyone rich because of it. :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is what the HoF is about.

Didn't know the word "Player" was a part of what HOF means. Seems a bit narrowminded to only think players and/or coaches are deserving.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They conducted business, something that many before them have done, and many will afterwards.

It's the equiv. of putting people funding movies into a HoF for actors.

So pretty much Kraft all he did was piggy back off what others did. Hmmm so pretty much has done nothing then.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see taking the game internationally when at that time American Football was not well known by the rest of the world. Changing up the channels they were on when such as CBS had been airing the games since 1956. Ended up being a terrible decision on their part and they came back the next time with a blank check to try and get back in with the NFL. Added channels that had never even thought about airing football games. Yup no innovation at all.

There isn't anything innovating about that. It's called business expantion. Something that has gone on for thousands of years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They conducted business, something that many before them have done, and many will afterwards.

It's the equiv. of putting people funding movies into a HoF for actors.

So you are actually saying Kraft doesn't belong in the HOF. lel

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't anything innovating about that. It's called business expantion. Something that has gone on for thousands of years.

So your saying that nothing innovative has been done over the last 1000 years. Got yah.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pretty much Kraft all he did was piggy back off what others did. Hmmm so pretty much has done nothing then.

No he's simply done the same things they have done at a different time.

They are business men doing business men things. They all happen to be really good at it.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were already worth billions, ~3. And since Kraft ~60+

Beg to differ.

Jerry paid $140M for the Cowboys in 1989. And - at that time they were losing a million a month. Even in 1995 They were no where near worth a Billion. It was only after the Nike, Pepsi and American Express deals (and after the court cases were settled) as well as the 1994 TV contracts that that the value skyrocketed.

Saying anything else diminishes what guys like Jerry and Bowlen did to change the financial structure of the game. Not trying to diminish what Kraft has done to grow the Patriot brand. But he doesn't do that without Jerry demanding the television rights be shopped around in 1994... or obtaining marketing rights for his brand in 1995.

Hell - even Mike Brown makes money now. And that lazy bastard doesn't do a damn thing but sit on his ass and collect checks.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beg to differ.

Jerry paid $140M for the Cowboys in 1989. And - at that time they were losing a million a month. Even in 1995 They were no where near worth a Billion. It was only after the Nike, Pepsi and American Express deals (and after the court cases were settled) as well as the 1994 TV contracts that that the value skyrocketed.

Saying anything else diminishes what guys like Jerry and Bowlen did to change the financial structure of the game. Not trying to diminish what Kraft has done to grow the Patriot brand. But he doesn't do that without Jerry demanding the television rights be shopped around in 1994... or obtaining marketing rights for his brand in 1995.

Hell - even Mike Brown makes money now. And that lazy bastard doesn't do a damn thing but sit on his ass and collect checks.

That's my point, Kraft did the exact same thing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point, Kraft did the exact same thing.

Kraft did it when the league was already making big time money. Negotiations are a little easier when you are the top brand in the business. Little tougher when others see you losing money and wondering how much longer you can sustain the way things are going.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft did it when the league was already making big time money. Negotiations are a little easier when you are the top brand in the business. Little tougher when others see you losing money and wondering how much longer you can sustain the way things are going.

Jerruh and Robert bougt their respective teams about 5 years apart.

Puh lease, Kraft could have negotiated that same deal they did.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerruh and Robert bougt their respective teams about 5 years apart.

Puh lease, Kraft could have negotiated that same deal they did.

Man for somebody getting after me for not understanding business you sure make me shake my head with things you say.

"if" or "could have" are big words to throw around. He didn't though...Jerry and Pat did. Changed the course of the league from losing money to big time organization making billions. They actually did it not "they could have"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man for somebody getting after me for not understanding business you sure make me shake my head with things you say.

"if" or "could have" are big words to throw around. He didn't though...Jerry and Pat did. Changed the course of the league from losing money to big time organization making billions. They actually did it not "they could have"

Actually Modell had more to do with TV deals for the NFL, notice you are avoiding that gigantic elephant in the room.

Kraft could have negotiated that deal. They each could have. Modell had already done so previously to Jerruh and Bowlen, and brought the league to where it was when he took the lead in 90 for that deal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Modell had more to do with TV deals for the NFL, notice you are avoiding that gigantic elephant in the room.

Kraft could have negotiated that deal. They each could have. Modell had already done so previously to Jerruh and Bowlen, and brought the league to where it was when he took the lead in 90 for that deal.

Seriously I"m out of this convo. I honestly am kicking myself for getting dragged into another stupid conversation with you. Should have known better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy the jackass Haslam to the HOF someday?:laugh3:

untitledfsdfsd.png

imagesfsfs.jpg :L

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I"m out of this convo. I honestly am kicking myself for getting dragged into another stupid conversation with you. Should have known better.

Forgot about the significance of Art, didn't you?:thumb::nod:

Prior to buying the Browns in 1961, Modell had worked in television. NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle tapped Modell to oversee the league's broadcast committee, which basically made him the point person in negotiations with the TV networks.

In wasn't long after that the price tag for football started to go up. CBS made the first big NFL deal, buying the rights for just over $14 million a season. As the sport grew in popularity, so did the license fees, and it wasn't long before the league started selling to multiple networks, which drove the cost higher. The last deal Modell oversaw was the 1990 package for a then-record $3.6 billion.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners (only) really shouldn't be there IMO... What are we going to do, enshrine all the current/former residents of Green Bay next? (That would Include myself, since I lived there for a year in 1966)

George Halas (coach/owner) and Al Davis (coach/owner/commissioner) I can understand.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners (only) really shouldn't be there IMO... What are we going to do, enshrine all the current/former residents of Green Bay next? (That would Include myself, since I lived there for a year in 1966)

George Halas (coach/owner) and Al Davis (coach/owner/commissioner) I can understand.

I agree.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have. he didn't get in because Dallas' value went up, he went in because he helped every owner make a lot more money. He grew the NFL brand and had the business sense not to just go along with the way the NFL had been run forever.

So now the NFL Hall of Fame is to award owners who made themselves and the other 31 owners a lot more money? Sorry, not in my book. Now Pete Rozell, that was a different story. He truly changed the face of the league. But to me the NFL is for greatness on the field more than on the balance sheet.