• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivalries I'd like to see rekindled or started.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to see us get one going with Utah, that would be difficult to do though because Utah already has two non-conference rivalries to deal with

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a thing a few years back where i talked about potential nonconference rivals for the Pac 10 schools. unfortunately I think Utah and Colorado were among them and so wouldnt count now. See if i can find it.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a thing a few years back where i talked about potential nonconference rivals for the Pac 10 schools. unfortunately I think Utah and Colorado were among them and so wouldnt count now. See if i can find it.

How about YOU DUCKS just stick your big toe back into the Boise State pond and check out the temp again and again and again and again...NOT SURE the end result would differ tho each time...:laugh3:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about YOU DUCKS just stick your big toe back into the Boise State pond and check out the temp again and again and again and again...NOT SURE the end result would differ tho each time...:laugh3:

Hows the FCS treating the Beavers these days?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i found that and now most of it just seems silly. the changing landscape of college football just doesnt make most of them all that good.
Oregon State Boise State would probably still be good.
Arizona vs BYU not bad. they have a series coming up.
I had UCLA vs BYU also. they just signed a series.
Arizona State and Cal i picked Colorado and Utah who are now part of the Pac.
I almost went with San Diego State for Arizona State which now wouldnt be horrible.
Maybe Cal could go with like Nevada now. they have a huge all time winning record but recently 2 losses to Nevada.
as for the new comers Utah has BYU and Utah State already. Colorado has Colorado State.
USC and Stanford already had a significant out of conference rival in ND.
Oregon and Fresno were coming off some good games albeit all in favor of Oregon
I had UW and hawaii. at the time they were more even and had a good one in 2007. now it would suck because Hawaii has gone down hill and UW has come up.
WSU i said Idaho again WSU was way down and Idaho up for Idaho. now not so much.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Address the BS rivalry with your team and I'll answer your Q smuck...:lol:

would rather lose to 12-1 Boise State and 14-0 Boise State than lose to Eastern Washington and Sacramento State

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2008 and 2009 were a long time ago like 3 and 2 head coaches ago for Oregon. 3 QB's ago. in fact the oldest players on either team now were just signing LOI. you may as well be bringing up the 1 game Oregon played against Notre Dame in 1976.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one could care less if we ever play Pitt again, they have turned into a basketball school and their fans are nearly non existent. At one time they were a force and fun to play but.....lets just say Dan Marino and Mark May aint walkin through that door.

I am happy to get VT back on the schedule and hope we do it long term, its a great atmosphere (meaning intense) when we play and both fan bases bring it. I grew up thinking of Penn State as a rival( they are on the schedule as well in the future) and cant wait to play them again BUT they beat us way too many more times than we beat them to call it a true rivalry back in the day, lets hope that one is long term as well and this era brings us both a true rivalry :suds:.
I always thought WVU/UK could be a good one, after all WE INVENTED RIVALRY (Hatfields/ McCoys), real shame we don't play imo.

Agree on OU/Nebraska, I always looked forward to that one I enjoyed and attended a few of the Michigan/Notre Dame games too. I get why Texas doesn't want to play A&M again but strictly from a fan standpoint that one would be fun now with A&M drinking the SEC kool aid and thinking they are big brother now :laugh3:.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon/Alabama

a PPV type matchup been brewing for 4 years now. Dana White couldn't hype or build a better matchup than that.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides making the playoffs, there's nothing more I'd like to have at the end of the season than the chance to beat up on Poor Aggie in the Cotton Bowl every year.

*yes, I know the Cotton will be taken up by the Playoff on certain years.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas vs. Aggy - only makes sense. Plus, DeLoss is no longer AD and he was adamant about never renewing the rivalry again. I'm pretty sure Patterson would love to get this going again. Just doesn't feel right playing the Frogs or TechTards on Turkey day.

Texas vs. Arky - for sure bring this one back! Totally miss playing the Pigs!

TTECH vs. Aggy - as much as Aggy denied the Techsters was their rival, they were. It was a good one, too. Techsters always made you anticipate what their dumb fuck students will do next.

Not this Ag - tu was a traditional rival. I hated seeing that one die. But I hated playing the techies and do NOT care to see another TT\A&M game again. Only two B12 teams I miss playing are the sips and the pokes.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for all teams and all conferences. Re-alignment has killed a lot of these and I'd love to see these matchups started or restarted. I'm not necessarily a fan of these teams, but I love tradition and what's more traditional than college football Saturdays? Feel free to add to the list.

In no particular order:

Arkansas-Texas -- I like old conference rivalries
Texas-Texas A&M -- yes
UConn-UMass -- didn't realize they had one
Nebraska-Oklahoma -- yes
Kansas-Missouri -- yes
Illinois-Missouri -- not near as much as KU vs Mizzou
Penn St-Pitt -- I think it would be cool
Penn St-West Virginia -- didn't realize there was one here
Pitt-West Virginia -- I like keeping old college rivals together
Florida-Miami -- agreed
North Carolina-South Carolina -- yes
Michigan-Notre Dame. -- I keep forgetting this rivalry is going to end.
Boston College-Notre Dame -- same with this one
Maryland-Virginia -- yes
Rutgers-Syracuse -- yes

A few I will add

Nebraska-Colorado

Iowa-Penn State -- I know it wasn't an official rivalry but it seemed like they played each other every year and it was more of a rivalry than Purdue. My homer pick.

Is Marshall-West Virginia still a rivalry?

I think Northwestern-Vanderbilt should become one.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for all teams and all conferences. Re-alignment has killed a lot of these and I'd love to see these matchups started or restarted. I'm not necessarily a fan of these teams, but I love tradition and what's more traditional than college football Saturdays? Feel free to add to the list.

In no particular order:

Arkansas-Texas -- I like old conference rivalries
Texas-Texas A&M -- yes
UConn-UMass -- didn't realize they had one
Nebraska-Oklahoma -- yes
Kansas-Missouri -- yes
Illinois-Missouri -- not near as much as KU vs Mizzou
Penn St-Pitt -- I think it would be cool
Penn St-West Virginia -- didn't realize there was one here
Pitt-West Virginia -- I like keeping old college rivals together
Florida-Miami -- agreed
North Carolina-South Carolina -- yes
Michigan-Notre Dame. -- I keep forgetting this rivalry is going to end.
Boston College-Notre Dame -- same with this one
Maryland-Virginia -- yes
Rutgers-Syracuse -- yes

A few I will add

Nebraska-Colorado

Iowa-Penn State -- I know it wasn't an official rivalry but it seemed like they played each other every year and it was more of a rivalry than Purdue. My homer pick.

Is Marshall-West Virginia still a rivalry?

I think Northwestern-Vanderbilt should become one.

No, Marshall and WVU stopped playing a few years ago. That series was similar to WVU/PSU years ago, WVU won every game. I could see a return of that series in the future if the P5 schools start playing CUSA programs for the "cupcake" games. Its good for the state as far as big crowd/interest money spent for the event. Some WVU fans hate Marshall with a passion but I think most just see them as ill brother and wish them well most of the time. I know I do.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Marshall and WVU stopped playing a few years ago. That series was similar to WVU/PSU years ago, WVU won every game. I could see a return of that series in the future if the P5 schools start playing CUSA programs for the "cupcake" games. Its good for the state as far as big crowd/interest money spent for the event. Some WVU fans hate Marshall with a passion but I think most just see them as ill brother and wish them well most of the time. I know I do.
You could word this differently. You make it sound like WVU owned Penn State.