• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richest athletes

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol nice comparison...fucking stupid.

Tell me how it differs? A computer programmer, receptionist, or even a surgeon.
Let's hear the 'it's his livelihood' cry one more time

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's absolutely amazing that people act like they know the situation when they have no idea what is going on.

Oh I forgot. You hurt your knee one time. You know all about Derrick Rose's situation. Sorry, I won't forget again.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then please enlighten us, since you're so far in the know. What is going on? Why should we not expect someone to do the job they're getting paid to do when there is nothing physically wrong with them?

No, apparently not. You think you know, but until you hurt your knee, you'll never know. Or something like that. :rollseyes:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me how it differs? A computer programmer, receptionist, or even a surgeon.
Let's hear the 'it's his livelihood' cry one more time

Because 1. there contracts aren't guaranteed, they would have to get back before they found someone else who could do their job. 2. You could get any number of people to come in and do an office job and type shit up. How many people can do what Derrick Rose does? 3. You don't have any idea of what is really going on behind the scenes. You have no idea what is being said from his front office to his coaches. So to sit here, act like you do and call someone out is fucking ridiculous.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose's contract is guaranteed. Number 2 has nothing to do with the situation. Number 3, neither do you, but professional doctors cleared him 3 months ago, and Rose said he would not come back until he could dunk off his left leg. He has been seen doing this in practice months ago.Reporters at practice (full contact) have said Rose was easily the best player. He is just a pussy, plain and simple.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The military (specifically PTSD or the like) reference was in response to the 'you have no idea what he is going through' comment. He has an injury tens of thousands of people a year have. He isn't on some other level, and I'm sorry if I don't truly feel his pain...

I don't buy the 'livelihood' argument, because plenty of guys who have been hurt, or even had their careers end, have gotten involved elsewhere within sports even, to make a living. And be real, for a guy who literally is so dumb that he would have been better off not even answering a single question on his SAT, he's made a pretty good living for himself thus far.

I am shocked that the Bulls are ok with this. If this were someone on my team at work, who was deemed fully able to work, yet didn't because they were scared of life happening, there is no way they would continue to get paid.

Please stop. It's out of his control or he would've played. I don't know how to be more clear. He played through injuries all last year and before.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose's contract is guaranteed. Number 2 has nothing to do with the situation. Number 3, neither do you, but professional doctors cleared him 3 months ago, and Rose said he would not come back until he could dunk off his left leg. He has been seen doing this in practice months ago.Reporters at practice (full contact) have said Rose was easily the best player. He is just a pussy, plain and simple.

Rose will come back when his body works the way he wants it too. When he can cut without tweaking it, when he can play without avoiding contact, and when he believes he knows how his body will react. Otherwise, it's foolish.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 1. there contracts aren't guaranteed, they would have to get back before they found someone else who could do their job. 2. You could get any number of people to come in and do an office job and type shit up. How many people can do what Derrick Rose does? 3. You don't have any idea of what is really going on behind the scenes. You have no idea what is being said from his front office to his coaches. So to sit here, act like you do and call someone out is fucking ridiculous.

But you do.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you'd ever had any sort of injury close to what he has had you'd know it doesn't matter what the doctor has to say.

:thumb:
Even my doctor has told me he doesn't know when i can return to full activities. He said everyone is different and that it's up to me and how my body feels. He gave me a timetable, and told me when i can do certain things, but he also told me the most important thing was to just do what i feel comfortable with.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no. By all means, he should only do what's best for him. And he has. :rollseyes:

What's best for him is also best for the Bulls though...He is their franchise player. Also, even if he wasn't i can't imagine a team telling a player to risk his career by playing playoff basketball before they're 100 percent.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was injured in April, 2012 and has been cleared to play for months. Career-ending? He was paid $33M to ride the pine and distract the rest of the team.

It's absolutely mind-blowing how people excuse this shit.
If he had a career ending injury how fast do you think they would let him go (J-will). Its amazing people dont consider that there is no loyalty to the players so why should they be loyal to the franchise.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this different from anyone in an office job getting a bad case of arthritis, carpal tunnel, or any tendinitis? A computer programmer may make a living working on a keyboard. If he was battling carpal tunnel, was deemed perfectly ok by a doctor, yet decided he didn't want to go to work, but still sat there, collecting a paycheck because he 'wasn't ready mentally' to come back to work, you would still defend the fact that he needs to look out for his livelihood, correct?
Pretty different. He has a valuable contract and those people don't.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I should have read this before posting.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this different from anyone in an office job getting a bad case of arthritis, carpal tunnel, or any tendinitis? A computer programmer may make a living working on a keyboard. If he was battling carpal tunnel, was deemed perfectly ok by a doctor, yet decided he didn't want to go to work, but still sat there, collecting a paycheck because he 'wasn't ready mentally' to come back to work, you would still defend the fact that he needs to look out for his livelihood, correct?

Because you can type when your back from carpal tunnel and tendinitis without risking further injury. You can work at your previous level when you are back from that. You don't have to worry about contact, and cuts that damaging your leg even more. Rose has way more variables involved than just a computer programmer because he is risking more injury and his body isn't reacting the way he is accustomed to. If a computer programmer had to adjust because the keyboard basically needed to be recalibrated because his fingers didn't move the way he wanted them to then it would take longer, and he wouldn't be able to work at the same level. And if only 5 employees could work at once then he shouldn't be one of them, especially if he's risking reinjury. I know those aren't side effects of tendinitis, but it's the only way to compare the two jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do.

Who cares if Tubbs knows what he is going through or not. You're judging Rose and assuming he is fine. Do you know he is? No, you don't. Nobody knows what Rose is going through, because it's unique and different for everyone. I would imagine Tubbs understands what Tubbs went through though, and I think he can relate to Rose more than someone who wants to assume Rose is perfectly fine.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were talking about the tens of thousands of people every year who get the same knee injury as Rose. The computer programmer returning to work after knee surgery is much different than Rose's situation.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if Tubbs knows what he is going through or not. You're judging Rose and assuming he is fine. Do you know he is? No, you don't. Nobody knows what Rose is going through, because it's unique and different for everyone. I would imagine Tubbs understands what Tubbs went through though, and I think he can relate to Rose more than someone who wants to assume Rose is perfectly fine.

Poor Derrick Rose.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Derrick Rose.

So...you wanted Tubbs to answer your question and then when I answer for you you don't want to give it a logical response? Seriously, you don't think Tubbs can judge Rose and you think Tubbs doesn't know what Rose is going through but you think Rose is fine? I don't understand that logic, sorry.