• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richest athletes

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Lebron was #2 and Kobe wasn't far behind, but the best thing is is Rose at #7. 33 million dollars for sitting on the bench being medically cleared for months. Unreal.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson at 43... :L

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ people who keep pilling on Rose are absolute morons. People like you have no idea what coming back from a knee injury is like. "Medically" cleared or not.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those numbers all seem really low like they must just be for this year? Or maybe they do not include expenditures? Then I got to Vincent Jackson at 15 and this must be lifetime accumulation?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ people who keep pilling on Rose are absolute morons. People like you have no idea what coming back from a knee injury is like. "Medically" cleared or not.

Rep

I completely agree. Have you had had a similar injury?

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shumpert and Rose got injured around the same time. One has been back for months. Rose said he would play when he could dunk off his left leg. He has been seen doing this months ago. He has been medically cleared, and keeps sending ambiguous messages to the team. He is a pussy, no way around it. Must be nice to make 33 million sitting on the bench.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shumpert and Rose got injured around the same time. One has been back for months. Rose said he would play when he could dunk off his left leg. He has been seen doing this months ago. He has been medically cleared, and keeps sending ambiguous messages to the team. He is a pussy, no way around it. Must be nice to make 33 million sitting on the bench.

Unless you have had an injury like this, you have no idea how hard it is to come back. If it doesn't feel exactly like it did pre-injury then you worry you are going to re-injure it and you move differently, which makes it a lot more likely for you to actually re-injure it. Unless you have had an injury like this you have no idea what it is like and should really shut the fuck up about it.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title of this thread is misleading. Its not the richest athletes, its the top earning for this year.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you have had an injury like this, you have no idea how hard it is to come back. If it doesn't feel exactly like it did pre-injury then you worry you are going to re-injure it and you move differently, which makes it a lot more likely for you to actually re-injure it. Unless you have had an injury like this you have no idea what it is like and should really shut the fuck up about it.

yeah, not a complete tear but yeah similar.

That's what I figured. I didn't hurt my knee, but I had surgery on my hip and couldn't walk for about 2-3 months. There are a lot of things that were difficult to do after being cleared because it doesn't feel the same and it affects you mentally.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well someone is a little angry. I have friends who tore their ACL and meniscus and they were fully rehabilitated in a year. They didn't have the responsibility Rose has to his team, and they didn't have personal trainers like Rose did either. AP came back in 8 months. Shumpert came back in around 10 months. Rose is a little bitch who has no heart. That is just the truth. This guy is a fucking clown who refuses to play even though he has been medically cleared FOR MONTHS.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well someone is a little angry. I have friends who tore their ACL and meniscus and they were fully rehabilitated in a year. They didn't have the responsibility Rose has to his team, and they didn't have personal trainers like Rose did either. AP came back in 8 months. Shumpert came back in around 10 months. Rose is a little bitch who has no heart. That is just the truth. This guy is a fucking clown who refuses to play even though he has been medically cleared FOR MONTHS.

How come he chose to play through injuries before, but now is "choosing" to be a whiner and not to support his team?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure your friends are professional athletes. Good comparison. And AP is a freak of nature. And good for Shumpert. Everyones body isn't the same. Sounds like you hate Rose and you will always find a reason to criticize. If he isn't 100% comfortable on his knee he would be more of a hindrance than a help. You are an absolute moron if you think Rose wouldn't play if he could.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come he chose to play through injuries before, but now is "choosing" to be a whiner and not to support his team?

Because it supports his moronic little theory.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what Rose is going through because all knee injuries and injuries in general are different. I understand both sides of this argument here, "he's a pussy" and "nothing he can do about it, he's hurt, he can come back when ready." But as someone mentioned here, these guys have all the money in the world, all the trainers and access to health equipment they must be able to get into shape and recover quicker then us regular joe's, right?

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure your friends are professional athletes. Good comparison. And AP is a freak of nature. And good for Shumpert. Everyones body isn't the same. Sounds like you hate Rose and you will always find a reason to criticize. If he isn't 100% comfortable on his knee he would be more of a hindrance than a help. You are an absolute moron if you think Rose wouldn't play if he could.

They aren't professional athletes which makes it a lot worse. And its not just Shumpert and AP. EVERY athlete, with todays medicine, makes it back at least within a year since the ACL injury. And what injury has Rose played with before? And what does that have to do with anything? Rose isn't injured right now.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what Rose is going through because all knee injuries and injuries in general are different. I understand both sides of this argument here, "he's a pussy" and "nothing he can do about it, he's hurt, he can come back when ready." But as someone mentioned here, these guys have all the money in the world, all the trainers and access to health equipment they must be able to get into shape and recover quicker then us regular joe's, right?

Theoretically yeah, but the professional athlete has to get to a much higher level. They have to get back to being a capable professional athlete. Average joes don't have to get back to the level they were before the injury.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guy on some internet message board once had some knee injury therefore we're all "morons" for thinking it's completely NUTS that Derrick Rose just made $33M and is unwilling to help his team in the playoffs. Other basketball players who've suffered this injury and worse and came back much sooner are sickened. Derrick Rose is a pariah and stands for everything wrong with spoiled, rich athletes with a sense of entitlement and zero loyalty.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't professional athletes which makes it a lot worse. And its not just Shumpert and AP. EVERY athlete, with todays medicine, makes it back at least within a year since the ACL injury. And what injury has Rose played with before? And what does that have to do with anything? Rose isn't injured right now.

You act as if all ACL injuries are the same. Just because it's the same injury doesn't mean you're going to recover the same way. Johnny Flynn and Jordan Hill had the same injury but it ended Flynns NBA career, and Hill was back after 3 months. I don't know enough about ACL tears to give you an example of that.

And your point about your friends... Rose is capable of playing at the level your friends were. He could be out there still trying to figure out how his leg responds to certain situations, avoiding the things that could tweak it, and making sure to only do things he is comfortable with. He can't play like that in the playoffs.