• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman where you at buddy?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny either way myself. Again, I laughed.

I'm not football guru, but that graphic isn't the first we have seen where people put things on Sherman that aren't on him by scheme. I just like to help people learn a bit about what they actually do.

Seattle spends the majority of snaps on defense in cover 3. Both corners have deep sideline protection that looks man to man when receivers go down the side, but they release to the LB's or even a safety on in breaking routes.

Rivers did an outstanding job of finding ways to attack what is normally a rock solid scheme for the hawks. He had mismatches all day and was nearly flawless at hitting them.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not football guru, but that graphic isn't the first we have seen where people put things on Sherman that aren't on him by scheme. I just like to help people learn a bit about what they actually do.

Seattle spends the majority of snaps on defense in cover 3. Both corners have deep sideline protection that looks man to man when receivers go down the side, but they release to the LB's or even a safety on in breaking routes.

Rivers did an outstanding job of finding ways to attack what is normally a rock solid scheme for the hawks. He had mismatches all day and was nearly flawless at hitting them.

K, I definitely defer to your football Knowledge!

Especially on Defensive Coverages and responsibilities for Seattle. I rarely get to see y'all play tbh. And even if I did, I would have a hard time dissecting all that info from the snippet of a vine I posted.

It just made me laugh when I saw it, I didn't put any deep thought into it at all. Didn't mean to cause a fuss with it. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, I definitely defer to your football Knowledge!

Especially on Defensive Coverages and responsibilities for Seattle. I rarely get to see y'all play tbh. And even if I did, I would have a hard time dissecting all that info from the snippet of a vine I posted.

It just made me laugh when I saw it, I didn't put any deep thought into it at all. Didn't mean to cause a fuss with it. :suds:

They do play full man on the corner sometimes and I've sure seen him bite on moves before. There was a different play tonight where that exact thing happened, it's just the one you showed looks very familiar to anyone who watches that secondary often.

There are a couple of clips the haters like to bring up now and then that are 9'ers v Sherman where Earl blew his coverage on the zone for a big play, but the vids like to pin that one on him as well.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny either way myself. Again, I laughed.

It was still pretty funny seeing him spin around like a top. I notice Sherman didn't ''confront'' Rivers after the game like he did Rogers. Good thing, Rivers would have spun him around again....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, they have had bad games before. The heat was likely a factor, but tip your hat to one hell of a great performance from Rivers and that offense. They just didn't miss much all day and chewed up that game clock.

I think you are spot on.
Credit San Diego with a solid, gutsy performance.
This weeks game should be a blast.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers was phenomenal. And to think I was about to bench him in fantasy this week(more than likely would have if Palmer wasn't out). He's the only reason I still have a shot at a win this week.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry cali, but neither the person who posted that, nor anyone who buys into it, has ever seen a cover 3 defense it seems.

Sherman's responsibility on that play is the right side of the field. They DO look like man coverage if the wide out goes down that side of the field, but he does NOT follow in-breaking routes. This is why you see him step back after he breaks.

It's funny if people don't know football, but sad when they do. :L

Seeing Sherman do a pirouette off the snap is kind of funny. Allen was Sherman's responsibility on that play because he was the only one on the right side of the field. Is Sherman just supposed to cover an empty space if the receiver doesn't break that way? If that's the case, I would line up one receiver on Sherman's side and run the slant every time.

I'm not calling you out Wizard. I know you know football. Maybe Allen wasn't technically Shermans responsibility, but his instinct was definitely in question on that play.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are spot on.
Credit San Diego with a solid, gutsy performance.
This weeks game should be a blast.

I would not want to play the Seahawks coming off a loss. Good luck Denver.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not want to play the Seahawks coming off a loss. Good luck Denver.

I wonder why, but something tells me that Denver will be very motivated as well. Things will definitely get really interesting if both the Seahawks and Niners lose again next week.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Sherman do a pirouette off the snap is kind of funny. Allen was Sherman's responsibility on that play because he was the only one on the right side of the field. Is Sherman just supposed to cover an empty space if the receiver doesn't break that way? If that's the case, I would line up one receiver on Sherman's side and run the slant every time.

