• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report Pats could be willing to spend $30 mill to keep Brady

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember that it's not just Brady. His wife has a huge say in where he signs. She has a multi-billion dollar fashion and cosmetic empire that's constantly expanding. I'm 1000% sure that Miami, NY and Las Vegas are much more appealing to her, considering that she takes home 25 times as much as TB.

They have bought homes in LA before.
Just saying.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They built a $25M mansion and she sold it a month after they moved in. She said that she hated LA.

I can't blame her. I lived there for 4 months on a work assignment. Would never have thought of raising my family there.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame her. I lived there for 4 months on a work assignment. Would never have thought of raising my family there.

It's not LA - it's California. I said many years ago that LA is one of a few big cities I could live in. So much to do.
California has turned to shit. What I used to love is now a corpse.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not LA - it's California. I said many years ago that LA is one of a few big cities I could live in. So much to do.
California has turned to shit. What I used to love is now a corpse.....

I worked for ADP back in 2000-2004. I managed Loss Control and my people were responsible for Worker's Compensation, hence, OSHA regs.

We had a client with eight employees that had never had anyone visit his business because he was located about 80 miles outside LA on a mountain. My boss told me to go pay him a visit and while I was in LA, visited 13 other customers who had never been visited. I stayed in the Hilton and rented a car. I went to the mountain on day 2. Spent three days visiting clients from Long Beach to Rodeo Drive. Being a first time tourist, I took the Hollywood Stars Tour of all of the homes. It was interesting and doing things around the hotel was fun. I didn't drink and still don't, so bar hopping wasn't a necessary evil. But I did all of tourist stuff so I could go home and say, yes, I did the sidewalk star walk, I went Gruman's Chinese Theatre, I visited Rodeo Drive, I cruised Venice Beach and saw where all the stars lived.

I would never go back. For a tourist who is spending a week doing easy work and sightseeing, it's fun. It's also very expensive and doing my expense account was a nightmare until my boss said to put everything on it and he'd sign it. It's a very interesting place and I'm sure much has changed since I was there. But again, I'd never return. I just don't like it.

Then again, Bankok, Thailand has really changed since 1971 and I would go back there. Just to see if the Rub and Scrub is still there.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bangkok, Thailand
Reminds me of a guy I went to college with who thought he had a clever joke. He would ask guys what the capital of Thailand was, and if there was a pause in the answer he would punch them in the balls and yell "bang cock".

He thought he was clever, but everyone just saw him as a creep.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked for ADP back in 2000-2004. I managed Loss Control and my people were responsible for Worker's Compensation, hence, OSHA regs.

We had a client with eight employees that had never had anyone visit his business because he was located about 80 miles outside LA on a mountain. My boss told me to go pay him a visit and while I was in LA, visited 13 other customers who had never been visited. I stayed in the Hilton and rented a car. I went to the mountain on day 2. Spent three days visiting clients from Long Beach to Rodeo Drive. Being a first time tourist, I took the Hollywood Stars Tour of all of the homes. It was interesting and doing things around the hotel was fun. I didn't drink and still don't, so bar hopping wasn't a necessary evil. But I did all of tourist stuff so I could go home and say, yes, I did the sidewalk star walk, I went Gruman's Chinese Theatre, I visited Rodeo Drive, I cruised Venice Beach and saw where all the stars lived.

I would never go back. For a tourist who is spending a week doing easy work and sightseeing, it's fun. It's also very expensive and doing my expense account was a nightmare until my boss said to put everything on it and he'd sign it. It's a very interesting place and I'm sure much has changed since I was there. But again, I'd never return. I just don't like it.

Then again, Bankok, Thailand has really changed since 1971 and I would go back there. Just to see if the Rub and Scrub is still there.

I USED TO SAY,

If you have been to California and you didn't like it - you haven't seen enough of it
If you have been to California and you liked it - you haven't seen enough.

There is something here for everybody to like or hate.

The problem now is that many places I used to love I now hate and many of the places i still love are just too damn expensive.

Example: I used to love the wine country. I could enjoy touring there on a weekend and buy a $20 bottle of wine for $4
Now you spend $200-400 a day to hang out there and spend $30 on a $20 bottle of wine.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have been to California and you didn't like it - you haven't seen enough of it
If you have been to California and you liked it - you haven't seen enough.

I spent my down time away from Nam in Hunters Point in San Francisco and Alameda on the other side of the bay. Traveled all over to San Jose, Oakland and the entire bay area on both sides. Spent one July4th Weekend at Yosemite along 250 members of the Hell's Angels. Loved Yosemite. Loved the Old Wharf and of course who would n't love Haight Ashbury.

Went to a Stones concert in LA Coliseum and sat so far away I couldn't see the stage. Went to the Stones at Altmont Speedway and got into the fisticuffs with, not against the Hells Angels "security".

Spent a week in San Diego at Fire Fighting school and went back for a Divison reunion in 2005. Never really liked San Diego. Best part of San Diego was the hour or so trip south to Tiajuana for the stuff you'll never see anywhere else on this planet. Like the donkey show.

I like California north of Napa Valley. You can have everything south.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that, I was trying to post this:

Tom Brady Rumors: Patriots Expected to Meet with QB's Agent at 2020 NFL Combine
Tim DanielsFebruary 25, 2020
hi-res-990ffe31effadefa8013f2fe7645f50d_crop_north.jpg

Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
The New England Patriots and Don Yee, the agent for longtime Pats quarterback Tom Brady, are reportedly expected to meet at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis to discuss a new contract.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that "nothing's expected to happen until right up on the cusp of free agency," which begins March 18, but it's viewed as the first "real dialogue" between the sides.

