• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 Ranked 13 in Jaws QB Ratings

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the various Twitter feeds (shown on ESPN site) RG3 will be ranked # 13 in Jaws QB rankings. I don't usually care about these type of things but this one left me scratching my head.

Wasn't he ranked # 15 on the overall NFL Players ranking list? If so - that would mean that most NFL players consider him a lot higher than the 13th best QB. Please name me 12 NFL QBs better than him right now. I consider him to be the best of the rookie crop & better than Kaerpernick so I would eliminate those guys. Otherwise - I would put Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Ryan, Flacco, Big Ben, Rodgers ahead of him - that is it.

Thoughts?

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just so subjective. A lot of people will not put a guy as young as he in the top echelon, particularly with a lack of post-season success. Granted, it's only one year, and he was hurt, but both Wilson and Kap went further in the playoffs, and that's going to affect rankings like this.

Add in the injury and the prevailing thought that he plays in a gimmick offense (I don't think it's a gimmick, but most of the country does) and there's enough doubt to make him drop.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's one of those things where different people do different votes. Jaws vs the players. Sort of like someone can be NBA defensive player of the year and not be on the All-Defense first team.

I wouldn't put him as low as 13 myself, but I think he is taking into consideration injury concerns, which is fine with me. RG3 has some doubters to prove with his injury which is understandable.

I have no doubts physically he will come back repaired, my concern with him is his mental state. If you play scared/tentative, you lose your edge on the field. See Carson Palmer. Dude was a beast but after the knee surgery he was way too scared to get hit. Gilbert Arenas never wanted to take the ball to the hoop after he came back.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's got an opinion. The only reasonable explanation for anyone having RG3 ranked behind Luck, Kaepernick and Wilson at this point is if they raise the question about his knee. Past that it would be idiotic.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's one of those things where different people do different votes. Jaws vs the players. Sort of like someone can be NBA defensive player of the year and not be on the All-Defense first team.

I wouldn't put him as low as 13 myself, but I think he is taking into consideration injury concerns, which is fine with me. RG3 has some doubters to prove with his injury which is understandable.

I have no doubts physically he will come back repaired, my concern with him is his mental state. If you play scared/tentative, you lose your edge on the field. See Carson Palmer. Dude was a beast but after the knee surgery he was way too scared to get hit. Gilbert Arenas never wanted to take the ball to the hoop after he came back.

I see your points but in no way would I put him in the same category as Arenas. As we all saw - Arenas had lots of other issues & was relatively weak mentally. RG3 is IMO much tougher & smarter.

Go back & watch game film from last season. You will see way too many times where RG3 takes players head on - it makes you wince. If he avoids these type of hits he will be fine & I am sure that his current mindset is to avoid these type of plays. I truly believe that RG3 will be fine in all ways this season.

BTW - I truly believe that some of this reflects Jaws anti-Redskins bias. No way you put either Luck or Wilson ahead of RG3 - please.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the various Twitter feeds (shown on ESPN site) RG3 will be ranked # 13 in Jaws QB rankings. I don't usually care about these type of things but this one left me scratching my head.

Wasn't he ranked # 15 on the overall NFL Players ranking list? If so - that would mean that most NFL players consider him a lot higher than the 13th best QB. Please name me 12 NFL QBs better than him right now. I consider him to be the best of the rookie crop & better than Kaerpernick so I would eliminate those guys. Otherwise - I would put Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Ryan, Flacco, Big Ben, Rodgers ahead of him - that is it.

Thoughts?

So you assume that a league that is 65% black won't vote for RGIII? He's giving his honest opinion, not based off race.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you assume that a league that is 65% black won't vote for RGIII? He's giving his honest opinion, not based off race.

So you're saying that RG3 was voted higher by players over Russell Wilson and Kaepernick based on race....

Not sure which world that makes sense on.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why did the players rank Wilson & Kaepernick much lower? Give me a break - I believe that players respect true talent & don't base things on race. If you don't believe that - well - that's your problem.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that RG3 was voted higher by players over Russell Wilson and Kaepernick based on race....

Try the real world. Kaep and Wilson are half white. It's not that hard to see if you're honest.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a consensus of players and peers over a singular talking head's opinion. not that either one really matters anyway.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds eerily like the claims (in reverse) from Skip Bayless that most Redskins fans would pull for Cousins over RG3 since he was white. Please. Fans & players could care less if the QB is black, white or purple. They just want a guy who can play well & win.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try the real world. Kaep and Wilson are half white. It's not that hard to see if you're honest.

lol. So now players try to determine the race mix before deciding who they like? I guess that they were not fond of Hines Ward since he was half black & half Korean. Give me a break.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically you're one of those people who has to boil everything down to race. RG3 has a darker pigment so that's what he was voted higher by his peers. Mixed breeds don't apply...

That

Makes

Total

Sense.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning should be ranked last. That guy is so... white. Player logic according to Roboticdreams....

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you're one of those people who has to boil everything down to race. RG3 has a darker pigment so that's what he was voted higher by his peers. Mixed breeds don't apply...

That

Makes

Total

Sense.

No but I see the world for what it is. Just look at the Trayvon case for assurance.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World is what you make it. If you want to see racism in peers voting for who they think the best players are and compare it to the blatant racism of that court case, then that's your problem.

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds eerily like the claims (in reverse) from Skip Bayless that most Redskins fans would pull for Cousins over RG3 since he was white. Please. Fans & players could care less if the QB is black, white or purple. They just want a guy who can play well & win.
agreed 100%

i don't know why people take one man's opinion as fact. its a fucking RANKINg (I.E opinion).

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World is what you make it. If you want to see racism in peers voting for who they think the best players are and compare it to the blatant racism of that court case, then that's your problem.

You just made my point. Thank you.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning x2, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Luck, Brees, Shuab, Bradford I think are better throwers than RG3. Even Romo at times. But RG3's legs force more 1v1 match ups which make him more effective than many other guys. Ranking players is subjective and the criteria are always different. Manning or Brady would not do well in Washington's offense and RG3 wouldn't do as well in Denver's or NE's offense so its hard to compare which is the "better" QB.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just made my point. Thank you.

No, I didn't. Your point is that players ranking RG3 higher are racist. Nothing in this thread has proven that point. Especially not anything I have said.