• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richest athletes

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had a career ending injury how fast do you think they would let him go (J-will). Its amazing people dont consider that there is no loyalty to the players so why should they be loyal to the franchise.

Rose's contract is guaranteed. He will be getting his money no matter what. This isn't the NFL where you can get cut like that... He is a bitch plain and simple.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if Tubbs knows what he is going through or not. You're judging Rose and assuming he is fine. Do you know he is? No, you don't. Nobody knows what Rose is going through, because it's unique and different for everyone. I would imagine Tubbs understands what Tubbs went through though, and I think he can relate to Rose more than someone who wants to assume Rose is perfectly fine.

Assuming? I'm not assuming anything. The doctors cleared him. Rose went back on his word. Reporters seen him in full contact practice. He is just a spoiled entitled basketball player. He didn't even take his own SATs...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming? I'm not assuming anything. The doctors cleared him. Rose went back on his word. Reporters seen him in full contact practice. He is just a spoiled entitled basketball player. He didn't even take his own SATs...

You're right. A doctor clearing an athlete to play means he is capable of performing at the highest level. :L

Did the reporters see him running into to people, did the reporters say if he was able to dive on lose balls, did the reports say if there were things that he couldn't do that they wouldn't have noticed, such as avoiding contact and not making cuts that he normally would make?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you wanted Tubbs to answer your question and then when I answer for you you don't want to give it a logical response? Seriously, you don't think Tubbs can judge Rose and you think Tubbs doesn't know what Rose is going through but you think Rose is fine? I don't understand that logic, sorry.

Rose, by all accounts is fine.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose, by all accounts is fine.

That's an assumption. You don't know (neither do I) what Rose is dealing with. You might think you know he is fine, but if he is fine why was he on the sidelines, especially considering the fact that he played through injuries all last year?? He has to be comfortable before he can be effective and play playoff level basketball.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an assumption. You don't know (neither do I) what Rose is dealing with. You might think you know he is fine, but if he is fine why was he on the sidelines, especially considering the fact that he played through injuries all last year?? He has to be comfortable before he can be effective and play playoff level basketball.

Not it's not an assumption. The doctors cleared him. he has had MRI's on that surgically repaired ligament. There is only 30+ years of this injury happening. The time frame for ligaments to heal isnt uncharted territory. The dude was jumping up and down during both series on the bench. he has practiced. he shooting runners off both legs in pregame.

DRose is a bitch. no other way to call it. if they had proof his ligament was still not healed, they would have said something.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 1. there contracts aren't guaranteed, they would have to get back before they found someone else who could do their job. 2. You could get any number of people to come in and do an office job and type shit up. How many people can do what Derrick Rose does? 3. You don't have any idea of what is really going on behind the scenes. You have no idea what is being said from his front office to his coaches. So to sit here, act like you do and call someone out is fucking ridiculous.

This logic is awesomely flawed. I will address all of your points

1. That is the point, any other member of society would be expected to work if they were physically able
2. The "it's his livelihood' argument has nothing to do with how many other people could do his or any person's job...at all. But if that is what you are looking for, change my example of someone with tendonitis or carpal tunnel to a neurosurgeon. Better now?
3. The front office has said he is cleared to play. No one is making him sit, but himself. He practices, just sits out games. And again, if you are so in the know, I would like you to tell us what is going on. Please enlighten us all.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this different from anyone in an office job getting a bad case of arthritis, carpal tunnel, or any tendinitis? A computer programmer may make a living working on a keyboard. If he was battling carpal tunnel, was deemed perfectly ok by a doctor, yet decided he didn't want to go to work, but still sat there, collecting a paycheck because he 'wasn't ready mentally' to come back to work, you would still defend the fact that he needs to look out for his livelihood, correct?

As it seems everyone got caught up in the fact that I said 'computer programmer,' not the actual point I was making, lets change that example to a neurosurgeon. Make sense now?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not it's not an assumption. The doctors cleared him. he has had MRI's on that surgically repaired ligament. There is only 30+ years of this injury happening. The time frame for ligaments to heal isnt uncharted territory. The dude was jumping up and down during both series on the bench. he has practiced. he shooting runners off both legs in pregame.

