• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report Pats could be willing to spend $30 mill to keep Brady

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tags could be in play for a lot of these guys, too. Especially this year if there’s not a new CBA in place before FA starts, as teams will be able to use a franchise tag and a transition tag, so eg the Cowboys could franchise Dak and also transition tag Cooper. And the TE tag number is going to be low enough that ATL and LAC could easily tag Hooper and Henry.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him wanting talent, but I don't see him thinking RK or BB is unwilling.
They brought in AB, but nobody saw the shitshow that was going to be
Then they brought in Sanu who had a GREAT first game before suffering a bad ankle sprain that screwed him for the rest of the season.

True... But are they (Kraft and BB) willing to try again and bring in "talent" for Brady

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady HAS to sign before March 18th. If he doesn't then the patriots will not be able to use him as a magnet. If he's signed then AJ Green, Amari Cooper and others may be much more interested in signing with the Patriots.

If TB wants a mega contract, then it's over.
Exactly.

If TB wants to stay, and wants help, he needs to sign a cap friendly deal now, this way the Pats no how much cap space they have to play with.

Vet Min if it's all about another shot at the SB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody saw the shit show that was going to be, the Pats just ignored it.

How's that saying go? To close to the forest to see the trees?

In the past three years, the Patriots have had between 12 and 18 players every year on the IR. It almost seems that BB is so confident in those players that he drafts players with previous injuries because he thinks that they will either make the team or be ready in a year. Then more than one of them actually gets injured and it becomes a time management thing. In the past, he was able to get away with it, but the well ran dry in 2019. Will the groundwater be adequate enough to take chances in the 2020 draft? It the well deep enough to just bull forward in 2020?

As a couple of guys have reasonably stated previously, the Patriots shouldn't screw around. They need to present Brady with a max deal and if signs it, great. If he doesn't, start making the moves they need to make. Playing a game if this, then that, doesn't always work. It's almost unnerving for committed fans to be forced to wait for a move that should be easy to get done.

"Tom. This is the best that we can do for you and be able to make other moves that will help you. If you can fit this into your plans, great. If not, thank you for everything you've given to the team and fans of NE."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him wanting talent, but I don't see him thinking RK or BB is unwilling.
They brought in AB, but nobody saw the shitshow that was going to be
Then they brought in Sanu who had a GREAT first game before suffering a bad ankle sprain that screwed him for the rest of the season.

Everybody saw the shit show that was going to be, the Pats just ignored it.

How's that saying go? To close to the forest to see the trees?

In the past three years, the Patriots have had between 12 and 18 players every year on the IR. It almost seems that BB is so confident in those players that he drafts players with previous injuries because he thinks that they will either make the team or be ready in a year. Then more than one of them actually gets injured and it becomes a time management thing. In the past, he was able to get away with it, but the well ran dry in 2019. Will the groundwater be adequate enough to take chances in the 2020 draft? It the well deep enough to just bull forward in 2020?

As a couple of guys have reasonably stated previously, the Patriots shouldn't screw around. They need to present Brady with a max deal and if signs it, great. If he doesn't, start making the moves they need to make. Playing a game if this, then that, doesn't always work. It's almost unnerving for committed fans to be forced to wait for a move that should be easy to get done.

"Tom. This is the best that we can do for you and be able to make other moves that will help you. If you can fit this into your plans, great. If not, thank you for everything you've given to the team and fans of NE."
You do realize we were talking about the AB Shit Show? Hell everyone but the Pats saw it, it's been talked about at great length.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is a gamble.
It's all about balancing your aversion to risk with potential outcome.

Has Bill signed people with prior injuries that have failed to produce? Yes.
Has Bill signed people with prior injuries that have panned out? Yes.
Has Bill signed malcontent head cases that have had to be cut/released? Yes.
Has Bill signed malcontent head cases that have gone on to have great careers with the Pats? Yes.
Has Bill played hardball with players to have them leave and produce for another team. Yes.
Has Bill proven himself a master at juggling the cap and keeping the team at the peak of the AFC? Yes.

Bill gambles how Bill gambles. And he has proven himself a great one at that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Boston radio host is sure about one thing — Tom Brady isn’t going to be wearing a Patriots jersey this year.

“I believe the Patriots are 100 percent done,” retired Patriots tight end Christian Fauria said of Brady on WEEI’s “Ordway, Merloni & Fauria.” “I think the Patriots are okay and ready to move on.”

That came after Fauria, a former teammate of Brady’s, said he believes there’s a “99.6 percent” chance that Brady leaves New England.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it when I see it.

Whether that is Brady in a Pats Uniform , or Brady in any other uniform.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report came out today that the NY Giants will be a player for Brady.

Of course, no team can contact any player or agent, but that doesn't stop agents from making a call here and there.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, no team can contact any player or agent, but that doesn't stop agents from making a call here and there.
Seems like a decent fit... It's close to home

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants doesn't make any sense to me. They just spent a high draft pick for a Young quarterback.

I've thought all along that the Chargers makes the most sense. They have some offensive weapons that would appeal to Brady. And his name could help them sell some tickets. And get some fan base built up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought all along that the Chargers makes the most sense. They have some offensive weapons that would appeal to Brady. And his name could help them sell some tickets. And get some fan base built up.

You have to remember that it's not just Brady. His wife has a huge say in where he signs. She has a multi-billion dollar fashion and cosmetic empire that's constantly expanding. I'm 1000% sure that Miami, NY and Las Vegas are much more appealing to her, considering that she takes home 25 times as much as TB.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants doesn't make any sense to me. They just spent a high draft pick for a Young quarterback.
This. Not to mention their OL is worse than the Pats’ and are similarly (though not quite as bad) lacking in weapons. I don’t see any way Gettleman punts on Jones for a vet QB. Especially not for the guy Giants fans consider inferior to Eli.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Bucs make the most sense. Loaded at WR good run game, solid D winnable division

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember that it's not just Brady. His wife has a huge say in where he signs. She has a multi-billion dollar fashion and cosmetic empire that's constantly expanding. I'm 1000% sure that Miami, NY and Las Vegas are much more appealing to her, considering that she takes home 25 times as much as TB.

LA isn't good for celebrities?