• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Robert Kraft and the HOF

Will Robert Kraft be enshrined in Canton?

• Yes, he absolutely deserves it and he will get in.

• No, he doesn't deserve it.

• He eats potato salad off of 25 year old models teets

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are Robert Kraft's chances for induction into the Hall of Fame?
Aug 5, 2017
  • i

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer

Steve, I wasn't 100 percent certain if this was in reference to the Patriots Hall of Fame or Pro Football Hall of Fame, but it's a timely question nonetheless given that it's Pro Football Hall of Fame weekend.

If it's the Patriots Hall of Fame, the way I look at it is that Kraft is already in because the Hall is his creation. It's a slam dunk.

As for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, I solicited the viewpoint of a handful of voters and this is the sense I got: Kraft should get in, but it just might take a little time. He falls into the "contributor" category that was created three years ago to help with the logjam of worthy candidates. This is the category that Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. Former general managers Ron Wolf and Bill Polian, and owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. were previously inducted in this category.

To me, Kraft's candidacy is on par, if not exceeds, those in that group.

Keeping the Patriots in New England when they were a threat to leave for St. Louis, playing a major role in helping end the lockout in 2011, and the Patriots' five Super Bowl championships and impressive won-loss record in his tenure are among the strengths of his candidacy. Two ambassador trips to Israel he led with Pro Football Hall of Famers are also part of his contributions, among other things, such as playing a pivotal role in the tremendous financial growth of the league's television contracts.

As for competition, former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue, Denver Broncosowner Pat Bowlen, longtime Cowboys personnel czar Gil Brandt and late New York Giants general manager George Young were a few names that were mentioned in discussions with Pro Football Hall of Fame voters as those part of a logjam of worthy contributor candidates. That's why some stressed patience regarding how quickly Kraft might finally break through.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagesfsfsf.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belickick during his HOF speech...

:billb:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osweillers starting for you thursday. im so sorry...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stop reminding me I'm a Browns fan dammit! Thank you.
i dont know what that says about kizer.

id rather see you guys start him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what that says about kizer.

id rather see you guys start him.

Brock has proven if he's got talent around him he's maybe an okay QB. The problem is he's now in Cleveland. And no matter which QB starts the season as the # 1 QB is doomed anyway.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get in.

It might take a couple of extra seasons because he hasn't played nice with Whassisname, current commish dood...but he has essentially done everything that Jerry Jones has done, and MORE, and with a franchise that was a fraction of the value of Jones's Cowboys when he bought it

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Art Modell & Jerry Jones got in, I don't think Robert wants any part of it now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Art Modell & Jerry Jones got in, I don't think Robert wants any part of it now.

Good thing, because Kraft doesn't belong. His coach and quite a few players are first ballot, but not the owner. Jerry didn't get in because of the SB's, he got in because he forced the NFL to change and in doing so made the league and a lot of owners a lot of money. Kraft hasn't done the same.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing, because Kraft doesn't belong. His coach and quite a few players are first ballot, but not the owner. Jerry didn't get in because of the SB's, he got in because he forced the NFL to change and in doing so made the league and a lot of owners a lot of money. Kraft hasn't done the same.
kraft saved football...ask jeff saturday i guess.
i dunno...diehard fan, bought the team, played hardball with the league to keep the team here, signed parcells who drafted drew, and changed everything here. he is the guy truly responsible for all of this.

#lisaolsonknowsdick

lisa-olson.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno...diehard fan, bought the team, played hardball with the league to keep the team here, signed parcells who drafted drew, and changed everything here. he is the guy truly responsible for all of this.

#lisaolsonknowsdick

saved football in Boston perhaps. Jerry helped all teams, not just his own.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#lisaolsonknowsdick

lisa-olson.jpg

That is his work with the Patriots. As another poster put the title he would get into the HOF under has very little to do with what an owner does for his own team. It is about what you have done for the league in general. Jerry Jones and Pat Bowlen to me are the 2 Owners most responsible for the NFL being where it is today in terms of money and popularity. The two of them made the league rethink how they view tv revenue and marketing. Other owners were ok accepting less money in tv deals. Bowlen and Jones fought against that thought and renegotiated the deals with networks making them pay up big time.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is his work with the Patriots. As another poster put the title he would get into the HOF under has very little to do with what an owner does for his own team. It is about what you have done for the league in general. Jerry Jones and Pat Bowlen to me are the 2 Owners most responsible for the NFL being where it is today in terms of money and popularity. The two of them made the league rethink how they view tv revenue and marketing. Other owners were ok accepting less money in tv deals. Bowlen and Jones fought against that thought and renegotiated the deals with networks making them pay up big time.
Patriots owner Kraft lauded for role in talks

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has a case, but I don't think he still deserves it. Even your articles spend 75% of the time talking about him saving NE football and then a little about how he ended a lockout and helped with a TV deal. All admirable, but not sure that is contributor HOF worthy.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a case, but I don't think he still deserves it. Even your articles spend 75% of the time talking about him saving NE football and then a little about how he ended a lockout and helped with a TV deal. All admirable, but not sure that is contributor HOF worthy.

Jerry Jones didn't deserve it either IMO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it’ll happen because Kraft’s ringed fingers are so far up Goodell’s asshole that Roger hasn’t had to get his prostate checked since 2001.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this thread as with 9 out of 10 Rock threads be confined to the Pats board?