• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report Pats could be willing to spend $30 mill to keep Brady

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I wouldn’t pay Brady that. Too me he is just an average QB. I don’t see him magically getting better. I’d rather they spend that money on Hopper and an OLineman. Give Stidham a chance. I love Brady, but I love the Patriots more.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF it does, Belichick will no longer be the Head Coach of the New England Patriots.

He's got a maximum of $44M to work with under the cap. Give Brady $30M of that and this team will be in the shitter worse that 2019. Belichick isn't going to stay if Kraft throws away the team.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots 2020 Salary Cap

Brady wants a nice parting deal but also has to realize for his hopes to be made whole there has to be a lot of wheeling and dealing to at least put some offensive weapons around him, that alone will be out there maybe unattainable at this stage. so maybe this little olive branch from the Pats will show Brady yes they want you, but hopefully he will take that into consideration and the 2 sides can come to some agreement to please all. \

if you scan that site above also for other teams and see some fa the pats need at certain positions say like TE look at Henry and Hopper they will not be cheap. so if you make a list of who you want you can see what is needed and what is possible. Brady knows this so lets se what he does,

his best bet is still in NE but he will have to work well both side will have to work real hard and will have to have a lot of give and take to keep sides on the same page and goal of winning.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care.
Pay the man $30 mil a year if he is using a walker for all I care.
He has done so much for the team and the sport it would be good to see some loyalty returned.
If he goes, I appreciate everything and still don't care.

Thank you Tom.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care.
He has done so much for the team and the sport it would be good to see some loyalty returned.

Thank you Tom.
Kind of an enigma... If he takes Manning money he's not being the team player we have always appreciated.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care.

Thank you Tom.
Don't care....
if he is using a walker for all I care.
Loved this .....agree with your thoughts. Still worried because businesses don't usually work this way.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but TB12 at this age is not a 30 mil a year QB. And you should not manage a team on emotions. if the deal is team friendly sing him if not. Thanks for the memories.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but TB12 at this age is not a 30 mil a year QB. And you should not manage a team on emotions. if the deal is team friendly sing him if not. Thanks for the memories.
I may be translating this wrong, but the sentiment to pay Tom isn't about whether or not it's too much money but rather if we aint winning it all we might as well give Tom his back pay.

I see it differently. If we're ready to move forward with Stidham then keeping Tom hurts the team long term. If we're going to be looking for another rookie then keep Tom and give him his back pay. A transition year with a $30 m bite isn't difficult to overcome.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be translating this wrong, but the sentiment to pay Tom isn't about whether or not it's too much money but rather if we aint winning it all we might as well give Tom his back pay.

I see it differently. If we're ready to move forward with Stidham then keeping Tom hurts the team long term. If we're going to be looking for another rookie then keep Tom and give him his back pay. A transition year with a $30 m bite isn't difficult to overcome.

You pay TB 30 mill your cap is dead, which means a few key players they may want to re-sign are gone, you have little room to bring in any FA, we have limited draft stock and glaring needs at multiple positions. I don't see this team being aw SB contender next year so giving that contract to Brady delay's the inevitable the fact they need to rebuild the team around a new QB. The longer you delay that the worse it gets.

Now if TB wants to sign a three year deal with a trade clause and we can trade him gain some draft stock next year and start the rebuild okay, I am cool with that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't become a billionaire making emotional decisions. You make the hard ones and live with it. Generally, the most difficult decisions are the ones that pay off with the greatest ROI (Return On Investment). Paying Brady $30M is equal to burning money. $30M plus the $13.5 dead cap hit is $43.5M or nearly 22% of the cap. With the needs of this team, spending money for Brady to feel better is suicide. The team will be worse than 2019 and the future will be more difficult because even more problems will exist by the end of 2020 and even if the Patriots had $150M in cap space, they wouldn't be able to repair the damage.

Eventually, Brady will be gone. The smart money says that 'eventually' is now.

Thanks Tom. It's been a great twenty years and we appreciate every thing you did. May you have success in all of your future ventures. Bye.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.......Would you sign Brady for 1 year for thirty million OR sign Thuney for three years for $45M with a $(M upfront bonus and guarantee $30M of the $45M? And possibly sign Hunter Henry for 3 years at $30M with $6M upfront bonus and guarantee $20M? Working that thirty into three or four players is a lot more beneficial in the "long" term than a "feel good" $30M to Brady.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thuney’s a good player but $15m a year would be bananas money for him. That’s elite LT money. He may get that on the open market, but I don’t see the Pats giving him that.

I’d also expect Henry to top $10m per on the open market. Not sure why he’d take a discount to move across country and play with an unknown QB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thuney’s a good player but $15m a year would be bananas money for him. That’s elite LT money. He may get

Elite LTs are now in $20M per range. Thuney would be well worth $15M-$18M. Or would you rather replace him with a $3M Joe Pickup?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no OL currently making 20 per. Lane Johnson is the highest-paid OL at 18. Taylor Lewan is the highest paid LT at 16. Only a few guards are over 13, and none as high as 15.

If they wouldn’t pay their last two starting LT’s to hit FA at that level, I highly doubt they’ll go there for Thuney. Guards are pretty fungible.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$30M plus the $13.5 dead cap hit is $43.5M or nearly 22% of the cap.
Why do you keep bringing up the $13.5 million? It's gone and is not coming back. Brady already earned it and it's gone. It has nothing to do with any future decision because it's not tied to the 2020 QB situation, it's tied to dead money from a previous season. How it got there is not relevant.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I secure Thuney before Brady for sure. If we can get him to ink now, it will save cap space later as the cap hit on LTs increases. That's the smart money;

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't become a billionaire making emotional decisions. You make the hard ones and live with it.
Wrong. You give the customer what they want.

The customer wants a champ every year. But nobody can promise that.

Since they can't have that, they may want a demonstration of loyalty.

I'm not saying I know what's best here.