• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 and JF

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny me...I'd love both, but if you make me choose I'll take talent over Moxie when the topic is the NFL QB...

We are talking BACK UP QB, a QB is a BACK UP for a reason.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. To play if the starter goes out. Now let's check the box score and see how many games that was for the Cowboys in 2015...want to change your opinion yet?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. To play if the starter goes out. Now let's check the box score and see how many games that was for the Cowboys in 2015...want to change your opinion yet?

I think Moore can win games especially if he get the reps Weeden got.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's a different topic then. I kind of don't, but I think the team sees something in him or they wouldn't have played him so much. so seems they agree with you, so who am I to argue.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. A backup can be a guy that's being developed to be a starter, like Romo was, Aaron Rodgers, etc, or a guy can be a backup because he doesn't have the talent to cut it as a starter. We've had enough of the latter, need more of the former

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news for our backup is that whomever it is likely plays every Wednesday...another sign of Romo's tenuous Health...but a good idea IMO. Romo doesn't need the reps and they'd be more beneficial to the team going to the backup. I don't understand why more teams don't do this after seeing Dallas do it...yes, I know the canned answer I just think it isn't the right one in today's day and age

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. A backup can be a guy that's being developed to be a starter, like Romo was, Aaron Rodgers, etc, or a guy can be a backup because he doesn't have the talent to cut it as a starter. We've had enough of the latter, need more of the former

Moore could be a bridge to a rookie QB or 3rd string. Either way he brings value to Cowboys next year. Rather that than either of those circus clowns....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moore had much less pressure than Weeden or Cassell. I don't think Moore wins any game the others played, and I think Weeden and Cassell may have won a game or two Moore played.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moore had much less pressure than Weeden or Cassell. I don't think Moore wins any game the others played, and I think Weeden and Cassell may have won a game or two Moore played.
lol....opinions will vary on football chat boards

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. My opinion is Moore is NOT a NFL QB. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not, have to wait and see.
your opinion on Moore has been more than stated
I remain of opinion he MIGHT have value in Dallas next season and pretty sure that's what eastbay is saying here. He is under contract and IMO, much better option than Weeden or Cassels

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain of opinion he MIGHT have value in Dallas next season and pretty sure that's what eastbay is saying here. He is under contract and IMO, much better option than Weeden or Cassels
Well I've been told, opinions will vary on football chat boards

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions are like assholes, everyone got one....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions are like assholes, everyone got one....
and some like to stick their foot in them...Hey wait, that didn't come out right...:suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a valid opinion, I just happen to disagree. We had a chance to win some playoff games with Orton IMO. It's about getting the right guy, not just any guy IMO

Orton is who I was thinking about. Guys like him obviously have the talent to play, but the way he left here showed what happens with guys like him. They lose their starting job and so they go looking for a clipboard behind a no doubt starter and hope they never have to earn a check. I'd take 2 Kellen Moore types that are hungry and want to learn, but still have skills than I would someone in their twilight years.

I agree with your point that it is best to have a veteran who can step in and not be deer-in-the-headlights, but it's a tough act to find the right balance of "I'm here to cash a check" and "I think I still have something and love the game". Orton had no desire to play. Weeden did, but he sucked. Cassell I felt came in wanting to play but quickly tuned out and knew his checks were numbered.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If for no other reason than Moore is under contract, that makes him a better option. None of those three offers a clear cut advantage on the field, IMO. So let's keep the one that costs the least.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton is who I was thinking about. Guys like him obviously have the talent to play, but the way he left here showed what happens with guys like him. They lose their starting job and so they go looking for a clipboard behind a no doubt starter and hope they never have to earn a check. I'd take 2 Kellen Moore types that are hungry and want to learn, but still have skills than I would someone in their twilight years.

I agree with your point that it is best to have a veteran who can step in and not be deer-in-the-headlights, but it's a tough act to find the right balance of "I'm here to cash a check" and "I think I still have something and love the game". Orton had no desire to play. Weeden did, but he sucked. Cassell I felt came in wanting to play but quickly tuned out and knew his checks were numbered.
Not sure I agree on that view of Orton or any backup NFL QB. Orton went to Buffalo because he knew he could play there, right? Guys love playing in games. It's the practice and offseason workouts they generally would rather do without...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever his future is, he's funner to watch than Weeden or Cassel