• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report Pats could be willing to spend $30 mill to keep Brady

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That attitude will make you the Jets.....
Yeah
Ummm no that is not allowed. The Broncos have dibs on him. I think there is a chance because of the bad play around him that he could end up being the steal of free agency.
Because very few teams have scouts that would come to the same conclusion?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah

Because very few teams have scouts that would come to the same conclusion?

Let's just say scouts are not always the best and brightest around. There are some teams with great scouting departments and others that well if there is a place on the team that higher out of nepotism it is the scouting department.

And yes there are some weird bumps that happen for whatever reason. Think about the Super Bowl winning team. I think the Patriots have seen this plenty of their players getting way overpaid because well they were on a championship team.

Same can be said of an entire unit especially the OL that if the rest of the unit looks bad then it is tough to always evaluate an individual. I would add there will be some bigger name guys on the market leading to Thuney possibly being in that 2nd tier of OL taken in FA meaning more deals within actual value of the player.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say scouts are not always the best and brightest around. There are some teams with great scouting departments and others that well if there is a place on the team that higher out of nepotism it is the scouting department.

And yes there are some weird bumps that happen for whatever reason. Think about the Super Bowl winning team. I think the Patriots have seen this plenty of their players getting way overpaid because well they were on a championship team.

Same can be said of an entire unit especially the OL that if the rest of the unit looks bad then it is tough to always evaluate an individual. I would add there will be some bigger name guys on the market leading to Thuney possibly being in that 2nd tier of OL taken in FA meaning more deals within actual value of the player.
I wasn't trying to discuss the quality of scouting. It's my opinion every team knows Thuney's skills, competence, drive and ability to execute. I don't think last season's results for the entire OL will alter their opinion beyond what he deserves.

If he gets overpaid it will be because of shortage of similar caliber players on the market. If he gets underpaid it'll be because of a surplus of similar caliber players on the market.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets overpaid it will be because of shortage of similar caliber players on the market. If he gets underpaid it'll be because of a surplus of similar caliber players on the market.

How many people thought that Trent Brown would get a contract like he did? Who would have believed that Cousins would get a fully guaranteed contract? I'll make this prediction right now.....If Brady goes to the Raiders, Thuney will be on Brady's left along with Trent Brown. "So it has been said, so it shall be written."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to discuss the quality of scouting. It's my opinion every team knows Thuney's skills, competence, drive and ability to execute. I don't think last season's results for the entire OL will alter their opinion beyond what he deserves.

I would say it is a bit more complicated than what you have it at there. Heck last year the OG pool was small but the 2nd best guy hitting the market only got a 2-year deal worth up to $9 million as a lot of it was in incentives. Compare that to top guard that hit the market that got a 4-year/$44 million deal.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is sure how the $30M for Brady got started or who started. One thing for sure is that Robert and Johnathan Kraft are pissed about it. It's making negotiations with Brady and Don Yee near impossible because the whole thing is supposedly untrue. According to Yee, when he heard it, he immediately called BB and he knew nothing about it. BB called RK and he said it wasn't him or Johnathan. Yee said that he heard it came from within the organization and since no one will admit or knows, the number is has been set as the starting point.

Tom Brady has said that money is not an issue. So what is?? Veteran FA signings? Is Tom willing to sell the patriots to FAs and stay for nickels on a dollar??

Tom Curran said that this now seems to be an internal thing and internal means a Patriots upper-level manager. Kraft? J. Kraft? BB? Caserio? someone farted in church and the smell is lingering.

It's 2/9 and BB said that this would be settled before 3/10. Right now it doesn't look like anyone can even talk to anyone else.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is sure how the $30M for Brady got started or who started.

First, at least two people are 100% sure. Second, most of know it's a plant to shake things up. The Pats may have planted it to feign outrage. Another source may have done it to create turmoil.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fucking care anymore. TB is not a 30 mil a year QB so IMO the starting point is Vet Min.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fucking care anymore. TB is not a 30 mil a year QB so IMO the starting point is Vet Min.
Why do I sense Phil Collins was playing in the background while you were posting?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now reports are that the $30 million aren't even true.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reports are that the $30 million aren't even true.
Exactly.

Look if we can get TB for 13 or 14 mil a year and get him the help he needs cool, give it a try. If he wants a three year deal fine sign it with a trade clause.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Look if we can get TB for 13 or 14 mil a year and get him the help he needs cool, give it a try. If he wants a three year deal fine sign it with a trade clause.

I don't think it's about the money for Tom at all. It's the "unwillingness" (in his mind) to surround him with talent

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's about the money for Tom at all. It's the "unwillingness" (in his mind) to surround him with talent
And they can make a play for talent until they know how much he is willing to sign for, they have to know what his deal will cost against the cap.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see him wanting talent, but I don't see him thinking RK or BB is unwilling.
They brought in AB, but nobody saw the shitshow that was going to be
Then they brought in Sanu who had a GREAT first game before suffering a bad ankle sprain that screwed him for the rest of the season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him wanting talent, but I don't see him thinking RK or BB is unwilling.
They brought in AB, but nobody saw the shitshow that was going to be
Then they brought in Sanu who had a GREAT first game before suffering a bad ankle sprain that screwed him for the rest of the season.

Everybody saw the shit show that was going to be, the Pats just ignored it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady HAS to sign before March 18th. If he doesn't then the patriots will not be able to use him as a magnet. If he's signed then AJ Green, Amari Cooper and others may be much more interested in signing with the Patriots.

If TB wants a mega contract, then it's over.