In January, Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reported Brady wasn't interested in giving the Patriots another "hometown discount" and was willing to hit to open market to see what type of offers he'd receive.

The 42-year-old California native was noncommittal about his future after New England's season ended with a loss to the Tennessee Titans in the AFC Wild Card Round.

"I love the Patriots. It's the greatest organization," he told reporters. "Playing for Mr. [Robert] Kraft all these years, and for Coach [Bill] Belichick, there's nobody who's had a better career, I would say, than me—just being with them. So I'm very blessed. I don't know what the future looks like, so I'm not going to predict it."

Brady's numbers didn't live up to his typically MVP-level standard this past season. He completed 60.8 percent of his throws for 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 16 games. He ranked 23rd in passer rating (88.0) and 17th in ESPN's Total QBR.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Tom Brady wants two-year commitment from Patriots

Steve DelVecchio, Larry Brown Sports
1 day ago

Tom Brady may care more about his supporting cast in 2020 than he does about the total dollar amount the New England Patriots are willing to give him, but that’s not to say the contract itself means nothing to him. At the very least, Brady may want the Patriots to show him they believe he has multiple years of good football left to play.

BB10kjcy.img
© Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports It's getting down to crunch time for Tom Brady and the Patriots.
Jeff Howe of The Athletic is the latest Patriots insider to discuss Brady’s impending free agency, and Howe reports that Brady is not trying to set the quarterback market with a $35 million salary. However, Brady wanted guaranteed money for 2020 last offseason when he renegotiated his contract with New England, and he may want the same with his next deal.

Brady will likely want a two-year deal that includes at least some guaranteed money for 2021, that way the Patriots aren’t essentially telling him to once again prove he is still capable of winning games in his 40s. The problem, of course, is that Bill Belichick obviously did not want to give Brady a two-year deal a year ago, and did Brady really do anything last season to change the coach’s opinion of his aging quarterback?

While you could make the argument that Brady had very few weapons to work with on offense, he also showed that he is no longer capable of elevating his mediocre teammates the way he did earlier in his career. Brady also battled some nagging injuries that impacted his play, which is something interested teams are reportedly concerned about.

If Belichick believes Brady gives the Patriots their best chance of winning in 2020, there could be a middle ground for the two sides somewhere. Perhaps New England can offer Brady a contract that pays him a respectable amount in 2020 and 2021 while giving them salary cap flexibility to improve the roster around him. That is what he has done throughout his entire career, and we’ve already heard rumblings about the Pats potentially making a run at a star wide receiver. It’s quite possible that Brady’s and Belichick’s interests are more aligned than many are making it seem.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the combine before the draft makes a lot of sense. If TB is all about staying in NE for two more years, and if he does not crush the cap and if that allows the Pats to put some talent around him, and if he will adjust his play then great sign the man.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Tom Brady wants two-year commitment from Patriots

Steve DelVecchio, Larry Brown Sports
1 day ago

Tom Brady may care more about his supporting cast in 2020 than he does about the total dollar amount the New England Patriots are willing to give him, but that’s not to say the contract itself means nothing to him. At the very least, Brady may want the Patriots to show him they believe he has multiple years of good football left to play.

BB10kjcy.img
© Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports It's getting down to crunch time for Tom Brady and the Patriots.
Jeff Howe of The Athletic is the latest Patriots insider to discuss Brady’s impending free agency, and Howe reports that Brady is not trying to set the quarterback market with a $35 million salary. However, Brady wanted guaranteed money for 2020 last offseason when he renegotiated his contract with New England, and he may want the same with his next deal.

Brady will likely want a two-year deal that includes at least some guaranteed money for 2021, that way the Patriots aren’t essentially telling him to once again prove he is still capable of winning games in his 40s. The problem, of course, is that Bill Belichick obviously did not want to give Brady a two-year deal a year ago, and did Brady really do anything last season to change the coach’s opinion of his aging quarterback?

While you could make the argument that Brady had very few weapons to work with on offense, he also showed that he is no longer capable of elevating his mediocre teammates the way he did earlier in his career. Brady also battled some nagging injuries that impacted his play, which is something interested teams are reportedly concerned about.

If Belichick believes Brady gives the Patriots their best chance of winning in 2020, there could be a middle ground for the two sides somewhere. Perhaps New England can offer Brady a contract that pays him a respectable amount in 2020 and 2021 while giving them salary cap flexibility to improve the roster around him. That is what he has done throughout his entire career, and we’ve already heard rumblings about the Pats potentially making a run at a star wide receiver. It’s quite possible that Brady’s and Belichick’s interests are more aligned than many are making it seem.

This is what I've been saying.
I believe this has been the plan all along.
The only reason they haven't committed publicly?

They are trying to draw a tampering penalty from another team.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the combine before the draft makes a lot of sense. If TB is all about staying in NE for two more years, and if he does not crush the cap and if that allows the Pats to put some talent around him, and if he will adjust his play then great sign the man.

Agreed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is a lot of “ifs”

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I've been saying.
I believe this has been the plan all along.
The only reason they haven't committed publicly?

They are trying to draw a tampering penalty from another team.
I thought tampering was allowed since "everybody does it".

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News and reporters please kindly STFU!

Everyone just writing sh%t just to write it