• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 3rd best QB in NFC East

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. In all likelihood he will be banned before the season starts since he is too stupid to take a hint. It appears as if some of his posts are already being removed - the username is next.

are we really that interesting that you have to follow us to a hole new forum ?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal.. be nice. He hasnt been proven to be stupid thus that is a personal insult. He is just a rabid Cowboys Homer who cant see past his Jerry Jones issued homer goggles.

He said romo is going to be a hall of famer. Even the most rabid homer's not going to claim that if they have some semblance of intelligence.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROMO; HE IS WHAT HE IS

East, gotta keep stuff like this off other team boards. Let's all get settled at least first.
Eastbay you keep arguing Romo will never be the reason the Cowboys don't get over the hump. I can give you three right off the bat. Week seventeen at Washington. In all fairness, Dallas had played or at moments in the game, were out playing Washington. However, just as it looked as if Dallas had momentum, Tony Romo would throw a untimely interception. None worse than the little looper in the flat.
His tendancy to throw these "untimely" int's isn't a fad, bad game, or an anomaly. It's what he is. It's not his receivers, it's not the blocking, it's not the play calling. You can only blame so many players so many times.
Two games come to mind. Detroit and N.Y. Jets of several years ago. Dallas is way up on Detroit by twenty-plus points and he has a second half interception bonanza. He single handedly handed both these victories to them. And these are just two that come to mind.
Trying to justify and make comparisons to him and Steve Young is ludicrous. He is what he is!

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil red blew that Jets game, shouldn't have been throwing the ball to begin, Romo is a Top 10 QB hands down.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said romo is going to be a hall of famer. Even the most rabid homer's not going to claim that if they have some semblance of intelligence.

If you are going to quote me at least quote me correctly, I said he already has the numbers and a SB or two will put him in the HOF.

SaintGibbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but it won't. Once the season starts and some fresh material for good natured ribbing starts up, there will be back and forth on team boards. For now, lets all play nicely until everyon gets a feel for how these new boards work :suds:

I really enjoy and welcome a knowledgeable and humorous ribbing from rival fans. Levity is something we could use more of considering how serious we tend to get when defending our favorite teams.

There were a couple of Boy's fans on the ESPN boards that I appreciated, and then you had the mouth breathers, repeating themselves ad nauseum and drooling on their keyboards.

I've got to admit, the hands-on, open approach used by the mods on SportsHoopla is pretty damn sweet.

/*end ass-kissing*/

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're calling Romo today's Steve Young, meaning he'd have to go to a good team to win.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every SB winning QB was a part of a good team, hence football being the ultimate team sport.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, But if you are comparing Romo to Young, Dallas is to Romo what Tampa Bay was to Young.

He'll need a change of address to become a Superbowl winning QB, because he certainly isn't going to carry the Cowboys. He's not good enough. And Jones will never surround him with a good enough team.

Window is closing.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already has the numbers and he will continue to build on those, just nerd a couple of SB wins, btw Crack is Whack...

#Hernandez is a SERIAL KILLA!:L
Eastbay.....he has all the numbers but the one number he ain't got and will never have is 1 Super Bowl appearance. Much less 1 playoff victory.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So silly these rankings. Jaws has it one way, ESPN another, this ranking related to the OP, yours and mine...they all vary. The only ranking that matters is the logical one.

Eli-----two SB titles and a vet
RG3
Cousins
Ohno
Vick or whoever QB's over there.

I mean, seriously fellas.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastbay you keep arguing Romo will never be the reason the Cowboys don't get over the hump. I can give you three right off the bat. Week seventeen at Washington. In all fairness, Dallas had played or at moments in the game, were out playing Washington. However, just as it looked as if Dallas had momentum, Tony Romo would throw a untimely interception. None worse than the little looper in the flat.
His tendancy to throw these "untimely" int's isn't a fad, bad game, or an anomaly. It's what he is. It's not his receivers, it's not the blocking, it's not the play calling. You can only blame so many players so many times.
Two games come to mind. Detroit and N.Y. Jets of several years ago. Dallas is way up on Detroit by twenty-plus points and he has a second half interception bonanza. He single handedly handed both these victories to them. And these are just two that come to mind.
Trying to justify and make comparisons to him and Steve Young is ludicrous. He is what he is!

How about that beauty of a game he had on MNF against the Bears last year. Romo threw 5 INTs including 2 Pick sixes. No doubt that was somebody else's fault. :L The botched snap in the playoffs against the Seahawks was also somebody else's fault. Cowboys' fans lead the league in excuses.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil red blew that Jets game, shouldn't have been throwing the ball to begin, Romo is a Top 10 QB hands down.
But what does being a top 10 quarterback done for Romo? He puts up pretty numbers between September and November. However, come December and "crunch" time, Romo has shown historically to crack under pressure. Has he or has he not?
When his career is over and no championships, much less a signature victory, to show for all those pretty useless numbers, he'll be in categorized in the same group as Tarkenton, Jurgensen, Unitas, Anderson, Moon, Marino, Fouts, White. Correction!! I'm giving Romo too much credit. These guys made it at least to conference championship games.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastbay.....he has all the numbers but the one number he ain't got and will never have is 1 Super Bowl appearance. Much less 1 playoff victory.

No - to be fair - Romo has one playoff victory. They beat the Eagles (who limped in & were terrible led by our old buddy McNabb) in the 2009 playoffs. However - they promptly turned around & were trounced by the Vikings the following week 34-3 (some of their fans probably blamed the refs).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what does being a top 10 quarterback done for Romo? He puts up pretty numbers between September and November. However, come December and "crunch" time, Romo has shown historically to crack under pressure. Has he or has he not?
When his career is over and no championships, much less a signature victory, to show for all those pretty useless numbers, he'll be in categorized in the same group as Tarkenton, Jurgensen, Unitas, Anderson, Moon, Marino, Fouts, White. Correction!! I'm giving Romo too much credit. These guys made it at least to conference championship games.

Several of those guys also played in SBs. I also never remember most - if not all - of these guys being singled out (by anyone) as the reason their teams fell short. You cannot say the same for Romo since he has been singled out by numerous members of the media as at least being partially responsible for their lack of success.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The actual order is:

Sheli
RG3

The two qb's nobody in their right mind wants running your team. If you had to choose, you'd choose Choko for the way he produces for the first three months of the season, and then run the ball an awful lot in dec. Vick 2.0 hasn't even proven he can play well for any three month stretch.

She'll gets the nod for his two SB's, and RG3 gets the #2 spot based on seemingly endless potential.

I challenge anyone to argue what I wrote.:nod:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how many playoff games RGKnee has won?

#Lt. Dan has more knee cartilage :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can anyone say RG3 is better than Vick after only 1 year? I remember when Vick almost went to the Super Bowl until my Eagles beat him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that beauty of a game he had on MNF against the Bears last year. Romo threw 5 INTs including 2 Pick sixes. No doubt that was somebody else's fault. :L The botched snap in the playoffs against the Seahawks was also somebody else's fault. Cowboys' fans lead the league in excuses.

He shouldn't have been holding. That one's not on him.