• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 and JF

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever his future is, he's funner to watch than Weeden or Cassel
I think the thing with Moore is when he went into the game for some reason it felt ( from my seat on the couch thousands of miles away) that it lifted the team and they were playing harder for him. Almost like they felt they had a better chance.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing with Moore is when he went into the game for some reason it felt ( from my seat on the couch thousands of miles away) that it lifted the team and they were playing harder for him. Almost like they felt they had a better chance.

This is true with certain backups. The team begins to rally around them because the star is out. To me I really thought Cassel would be that guy because he had a little fire. The most recent one though was Kitna. Kitna had some fire about him, unlike Orton. The players loved Kitna. I think he won 4 or 5 games that season. Beurline was another example in 1991. He won 5 straight and we needed every one of them. The offense didn't look anywhere near the same with him instead of Aikman. If you remember back then, we ran about 6 plays. With Beurline that was cut to about 3. Everyone stepped up. .

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true with certain backups. The team begins to rally around them because the star is out. To me I really thought Cassel would be that guy because he had a little fire. The most recent one though was Kitna. Kitna had some fire about him, unlike Orton. The players loved Kitna. I think he won 4 or 5 games that season. Beurline was another example in 1991. He won 5 straight and we needed every one of them. The offense didn't look anywhere near the same with him instead of Aikman. If you remember back then, we ran about 6 plays. With Beurline that was cut to about 3. Everyone stepped up. .
Beurline was one of my favorites and was a very good backup. Back in the days when a team could carry a good backup. Sometimes I think there are just not enough good QBs for 32 teams. Someone is always lacking a starter or backup that can play. My point was that the team responded to Moore, no small thing. I would not mind them keeping him and letting him compete next year, along with a draft pick. I think his play should get him that much.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really want to see either RGIII or JF in a Cowboys uniform

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beurline was one of my favorites and was a very good backup. Back in the days when a team could carry a good backup. Sometimes I think there are just not enough good QBs for 32 teams. Someone is always lacking a starter or backup that can play. My point was that the team responded to Moore, no small thing. I would not mind them keeping him and letting him compete next year, along with a draft pick. I think his play should get him that much.

I agree eventhough passing numbers continue to rise it seems. The lack of Qbs I really think has to do with college a lot. The rules are different as far as the hash marks which really opens up offenses. This shot gun spread has taken over and the points continue to rise. These Qbs come into the NFL and some haven't taken a snap under center since Junior High ball, if not Pee Wee. There are plenty of arms out there and even speed, but the mental aspect is lacking. Of course then they get to the NFL and have to change. I love all types of football, but about 10 yrs ago , maybe longer- teams started this no huddle thing and the QB go to the line and look to the sideline to call the play. In other words , Qbs do not have to make their own decisions. A lot of times.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the love affair with moore. We need a backup as well as future starter. We need a strong armed qb that jells with Bryant and the future speed guy Tyler boyd. It is a must that we sign either JF,Rg3 or kaepernick. I want a mobile qb, not a statue

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree on that view of Orton or any backup NFL QB. Orton went to Buffalo because he knew he could play there, right? Guys love playing in games. It's the practice and offseason workouts they generally would rather do without...

Maybe that happened, I just recall Orton deciding he wasn't going to show up and 'retire' instead. Then after a bit he dipped his toe in the NFL for a second or two.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the love affair with moore. We need a backup as well as future starter. We need a strong armed qb that jells with Bryant and the future speed guy Tyler boyd. It is a must that we sign either JF,Rg3 or kaepernick. I want a mobile qb, not a statue

What mobile QB's have won the SB? RWilson, and...Steve Young I guess? Runners just don't make it in the NFL. What wins is finding the open guy and hitting him, not making one read and running. you build a line to give you a consistent 3 second pocket and put a QB in it that can read the field without getting happy feet and then throw an accurate ball to the guy getting open. Mobile QB's panic too much, and that uncertainty can win games but not with consistency.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger was considered mobile for his time
sorry ford just poking cause I can :suds:

But im in agreement about RG3 and JF don't want either to sniff a Cowboys uniform

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry but they would be poison to this team

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What mobile QB's have won the SB? RWilson, and...Steve Young I guess? Runners just don't make it in the NFL. What wins is finding the open guy and hitting him, not making one read and running. you build a line to give you a consistent 3 second pocket and put a QB in it that can read the field without getting happy feet and then throw an accurate ball to the guy getting open. Mobile QB's panic too much, and that uncertainty can win games but not with consistency.

