• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reinforcements

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
49ers Blog and Q&A: Reinforcements coming: Carradine, Dial, Manningham -- even Crabtree -- close to joining 49ers

Desperately needed. My thoughts on the roster changes:

Carradine in, Dobbs out. It seems Jerod Eddie has leap-frogged Dobbs. Dobbs has shown preseason promise, but hasn't had an impact in games.

Manningham in, Moore out. Moore has been a pretty big disappointment after he looked quite promising in camp. He's dead weight right now.

Wright in, Morris out. Morris should be safe going back to the PS, though Asomugha may be at risk, too, if he doesn't bounce back.

Dial in, not sure who is out. There's no clear substitution here, as we never replaced Williams. One of the STs guys, presumably? Stupar?

It would be grim news if McDonald is out for any length of time, but we're in a pretty unique position where we're looking at adding some quality players mid-season.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nnamdi could be odd man out with Brock looking great two games in a row. How much is it the qbs he's faced tho?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nnamdi could be odd man out with Brock looking great two games in a row. How much is it the qbs he's faced tho?

Yeah, I think there's a legit chance of that. But we're pretty heavy at CB, regardless, so Morris may be in some trouble.

Would have been nice to keep Marcus Cooper over, say, Ventrone. At least Cooper had the size to be a valuable STs contributor.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crabs had his achilles tear/surgery in late May.......hard to believe he'd be back before January. Used to be a solid one-year injury, and while no doubt things have improved vastly with recoveries and such in recent years, as far as I know that would set a new standard for recovery from that particular injury.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I hope not. Nnamdi played well against Green Bay on my opinion. Even when Jordy Nelson was terrorizing us, he always seemed to be in great position it's just that the reciever won the battle. The effort was there, it's a game of inches and I always thought he would rebound well and find his role on the team. If we lose Brown or Rogers, I do not have much faith in Cox or Eric Wright (he's still an unknown...). The way injury is affecting us, we better not gamgle by releasing Nnamdi. We'd be fools!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
neither Carradine nor Dial participated in OTA's, TC, or Pre-season games. so can't see them coming into games and making a difference? if we want view them as more players, more "reinforcements", ok, but wouldn't be expecting much from them.

as it stands now, rather we go with Jerrod-Eddie and Dobbs.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither Carradine nor Dial participated in OTA's, TC, or Pre-season games. so can't see them coming into games and making a difference? if we want view them as more players, more "reinforcements", ok, but wouldn't be expecting much from them.

Dobbs provides nothing I'm sure tank and dial could provide that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

A lot. Let's not kid ourselves. Cudos to Brock, but let's not think this is going to be the norm for him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the hits we're getting at DL... the DL resupply is needed and hopefullyt Tank n Dial can stay healthy.... Tank is someone I can't wait to see rushing the passer.... if all the talks about him are accurate, then we should see our pass rush improve.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carradine in, Dobbs out. It seems Jerod Eddie has leap-frogged Dobbs. Dobbs has shown preseason promise, but hasn't had an impact in games.

Dobbs looked like he was getting manhandled against the texans too. (noticeably in the run game) I noticed him a few times, and because he wears an odd number for the position, knew it was him right away. I dont think he offers us much at all.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Tank play.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

They were there for the meetings, watching practice, etc. That's obviously not close to the same thing, but Carradine was being talked about as a mid-first round pick before the injury. He's highly unlikely to replace McDonald if we lose Ray for an extended period, but he should be better than Dobbs fairly early on in his career.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You just give those guys simple assignments and throw them in there to rotate guys.

That's pretty much what we did with Aldon Smith when a lot of offseason time was lost due to the lockout and on passing downs we pretty much put had him pin his ears back and just go get the QB and not worry about anything else.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want crabtree to rush back. we need a healthy crabtree.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont want crabtree to rush back. we need a healthy crabtree.

Agreed. I'd much rather have him wait a few more weeks and come back healthy than rush back. I think we probably lose at NO regardless, and the other games prior to the Hawks I don't think he makes or breaks. Maybe ease him in with a few plays against Washington if he's ready.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dial, who Harbaugh said was up to 340-350 pounds, would play nose tackle.

How did he get so big so quick? I thought he was a 5 technique end, not a NT. But this is good news for me for a lot of reasons.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crabs had his achilles tear/surgery in late May.......hard to believe he'd be back before January. Used to be a solid one-year injury, and while no doubt things have improved vastly with recoveries and such in recent years, as far as I know that would set a new standard for recovery from that particular injury.

Sheesh.....to rebut my own comment, I hadn't realized that Suggs came back in 5 months from his achilles tear. Nevermind everything I said. I guess between amazing doctors and insane determination they can do some incredible things these days.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did he get so big so quick? I thought he was a 5 technique end, not a NT. But this is good news for me for a lot of reasons.

I always thought he was the NT for us... but that weight is huge... hope its healthy weight lol...

I guess its good news for me as well... I've been ranting for a NT for the obvious... hopefully Dial can get in there quickly and be a huge force up the middle. Isn't he like 6'5 too?