• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1: vs. Tampa Bay

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this LB out of Toledo, Tuzar Skipper, is quite intriguing. :hmm:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to thank @FaCe-LeE-uS for texting me after the game and twisting the knife after i said james washington would bust yesterday. he looked good. I think they forced to him. But he looked totally different. That keeps up, look out. I'll happilly eat my crow. Funny reports from camp werent good.

Rudolph looked special. To me. Again, camp reports not great? but yeah..........

Devin Bush. Wow.

Adeniyi looked good

hargaves i think may be on the bubble

ulysses looked good

layne did not

benny snell looked like i thought he would coming out of the draft...............hope im wrong

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs... A+. My word the competition is going to be fierce for the next 3 preseason games. Hodges is the real deal. Time for Colbert to start shopping Dobbs.

RBs... B. Samuels looked good, so did Edmunds. Jaylen looks much faster. Snell looked like a rookie. Slow & indecisive. But I think he’ll bounce back.

WRs... A-. Washington is gonna have himself a year, but I still think Crief takes WR2. But man did Washington show some great poise out there. The 43yd play & later the back shoulder TD showed impressive body control. Holton impressed me. So did Spencer.

O-line... C+. Decent depth pieces but inconsistent. Luckily Dobbs has good scrambling skills.

TE... C. Didn’t see Grimble block much. Gentry did, and as suspected didn’t look very good.

D-line... C. Starting group got manhandled, granted they were without Tuitt & Hey. Buggs has good burst and hand work, but he struggled to shed blocks with consistency.

LBs... Wow what a welcome sight Bush was. He looks like a serious DROY candidate. Kid was everywhere. Ola looked like the stud we have been hearing about. Chick didn’t do much so I think Ola is going to leapfrog him if he keeps it up. Skipper & Gilbert looked great! Looking forward to seeing more from them.

DBs... D. Not a good look from anyone really. Layne has a looooong way to go. But it looks like the coaches were telling him to play soft & (the dreaded) “just keep the play in front of him”. Bend but don’t break. Death by a thousand first downs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm what
First drive of the game he was getting devoured. Missed a few tackles, and was out of position on a few coverage plays. All of that was covered up by his stat sheet though.

I woulda given him a B grade though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to thank @FaCe-LeE-uS for texting me after the game and twisting the knife after i said james washington would bust yesterday. he looked good. I think they forced to him. But he looked totally different. That keeps up, look out. I'll happilly eat my crow. Funny reports from camp werent good.

Rudolph looked special. To me. Again, camp reports not great? but yeah..........

Devin Bush. Wow.

Adeniyi looked good

hargaves i think may be on the bubble

ulysses looked good

layne did not

benny snell looked like i thought he would coming out of the draft...............hope im wrong

Unless something major has changed...Hargrave will get extended I think.

Rudolph is the #2, but Dobbs showed enough to start getting interest around the league.

Washington...I was still optimistic, but in show me mode...he showed me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs... A+. My word the competition is going to be fierce for the next 3 preseason games. Hodges is the real deal. Time for Colbert to start shopping Dobbs.

RBs... B. Samuels looked good, so did Edmunds. Jaylen looks much faster. Snell looked like a rookie. Slow & indecisive. But I think he’ll bounce back.

WRs... A-. Washington is gonna have himself a year, but I still think Crief takes WR2. But man did Washington show some great poise out there. The 43yd play & later the back shoulder TD showed impressive body control. Holton impressed me. So did Spencer.

O-line... C+. Decent depth pieces but inconsistent. Luckily Dobbs has good scrambling skills.

TE... C. Didn’t see Grimble block much. Gentry did, and as suspected didn’t look very good.

D-line... C. Starting group got manhandled, granted they were without Tuitt & Hey. Buggs has good burst and hand work, but he struggled to shed blocks with consistency.

LBs... Wow what a welcome sight Bush was. He looks like a serious DROY candidate. Kid was everywhere. Ola looked like the stud we have been hearing about. Chick didn’t do much so I think Ola is going to leapfrog him if he keeps it up. Skipper & Gilbert looked great! Looking forward to seeing more from them.