Your dead wrong. It is different now. K..K almost won a superbowl. Roger, Young, Big ben, RW, the list is getting bigger and bigger. Runners

You are so wrong with your 1960's runners don't make it in the NFL crap. There have been so many mobile QB' s that win. Too many to name ...Rw, young , Cam, Big Ben, Roger, Fran, etc...

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think that JF is going to behave any differently here? Even the new Browns coach said not interested. It would be a mess if he came here. RG3 has a history of injuries already and he is a run first QB some of the time doubtful he stays healthy going forward. Plus neither one have been team players. Sorry no interest.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your dead wrong. It is different now. K..K almost won a superbowl. Roger, Young, Big ben, RW, the list is getting bigger and bigger. Runners

You are so wrong with your 1960's runners don't make it in the NFL crap. There have been so many mobile QB' s that win. Too many to name ...Rw, young , Cam, Big Ben, Roger, Fran, etc...

I'm pretty sure Roger, Young, Ben while the we're able to run, they were still pass first QB's, even Wilson looks to pass more than run.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Roger, Young, Ben while the we're able to run, they were still pass first QB's, even Wilson looks to pass more than run.
Man read what he said. He said what Mobile QB won a SB. He put young and Wilson in that catagory. He did not specify a pass first. He used the word running and mobile as one and the same. I agree you have to be able to pass, but the ability to run when needed is a great asset for a QB. If he means a 90% running QB. I agree,

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Moore used up all his practice squad eligibility
Future coach if he wants to be but he is not a NFL QB IMHO and that's not worth much most days

Same here. I just don't see him as a decent QB at all. He just doesn't have it IMHO. He is the kind of guy who could keep you from loosing a game if need be, but not really winning one.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man read what he said. He said what Mobile QB won a SB. He put young and Wilson in that catagory. He did not specify a pass first. He used the word running and mobile as one and the same. I agree you have to be able to pass, but the ability to run when needed is a great asset for a QB. If he means a 90% running QB. I agree,
Yes go read his post, he called the QB's runners. If I have my wish I want neither but if Jerry does get one of the two I rather have RG. Problem is neither RG or JM are mobile QB's as in a way you are saying is a plus asset. They are RUN first guys. I agree being able to get yards with your legs ala Rodgers is a great tool, but when your QB rather run at first sight it will not be a pretty season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key is that all of those other QBs throw the ball better, run an offense better, are leaders and bring less drama and team strife to the table than RGIII and JF. So I won't get into the semantics of running QB versus mobile QB or really even any aspects of mobility. To me you don't compare good QBs to crappy QBs just because both happen to be mobile...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key is that all of those other QBs throw the ball better, run an offense better, are leaders and bring less drama and team strife to the table than RGIII and JF. So I won't get into the semantics of running QB versus mobile QB or really even any aspects of mobility. To me you don't compare good QBs to crappy QBs just because both happen to be mobile...
I don't understand what you are saying in reference to my post. I said notthing about RG 111 or good qb vs bad. I responded to for's post about Moble QB's. Who the heck is comparing good Moble QB's to bad ones? Only you i guess.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from reading and listening to Hue Jackson
Johnny is toast in Cleveland what they get for him is the only question left IMO

Im betting he just gets cut

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from reading and listening to Hue Jackson
Johnny is toast in Cleveland what they get for him is the only question left IMO

Im betting he just gets cut

My fear is they get Jerry thinking teams are talking about trading for him making Jerry antsy and he jumps in feet first.
I really dont want RG or JF, but if we bring either in I prefer RG and I prefer either to be a free agent. DO NOT TRADE A PICK, JERRYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!