• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 Ranked 13 in Jaws QB Ratings

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning x2, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Luck, Brees, Shuab, Bradford I think are better throwers than RG3. Even Romo at times. But RG3's legs force more 1v1 match ups which make him more effective than many other guys. Ranking players is subjective and the criteria are always different. Manning or Brady would not do well in Washington's offense and RG3 wouldn't do as well in Denver's or NE's offense so its hard to compare which is the "better" QB.

No way I put Bradford over RG3 IMO. I thought Stafford would have taken that next step but he hasn't, so I don't think I'd put him there either. Lobbing passes up to Megatron and failing almost everywhere else doesn't amount to much.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't. Your point is that players ranking RG3 higher are racist. Nothing in this thread has proven that point. Especially not anything I have said.

Agree. There are also tons of examples of players who swear by QBs regardless of race. Take someone like Moss - he loved RG3 from the start, but also felt the same way about Brunell during his time with the Redskins. TO hated McNabb yet loved Romo - how do you explain that? I am sure that you could find lots of examples just like this.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jaws is smart, he watches a shit ton of film on these qbs. im very interested on why he ranked rg3 worse than kap and wilson. i always thought rg3 was way more accurate and better at decision making than those two.
someone get a hold of jaws and tell him to explain himself

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I put Bradford over RG3 IMO. I thought Stafford would have taken that next step but he hasn't, so I don't think I'd put him there either. Lobbing passes up to Megatron and failing almost everywhere else doesn't amount to much.

Bradford is hard to judge because he has an awful OL in front of him but he can sling the ball around on a dime. Stafford I can go with you on.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is hard to judge because he has an awful OL in front of him but he can sling the ball around on a dime. Stafford I can go with you on.

I kind of disagree with you on your take on this & definitely don't like your choice of NFL teams. However - I must say that I love that avatar - very funny.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Redskins offensive line was considered horrible until last year. Which is odd isn't it? considering it's basically the exact same personnel. Something to be said for that. What's different?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I haven't yet seen the rankings or Jaws explanation of what he was evaluating on, I can't really comment if it is fair or not. But if he is ranking on which QBs will be the most productive and dangerous in 2013, there is no way that RG3 is not in the top 10, maybe even top 5. Ask any defensive coordinator who they would be most concerned about playing, and RG3 will be very near the top. My guess is he probably dinged RG3 for not knowing how his injury will affect him and also for his decision making when he does run.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I haven't yet seen the rankings or Jaws explanation of what he was evaluating on, I can't really comment if it is fair or not. But if he is ranking on which QBs will be the most productive and dangerous in 2013, there is no way that RG3 is not in the top 10, maybe even top 5. Ask any defensive coordinator who they would be most concerned about playing, and RG3 will be very near the top. My guess is he probably dinged RG3 for not knowing how his injury will affect him and also for his decision making when he does run.

The only rational explanation I would accept is the question surrounding his health. If that was part of his reasoning, I can't begrudge him for that.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less where he is ranked...It is 1 mans opinion...sure he watchs lots of film...but who cares...HE is an ESPN head......if anything RGIII uses as motivation to prove the Nay sayers wrong...and in that case...it is a good thing he is soooo low.....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less where he is ranked...It is 1 mans opinion...sure he watchs lots of film...but who cares...HE is an ESPN head......if anything RGIII uses as motivation to prove the Nay sayers wrong...and in that case...it is a good thing he is soooo low.....

I agree with that sentiment 100%. I always hope that the Skins are ranked dead last in every poll, prediction, etc. I love to see the players have somewhat of a chip on their shoulders.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jaws logic Alex Smith would be top 5. He was 4 and 0 before getting hurt. Seems you don't have to take a 20+ year cellar dweller to a division crown in first year or be ROY just gotta have a better all around team in front of you. i.e WR's, O-line.... I once thought Jaws knew his shit (testing waters with this word)....seems he's only a systems guy who refuses to look beyond a record. His injury may have swayed his opinion but I believe he has a hard on everything Redskins (never picked em to win any games last year...maybe two).... tired of these rankings anyway. C'mon season...lets get crackin so we can shut these homers up.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s rare when I evaluate rookies so highly. I believe in performance over time. But in the case of Robert Griffin III, his individual play and his overall impact was so extraordinary, that he comes in at No. 13 on my quarterback big board.

