• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1: vs. Tampa Bay

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're a mere 3 days away from kicking off the season so let's get this party started, shall we?

Offense...
Positions I'll be watching: QB2, RBs, WRs, TE

Well I'm expecting Dobbs to get the start. We'll have to wait & see how many offensive series he will get. I'm guessing 3-4 before Rudolph steps in. Don't think we will see a 50-50 split between the two just yet, because Hodges should get some work. They split things evenly last preseason week 1 with Landry, Dobbs & Rudolph. Granted the newcomer Rudolph was a high end draft pick. With so much focus on the QB2 this year I think we are in for a lot more of just Dobbs & Rudolph. And maybe they want to premier those guys to create trade-bait if Hodges really is impressing. Not expecting anything more than maybe 1 series from Conner. So who's going to get the bulk after that? My bets are on Benny Snell. They know what they have in Samuels and I get the feeling they want to get Snell quickly up to speed. Rodgers, Switzer & Johnson will be interesting to watch. But most eyes will be on Washington. A lot has been said about him making the leap this year, which should be readily evident from the start if its true. Hoping they keep McDonald on the sidelines and let Grimble be the focus. He has a lot to prove in a very little amount of time.

Defense...
Positions I'll be watching: ILB, OLB, DB, DT

Bush should steal the show. But I'm ready to see Barron fight for reps, and of course see Ola dominate the edge. Also hoping camp darlings Ulysees Gilbert & Tuzar Skipper turn some heads. Are we going to see some talent emerge from the DBs. Kameron Kelly, Dravon Askew-Henry, PJ Locke, etc. Some unknown names back there getting some hype during camp. On the D-line I'm mainly interested in Isaiah Buggs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're a mere 3 days away from kicking off the season so let's get this party started, shall we?

Offense...
Positions I'll be watching: QB2, RBs, WRs, TE

Well I'm expecting Dobbs to get the start. We'll have to wait & see how many offensive series he will get. I'm guessing 3-4 before Rudolph steps in. Don't think we will see a 50-50 split between the two just yet, because Hodges should get some work. They split things evenly last preseason week 1 with Landry, Dobbs & Rudolph. Granted the newcomer Rudolph was a high end draft pick. With so much focus on the QB2 this year I think we are in for a lot more of just Dobbs & Rudolph. And maybe they want to premier those guys to create trade-bait if Hodges really is impressing. Not expecting anything more than maybe 1 series from Conner. So who's going to get the bulk after that? My bets are on Benny Snell. They know what they have in Samuels and I get the feeling they want to get Snell quickly up to speed. Rodgers, Switzer & Johnson will be interesting to watch. But most eyes will be on Washington. A lot has been said about him making the leap this year, which should be readily evident from the start if its true. Hoping they keep McDonald on the sidelines and let Grimble be the focus. He has a lot to prove in a very little amount of time.

Defense...
Positions I'll be watching: ILB, OLB, DB, DT

Bush should steal the show. But I'm ready to see Barron fight for reps, and of course see Ola dominate the edge. Also hoping camp darlings Ulysees Gilbert & Tuzar Skipper turn some heads. Are we going to see some talent emerge from the DBs. Kameron Kelly, Dravon Askew-Henry, PJ Locke, etc. Some unknown names back there getting some hype during camp. On the D-line I'm mainly interested in Isaiah Buggs.

Most likely will be online radio play by play call for me. On both sides of the ball I've highlighted the number of the players of the players I'm focused on. Many of the same names you've mentioned.

OL, #1s...I'm assuming will go at least a series or two so it's be interesting to see how the OL reserves play.

QB...some pressure on Rudolph I think to prove he really should be the #2...Hodges should get some snaps...if all 3 play reasonably well all preseason, I think Dobbs might get traded to a team in need of a #2.

RB...this group is pretty much set imo...no question Snell Jr should get a large share of the snaps....will Sutton take any snaps at FB?

CB/DB...I'm curious to see how Burns plays....I'm not expecting much from Layne in this one. Kelly probably is going to start so we should get some idea of his game that has gotten good response so far.

ILB..my expectation of Bush is not to replace Shazier...make the routine plays in run support and coverage...i.e. just do your job....splash plays will come.

OLB...Ola, Ola, Ola

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL...agree with you...Buggs is what I want to see.

ST...I saw where MT plans to alternate kickers...I expect Bos to leave camp as the kicker.

Tomlin 'Working With The Intentions' Of Getting Devlin Hodges Playing Time, Says Moments 'Haven't Been Too Big For Him' - Steelers Depot
We’ve known all along it was Boz’s job to lose, but Tomlin did a pretty poor job of providing quality competition. This Wright kid has a soft leg. And Berry has done nothing to earn his spot yet they paid him to be the starter. Haven’t heard anything about Berryman yet.

Hodges... Ideal scenario is using one as trade bait. Really hope they all show out well tomorrow. Drive the stock up!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve known all along it was Boz’s job to lose, but Tomlin did a pretty poor job of providing quality competition. This Wright kid has a soft leg. And Berry has done nothing to earn his spot yet they paid him to be the starter. Haven’t heard anything about Berryman yet.

Hodges... Ideal scenario is using one as trade bait. Really hope they all show out well tomorrow. Drive the stock up!!

It doesn't seem like they're going to have the OL ones intact tonight...according to this.

Long List Of Steelers Players Likely To Sit Out Team's Preseason Opener Against Buccaneers - Steelers Depot

No Pouncey, DeCastro, or AVil….might be tougher to evaluate the QB/RB/WR play.

Probably won't see much of Burns either I guess (groin) but Layne is listed as did not finish practice and Haden is out so Nelson and probably Sutton will get a lot of snaps.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake up, jagoffs, it's game day

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem like they're going to have the OL ones intact tonight...according to this.

Long List Of Steelers Players Likely To Sit Out Team's Preseason Opener Against Buccaneers - Steelers Depot

No Pouncey, DeCastro, or AVil….might be tougher to evaluate the QB/RB/WR play.

Probably won't see much of Burns either I guess (groin) but Layne is listed as did not finish practice and Haden is out so Nelson and probably Sutton will get a lot of snaps.
Well they should be functional behind Finney, Feiler & Foster.... the triple F! Been hearing good things about the big kid Brumfield. Pretty sure that’s his name.

So on offense they are likely headlining Dobbs & Snell. With WRs Washington, Johnson, Switz, Rogers, Spencer, etc.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Washington

:markmay:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph looked excellent tonight

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he missed that last 3rd down pass, Diontae Spencer looks like a keeper to me. I know it's only preseason game 1, but he has good vision and body control.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am so frickin' pumped at what to expect from James Washington in year 2