DRose is a bitch. no other way to call it. if they had proof his ligament was still not healed, they would have said something.

Do you have proof he can cut and move as he did before the injury? No. That's all there is too it. Even if the leg is healthy, if it isn't behaving the way he wants it to when he plays basketball he shouldn't be on the court...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This logic is awesomely flawed. I will address all of your points

1. That is the point, any other member of society would be expected to work if they were physically able HE ISN'T
2. The "it's his livelihood' argument has nothing to do with how many other people could do his or any person's job...at all. But if that is what you are looking for, change my example of someone with tendonitis or carpal tunnel to a neurosurgeon. Better now? If you need you're neurosurgeon or computer program to help you cure cancer in five years, you better not bring him back if it might damage his eyesight to the point that he can no longer cure cancer in the future.
3. The front office has said he is cleared to play. No one is making him sit, but himself. He practices, just sits out games. And again, if you are so in the know, I would like you to tell us what is going on. Please enlighten us all. He's not 100% yet, he doesn't feel confortable the way his body reacts when he tries certain things. Again, I don't know if this is it or not, but it is my belief.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have proof he can cut and move as he did before the injury? No. That's all there is too it. Even if the leg is healthy, if it isn't behaving the way he wants it to when he plays basketball he shouldn't be on the court...

Well the reporters who see him in practice see nothing wrong, but what do they know. Also, it was ROSE who said himself he would come back when he could dunk off his left leg, which he has done months ago. He is just being a little bitch like Flauge said. If I was on his team, I would demand a trade or leave in free agency because I can't play with a bitch like Rose when the whole team is hurting and players are on the court 48 minutes a game. When Riley was coach for the Knicks a player decided not to suit up for the game and just sit. Riley asked him if he could play 5-10 minutes if he needed him, the player said yes, and Riley bitched him out. He said if you can play even one minute suit up.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose's contract is guaranteed. He will be getting his money no matter what. This isn't the NFL where you can get cut like that... He is a bitch plain and simple.
Just because his contract is guaranteed doesnt mean he cant be cut, let go etc. It just means he gets paid regardless. Ask Jason Williams

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the reporters who see him in practice see nothing wrong, but what do they know. Also, it was ROSE who said himself he would come back when he could dunk off his left leg, which he has done months ago. (So what? He probably thought it would be a sign he was ready...) He is just being a little bitch like Flauge said. If I was on his team, I would demand a trade or leave in free agency because I can't play with a bitch like Rose when the whole team is hurting and players are on the court 48 minutes a game. When Riley was coach for the Knicks a player decided not to suit up for the game and just sit. Riley asked him if he could play 5-10 minutes if he needed him, the player said yes, and Riley bitched him out. He said if you can play even one minute suit up.

Exactly. They see him practice at full speed. They don't notice when there are things he doesn't do. They don't notice when he has a slower first step then he is used to. They don't notice that he didn't jump to catch that pass because he couldn't risk colliding with the other guy. They don't notice when he chooses not to cut, or does not cut the way he would like.

Again, I'm not saying this is true but I am going to respect him and assume, based his injury history that he would be playing because he's a competitor. If you want to believe he isn't then go for it.

Also, I heard that about Riley, my guess is Rose can't play at that level or he would be suiting up.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's pathetic about all the basketball players on the list is I remember when teams would score 60 points in 1 half. Now 60 points in 3 quarters is difficult. Guys can't shoot the ball like they once did. PATHETIC.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious no one in here has any medical knowledge. It's honestly extremely humorous to read this thread.

Where was anyone saying we had medical knowledge? All we are saying is that these athletes have better access to health care, more ability to heal quicker since they have the money compared to us regular folks, which in turn allows them to heal quicker... That's all.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Rose has no business making more money than Peyton Manning.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Rose has no business making more money than Peyton Manning.

When he's not playing, he doesn't. But when he's playing like any man with pride would/should/does then based on playing 82 games, I'd say a top NBA player should make more than a top NFL player.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he's not playing, he doesn't. But when he's playing like any man with pride would/should/does then based on playing 82 games, I'd say a top NBA player should make more than a top NFL player.

:agree:

an 82 game regular season by ITSELF would lend to that argument...