• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivalries I'd like to see rekindled or started.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama-Georgia Tech
USCe-UNC
Boise State-Utah
Vanderbilt-Memphis
Colorado-Nebraska
TCU-BYU
Ohio State-Cincinatti (this needs to be every year)
West Virginia-Virginia Tech
Penn State-Pittsburgh

West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech
Colorado vs. Nebraska
Texas vs. Texas A&M

I'd also love to see the Tennessee vs. Florida game become what it was. Hopefully Tennessee gets their shit together. Was my favorite rivalry game to watch in the late 90's and early 2000's.

ask and ye shall receive

West Virginia Mountaineers, Virginia Tech Hokies to resume rivalry in 2021 - ESPN

granted, its still a few years off

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a record of 18-49-2 against Nebraska, Colorado was never a rival to Nebraska, just a bump in the road on the way to the showdown with their real rival, Oklahoma, who is 17-40-2 against CU. Really the only people who think there was rivalry between CU and NU are those who only started watching football after 1990...

Well I did start watching college football after 1990 because I'm in my mid 20's. It had more to do with the timing of their game being on the Friday after thanksgiving. I could care less about either team, just always enjoyed watching that game.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Neb/OU is coming back, that takes one out. Are there any plans for Neb/Texas? That would be a fun one to grab some popcorn the week of the game and just read the Hoop.
-------
Fordman--Is the NU/OU just one H & H or is it supposed to be long term?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Neb/OU is coming back, that takes one out. Are there any plans for Neb/Texas? That would be a fun one to grab some popcorn the week of the game and just read the Hoop.

NU-OU is not coming back, it is just a home and home in 2021-2022. To me coming back, is it happens every year. Oklahoma chose to stop the series when the Big 12 formed. Oklahoma did not want to play both Texas and Nebraska. Even though Oklahoma had been doing that and Bud Wilkinson, Chuck Fairbanks, Barry Switzer, had some very good teams when they played both Texas and Nebraska each and every year.

Michigan Notre Dame that one should be played. Way too much history and bragging rights.

Didn't one of the schools have to write a fight song because the other one had one?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NU-OU is not coming back, it is just a home and home in 2021-2022. To me coming back, is it happens every year. Oklahoma chose to stop the series when the Big 12 formed. Oklahoma did not want to play both Texas and Nebraska. Even though Oklahoma had been doing that and Bud Wilkinson, Chuck Fairbanks, Barry Switzer, had some very good teams when they played both Texas and Nebraska each and every year.

Michigan Notre Dame that one should be played. Way too much history and bragging rights.

Didn't one of the schools have to write a fight song because the other one had one?

What I heard is OU thought it would be unfair in NU didn't do the same thing, play Texas every year too. But it took Texas to prove to you why OU always had a tougher time winning NC's than NU did. Playing Texas every year was no cakewalk... :D

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer pick is of course us dominating sPitt but this time I would like to have 72 of the 96 games played in State College instead of Pittsburgh.

Others I'd like to see are Neb-Ok and Texas-A&M

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see NU vs OU sometime in November every year.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meesheegan vs Appy State

:bolt:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Fordman--Is the NU/OU just one H & H or is it supposed to be long term?
-
Unfortunately it is never coming back. They will play 2 games, but it will be like watching Led Zep Reunion tour. You will see the same people and hear the same songs, but it just isnt the same. So many years of 2 great teams meeting. Game was for the conference champ for what seemed like decades. Now it will be a early season OOC match-up with little on the line.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see this rivalry come back:

E Gordon Gee vs Little Sisters of the Poor

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I heard is OU thought it would be unfair in NU didn't do the same thing, play Texas every year too. But it took Texas to prove to you why OU always had a tougher time winning NC's than NU did. Playing Texas every year was no cakewalk... :D

The OU AD was Donnie Duncan in 1995.

During the formation of the Big 12 he specifically said, "we had a chief rival, Texas." Donnie Duncan told Bill Byrne(Nebraska AD who then joined A&M) that Nebraska doesn't play Texas every year. Nebraska wanted to play Oklahoma every year, Donnie Duncan didn't want Nebraska, he only wanted Texas every year, he got his wish.

Donnie Duncan NEVER said Nebraska should play them also. If you can prove otherwise, please do. I am sure you have more access to Oklahoma quotes by Donnie Duncan than I do.

Donnie Duncan and Deloss Dodds collaborated a lot during the formation of the Big 12. That is why Donnie Duncan was at Deloss Dodds going away party. Funny thing, Donnie Duncan never came to a Nebraska event. Hmmm, I wonder why....

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? 5 different conference champs since 2009, that's not boring.......

Was better with the CCG and rivalry games.

Now it's just a hobo camp.

fla-TIGER

LSU 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 966.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU v. Notre Dame, a natural with so many Roman Catholics in South Louisiana. They actually played back in the 70's.

LSU v. USC, would be sweet! Time to settle 03 on the field. I can dream, can't I?

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was better with the CCG and rivalry games.

Now it's just a hobo camp.

Damn, hate to agree with a Sooner. League is pretty boring. Not many hate games left. Lots of B programs playing well with A level coaches. Hate to see what it would look like if new coaches come, because these are not programs that can easily replace programs

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greed, jealously and Conference expansion have reduced many rivalry games to a bygone era. I don't see any benefit to Texas playing lil' brother in a regular season game. Postseason, yes. Texas playing always at home on Thanksgiving alters the tradition slightly, but it's acceptable.

I prefer for Texas to develop into a coast to coast brand and not remain a largely midwest brand, ie: west of the Mississippi and east of the Rockies. For far too long Mack Brown concentrated only on Texas and we've all seen how that vision took the team.