I'm not calling you out Wizard. I know you know football. Maybe Allen wasn't technically Shermans responsibility, but his instinct was definitely in question on that play.

On most cover 3's no, the CB isn't covering the in-route. Can I say for sure this was their typical cover 3? No, of course not. Would need a better vantage than this snip. Also they run several different flavors of it. Can't make out who came up and made that tackle. Tells you a lot. If that was one of the LB's it was probably C3.

They were all sort of lost the whole game though. Anything is possible.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why, but something tells me that Denver will be very motivated as well. Things will definitely get really interesting if both the Seahawks and Niners lose again next week.

Manning has been stewing on the SB for a long time. How many times has the guy watched the tape? I bet he plays really well next weekend

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt anyone expects another Seahawks blow out against Denver. We should all expect it to be a very high intensity game for both teams.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team lost, he didn't play his best, He mad and he is pouting, it's understandable.

With all Mr. Sherman's flamboyant personality brings to the game, humility is still the one thing he lacks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman has been "exposed". That's it for the Seahawks in 2014. Party's over. It was a nice run while it lasted till we were exposed. Looks like it's time to implode the roster and get a new coach.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is a punk. He can dish out the trash but can't take it. He's a poor loser and got smoked today because the QB actually threw at him instead of the moronic GB gameplan

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On most cover 3's no, the CB isn't covering the in-route. Can I say for sure this was their typical cover 3? No, of course not. Would need a better vantage than this snip. Also they run several different flavors of it. Can't make out who came up and made that tackle. Tells you a lot. If that was one of the LB's it was probably C3.

They were all sort of lost the whole game though. Anything is possible.

That wasn't their standard cover 3 defense...hence no Chancellor or Linebacker sitting in that gap waiting to blow that slant up. The Seahawks blitzed on that play, leaving Sherman on an island. Allen was most definitely Sherman's responsibility that play, as that was man defense all day long. The caption on the vine is 100% correct.

You can clearly see their LB's blitz there. Sherman got turned around like a rookie on Jerry Rice. As Scooby pointed out, Sherman's responsibility isn't empty field. You normally don't peel off your man in a zone unless your man is running into another part of the zone that's accounted for or there is another player threatening your zone responsibilities. That part of the field wasn't accounted for because the LB's blitzed, and there was no one in the flat to distract Sherman off Allen. That was all Sherman right there.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:Obviously over rated and such.

I don't think the poster was saying he is overrated. But what he is saying is that Sherman needs to act like a better sport, not go running to Twitter after avoiding the media. Talk about the loss like a man and a professional.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't their standard cover 3 defense...hence no Chancellor or Linebacker sitting in that gap waiting to blow that slant up. The Seahawks blitzed on that play, leaving Sherman on an island. Allen was most definitely Sherman's responsibility that play, as that was man defense all day long. The caption on the vine is 100% correct.

You can clearly see their LB's blitz there. Sherman got turned around like a rookie on Jerry Rice. As Scooby pointed out, Sherman's responsibility isn't empty field. You normally don't peel off your man in a zone unless your man is running into another part of the zone that's accounted for or there is another player threatening your zone responsibilities. That part of the field wasn't accounted for because the LB's blitzed, and there was no one in the flat to distract Sherman off Allen. That was all Sherman right there.

Exactly what I saw. You don't see anyone else dropping back into what would be Cover 3. Even if he was in Zone, his slow movement/instinct on the play is definately questionable. Eitherway, it's hard to say exactly what the play call was.

To say he was "exposed" is way too strong a word. He had an off game. Everyone has 'em, the great ones forget about them (queue that commercial with Barkley, Harden, and Scottie Pippen "The Greatest Chicago Bull of All Time").

The reason everyone is quick to jump his shit is because he's a loud mouth. He's got no problem crowing when things go well, but at the slightest hint of a problem, a off game, a loss, he's nowhere to be found.

Real men stand up there when things are at their worst, not their best. It's easy to stand around and talk when things are easy...it's when times are difficult and you still stand up there that shows your true character as a player, and more importantly, as a person.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered from the moment this guy became a "media personality" if he would emphasize that over busting his ass to be a top notch player.