• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 and JF

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to be linked to both of these names until they are picked up by someone else.

Jerry Jones has drooled over both in the past.

RG3 doesn't really fit our system and you'd have to ask the question if the coaches are smart enough, if needed, to use his skillset.

JF would fit our system better but comes with more drama.

Both would need a back up, but in J.Jones eyes, would they?

Would they settle with Moore as the #3 and feel good enough to not spend a pick?

Interesting how our QB situation plays out this offseason.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to be linked to both of these names until they are picked up by someone else.

Jerry Jones has drooled over both in the past.

RG3 doesn't really fit our system and you'd have to ask the question if the coaches are smart enough, if needed, to use his skillset.

JF would fit our system better but comes with more drama.

Both would need a back up, but in J.Jones eyes, would they?

Would they settle with Moore as the #3 and feel good enough to not spend a pick?

Interesting how our QB situation plays out this offseason.
"Interesting"? More like frightening.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off if I'm either one of them or their agent- I'm looking for a place that I have a shot at starting. Sure Romo can get hurt, but what if he doesn't. Another wasted year for either one of them sitting. If I'm them big D is not in my plans. Now me being a fan, I wouldn't want Johnny Football. RG3- yes for the right price.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say no to RG3, but I'm not promising him anything either if I sign him. Come in as a back-up, expect us to draft a good one, and prepare to play but there is a real possibility you find yourself third string here by the end of 2016. If I'm RG3, I don't want to hear that as a sales pitch.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to JF period.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on both.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pass on both. Rather roll with Moore as our backup and draft best QB available to sit deep on the bench for one year, maybe move to backup in year 2 as Romo will be forced to retire, and the thought of being a year 3 starter or at least competing for the job.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we, have no interest in drafting, Goff, Wentz, or Prescott...Then give me RG3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As PDay has said a few times, we must have 3 QBs on the roster next year. So if you have 3 it gives you more flexibility on who they are. I'll let the team figure it out, but I hope they realize it's a pretty good bet at least one of them is going to play meaningful snaps for us, so I hope they plan wisely...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As PDay has said a few times, we must have 3 QBs on the roster next year. So if you have 3 it gives you more flexibility on who they are. I'll let the team figure it out, but I hope they realize it's a pretty good bet at least one of them is going to play meaningful snaps for us, so I hope they plan wisely...
That's why it's difficult for me to envision Moore as the #2. He's not gonna come in and win games if Romo goes down

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why it's difficult for me to envision Moore as the #2. He's not gonna come in and win games if Romo goes down

I don't disagree. I see Moore as in the mix if we do one of three things:

1) Very early draft pick or at least draft pick we expect to compete for #2 job. This allows us to not put all chips on Moore if Romo goes down...spreads our risk across two guys
2) Veteran FA to come in and be clear #2 or at least capable of #2 and let Moore try to win job from him.
3) Moore on practice squad. I think he is still eligible.

IMO we can't keep putting off future QB decision. Most of us have been saying "next year" for 3 or 4 years now. At some point we need to pull the trigger. I'm worried that if we don't settle the backup QB job we may be picking top 5 again in 2017...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Very early draft pick or at least draft pick we expect to compete for #2 job. This allows us to not put all chips on Moore if Romo goes down...spreads our risk across two guys
2) Veteran FA to come in and be clear #2 or at least capable of #2 and let Moore try to win job from him.

IMO we can't keep putting off future QB decision. Most of us have been saying "next year" for 3 or 4 years now. At some point we need to pull the trigger. I'm worried that if we don't settle the backup QB job we may be picking top 5 again in 2017...
Definitely agree with that last part. I am not a huge fan of either RG3 or CK, but there is no denying that with this OL, Dez and Witten, either of those guys would have a better chance to win games that Moore or a rookie. I could see Moore on the roster if Jerry signs JM because I think Jerry would consider him the QB of the future, and then he wouldn't spend a pick on a QB. I think the best option, talent wise, would be RG3 along with a kid like Prescott in round 2, JMO

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moore wouldn't stick on the PS. Someone would grab him. I disagree that we can't win with him. He showed more poise than most guys with his experience.

I'm tired of the spare "veteran FA" that comes in and takes $4-$5 million bucks and isn't doing anything to help the team. Can't help us win, doesn't appear to be helping teammates, isn't acting like a coach on the sidelines, and is blocking someone younger and hungrier from getting snaps.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore wouldn't stick on the PS. Someone would grab him. I disagree that we can't win with him. He showed more poise than most guys with his experience.

I'm tired of the spare "veteran FA" that comes in and takes $4-$5 million bucks and isn't doing anything to help the team. Can't help us win, doesn't appear to be helping teammates, isn't acting like a coach on the sidelines, and is blocking someone younger and hungrier from getting snaps.
I think that is a valid opinion, I just happen to disagree. We had a chance to win some playoff games with Orton IMO. It's about getting the right guy, not just any guy IMO

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitna was the last decent back up QB. He had moxie & played with grit. I think Moore has some of that too....

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Moore used up all his practice squad eligibility
Future coach if he wants to be but he is not a NFL QB IMHO and that's not worth much most days

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Moore used up all his practice squad eligibility
Future coach if he wants to be but he is not a NFL QB IMHO and that's not worth much most days
I agree Moore is not an NFL level player. Not worth grooming.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Moore is not an NFL level player. Not worth grooming.
If Moore got a lot of reps, I think his top end is Matt Moore/Brian Hoyer at best. Nothing wrong with that, but his lack of arm strength won't allow him to become more than that. NFL DC's are simply too good to try and beat using only half the field. Once they started scheming for him, he'd have no shot

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest signing either one and then if wentz falls pull the trigger. I don't thing goff makes it past the Browns or chargers. Lynch will probably bust..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitna was the last decent back up QB. He had moxie & played with grit. I think Moore has some of that too....
Funny me...I'd love both, but if you make me choose I'll take talent over Moxie when the topic is the NFL QB...