DBs... D. Not a good look from anyone really. Layne has a looooong way to go. But it looks like the coaches were telling him to play soft & (the dreaded) “just keep the play in front of him”. Bend but don’t break. Death by a thousand first downs.

My radio play by play plan was cut short...wouldn't work on my tablet and my laptop is dead.

I actually think it was on NFL network and I no longer get that so I semi-followed the gamecast online.

QBs...yep. All 3 looked pretty good. I don't want to say it's a wrap, but Rudolph is going to win the #2 job, and with his legs and arm, with the wee bit of experience somebody will call about a backup role for Dobbs now....and with Hodges 1st showing, the Steelers can afford to let him go.

RBs...Snell is the odd RB out is going to get another look but I wonder how much ZBS he has run behind?

WRs...just the kind of game Washington needed from a confidence perspective. Thoughts on Tevin Jones?

TEs...Hopefully Gentry will be decent enough blocking to earn some RZ snaps.

OL...kinda what I expected, inconsistent.

DL...Did Buggs play any nose? Or all DE?

LB...Maybe this group is finally getting some depth with Ola, and Gilbert...Dirty Red was already a lock...a strip sack only cemented it. I'm already on record that Ola will be the OLB3.

DB...mostly what I expected from Layne...don't give up anything deep.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My radio play by play plan was cut short...wouldn't work on my tablet and my laptop is dead.

I actually think it was on NFL network and I no longer get that so I semi-followed the gamecast online.

QBs...yep. All 3 looked pretty good. I don't want to say it's a wrap, but Rudolph is going to win the #2 job, and with his legs and arm, with the wee bit of experience somebody will call about a backup role for Dobbs now....and with Hodges 1st showing, the Steelers can afford to let him go.

RBs...Snell is the odd RB out is going to get another look but I wonder how much ZBS he has run behind?

WRs...just the kind of game Washington needed from a confidence perspective. Thoughts on Tevin Jones?

TEs...Hopefully Gentry will be decent enough blocking to earn some RZ snaps.

OL...kinda what I expected, inconsistent.

DL...Did Buggs play any nose? Or all DE?

LB...Maybe this group is finally getting some depth with Ola, and Gilbert...Dirty Red was already a lock...a strip sack only cemented it. I'm already on record that Ola will be the OLB3.

DB...mostly what I expected from Layne...don't give up anything deep.
Snell... I thought Kentucky ran ZBS exclusively? Could be wrong but I thought I had read that somewhere.

T Jones... Consistent piece, but lower ceiling IMO.

Buggs... I think I saw him lineup at DT once or twice. He looked better outside than inside.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something major has changed...Hargrave will get extended I think.

Rudolph is the #2, but Dobbs showed enough to start getting interest around the league.

Washington...I was still optimistic, but in show me mode...he showed me.
dobbs had trade interest last year

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell... I thought Kentucky ran ZBS exclusively? Could be wrong but I thought I had read that somewhere.

T Jones... Consistent piece, but lower ceiling IMO.

Buggs... I think I saw him lineup at DT once or twice. He looked better outside than inside.

Snell...oh...in that case, hopefully it was 1st game gitters.

Jones...noted, not one that we can look for to make the 53.

Buggs...now I understand why I'm hearing McCullers is a lock.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i agree, i just mean if he had interest last year, his intersest i would assume is greater this year

Oh...yeah.

As teams start to trim down rosters I can see him moving. Good kid, not sure how long he will play in the NFL, (I assume as long as they will pay him...lol) but certainly smart enough to make a decent quality of life outside of football.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odd that Buggs had such a high grade. Didn't see much from him that jumped out at me. He controlled his gaps, which much have a heavy weight in this grade.

@ATL96Steeler

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are liking this UG3 kid a lot. Sutton needs to get healthy quick.
Agreed. Smith has an uphill battle, but if he doesn't make the 53 then I don't see him lasting long on the PS.