“It began the opening game of the season against the Saints. You know what I loved about this play? RG III’s total awareness of what happened. Listen to him on the sideline. Let’s break the play down and explain what RG III was talking about. Here’s the play fake, and here’s the blitzing safety. There’s Niles Paul, the hot receiver. And there’s the linebacker RG III was talking about covering Paul. At that point, the defense won. That’s a remarkable reaction for a quarterback on his 12th play.

“RG III and the Redskins played offense differently than we had seen in the NFL. Their foundation was the option. RG III led all quarterbacks in rushing with over 800 yards. Often, it was the option. Other times, it was just pure speed. The key of course was the effectiveness of the passing game off the option. Look at the impact of the read-option on the safety. His eyes are focused in the backfield, with no awareness of Aldrick Robinson on the deep post right in front of him.

“As spectacular as RG III can be with his legs, it’s his passing ability that gives him a chance to be a very special player. That’s why I have him ranked 13th after just one season. The question is how will the Redskins handle RG III after his major knee injury? Will we see as much read-option? Or will Mike and Kyle Shanahan incorporate more NFL drop-back passing concepts? It will be a delicate balancing act, and I’m very intrigued to see it.”

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith, Schaub, Luck, Wilson and Kaepernick are all rated ahead of RG3 according to Jaws.

He seems to think 13th is high for RG3 since he's a rookie, but has two other rookies that are ahead of him. Luck threw as many INTs as RG3 threw TD passes. Not a whole lot of logic IMO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith, Schaub, Luck, Wilson and Kaepernick are all rated ahead of RG3 according to Jaws.

He seems to think 13th is high for RG3 since he's a rookie, but has two other rookies that are ahead of him. Luck threw as many INTs as RG3 threw TD passes. Not a whole lot of logic IMO.

Alex Smith? You could at least make a case for some of the other guys (marginal in Schaub's case). However - Smith has been a journeyman at best during his career. He had a few moments a few seasons ago but overall there is no way that he should be anywhere near the top 10.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
robotic dreams

is just another troll . the "real world " he lives in is that of the fringe . the travon case hasnt even been decided . no one knows what happened except travon , zimmerman and God.

all you want to do is race bait . :lame:

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith? You could at least make a case for some of the other guys (marginal in Schaub's case). However - Smith has been a journeyman at best during his career. He had a few moments a few seasons ago but overall there is no way that he should be anywhere near the top 10.
that's jaws's opinion. we all have opinions. although i suspect jaws put alex smith in there for shock value.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's jaws's opinion. we all have opinions. although i suspect jaws put alex smith in there for shock value.

True & you might be right about the shock value. Except for the last year & a half Smith's #s & his team's record were just as bad (if not worse) than Sanchez. So somehow you rank a guy who had 1.5 good years & a bunch of bad years ahead of a guy (RG3) who only has one spectacular year & no bad history? Makes no sense. Plus Smith had a better supporting cast.

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True & you might be right about the shock value. Except for the last year & a half Smith's #s & his team's record were just as bad (if not worse) than Sanchez. So somehow you rank a guy who had 1.5 good years & a bunch of bad years ahead of a guy (RG3) who only has one spectacular year & no bad history? Makes no sense. Plus Smith had a better supporting cast.
exactly. its a shame because most of espn is about oversensationalizing/shock value to get ratings/webclicks. i thought jaws was better than that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. its a shame because most of espn is about oversensationalizing/shock value to get ratings/webclicks. i thought jaws was better than that.

its a shame he is that way but it seems he is

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off WOW guys glad to see this board hopping. Havent seen this action since I came to SportsHoopla.

On RG3, if healthy he has potential to be a top 3 in the NFL. Has all the tools and just needs to develop and be smarter especially when running.

ANd Fuck ESPN and Jaws anyways