• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Robert Kraft and the HOF

Will Robert Kraft be enshrined in Canton?

• Yes, he absolutely deserves it and he will get in.

• No, he doesn't deserve it.

• He eats potato salad off of 25 year old models teets

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least this thread reminds me why I hate the low-knowledge homer Pats fans. Got quite a few good ones, but not all.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me the evidence then because I can't find his name anywhere when it comes to those tv deals. Bowlen and Jones though their names are all over it.

I didn't saying anything about that particular deal, was talking about he has done the same thing, and on a much larger scale over many more mediums.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least this thread reminds me why I hate the low-knowledge homer Pats fans. Got quite a few good ones, but not all.

I never said Jerruh wasn't influencial to the NFL, the two of you just keep trying to downplay the importance of the roll Kraft has played the last two decades.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was pointing out they copy each other.

Kraft is the one that came up with a stadium being a year round place to visit, kind of like an amusement park. Jerruh has taken it to TX size scale.

Also teams were letting others use their stadiums long before Kraft came into the picture. The Broncos allowed like 3 other sports leagues to use the stadium and keep up revenue during the down time of the NFL.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also teams were letting others use their stadiums long before Kraft came into the picture. The Broncos allowed like 3 other sports leagues to use the stadium and keep up revenue during the down time of the NFL.

So? That doesn't have anything to do with his concept.

Sorta proves my point that you dont' actually know hardly anything about Kraft and his impact on the league and sports.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Jerruh wasn't influencial to the NFL, the two of you just keep trying to downplay the importance of the roll Kraft has played the last two decades.

We have both called him a HOF owner that will eventually get in. Just because we won't go to say he is the best owner in NFL history and the league would be in a terrible place without him you seem to jump down our throats about it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have both called him a HOF owner that will eventually get in. Just because we won't go to say he is the best owner in NFL history and the league would be in a terrible place without him you seem to jump down our throats about it.

Wrong again. I don't think any of them should be in the HoF.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me I don't see Kraft having innovated anything. He continued the work of others.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? That doesn't have anything to do with his concept.

Sorta proves my point that you dont' actually know hardly anything about Kraft and his impact on the league and sports.

I know plenty...do you realize how many Boston writers have wrote about how Kraft deserves to be in the HOF and all his credentials. It is ridiculous. Doesn't take a genius to look things up these days and do a little research. Kraft has done a lot. I have agreed with you on that. Jerry and Pat have done a lot for this league as well and are very deserving of the HOF.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't said he will get in. I think he has a case to be in the HOF.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know plenty...do you realize how many Boston writers have wrote about how Kraft deserves to be in the HOF and all his credentials. It is ridiculous. Doesn't take a genius to look things up these days and do a little research. Kraft has done a lot. I have agreed with you on that. Jerry and Pat have done a lot for this league as well and are very deserving of the HOF.

None of them deserve to be in it. They are business men, and they did business men things.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I don't see Kraft having innovated anything. He continued the work of others.

This right here is what I have been getting at. Kraft's TV deal was pretty much just to extend what Jerry and Pat already set up. They had already gotten all the new stations and added the new shows like SNF and negotiated to have games overseas. So pretty much Kraft's job was to see how much money he could get out of those companies since the NFL by then was showing it was quickly becoming the #1 sport in America.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Jerruh or Bowlen.

He broke from teh NFL Trust and was sued by the NFL. If that's not innovating I don't know what is.

I think you just don't know jack shit about Jerry.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them deserve to be in it. They are business men, and they did business men things.

I could then say the same about players...They are players and they did what players do.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He broke from teh NFL Trust and was sued by the NFL. If that's not innovating I don't know what is.

There isn't anything innovating about it. It's a business measure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Bowlen. To say they have done nothing or have not broken off from the Norm that other owners were ok with just shows the lack of understanding.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bowlen. To say they have done nothing or have not broken off from the Norm that other owners were ok with just shows the lack of understanding.

They conducted business, something that many before them have done, and many will afterwards.

It's the equiv. of putting people funding movies into a HoF for actors.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't anything innovating about it. It's a business measure.

Let's see taking the game internationally when at that time American Football was not well known by the rest of the world. Changing up the channels they were on when such as CBS had been airing the games since 1956. Ended up being a terrible decision on their part and they came back the next time with a blank check to try and get back in with the NFL. Added channels that had never even thought about airing football games. Yup no innovation at all.