• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

reid and harbaugh

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apparently he won't call it anything. Guess this falls into the category of a specific question about the draft that deep won't answer.

Doesn't that just make it a sentence with a "?" at the end? He doesn't answer any questions.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he won't call it anything. Guess this falls into the category of a specific question about the draft that deep won't answer.

Doesn't that just make it a sentence with a "?" at the end? He doesn't answer any questions.

Deep loves to use the question marks that aren't used as real questions (just softening statements that he isn't sure of), so much so that if he were banned or started another account, you could spot him by the style, if not for the content. Though, I'd think we'd be able to figure it out content wise, too? (Unless he were trying to hide, I suppose? I tried using his "?" style here a bit. I need to work on it? I mean, I would need to work on it if I wanted to imitate it better.)

BTW, Deep, this isn't meant as an insult to your posting style, it's just an observation we've all made?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Deep loves to use the question marks that aren't used as real questions (just softening statements that he isn't sure of), so much so that if he were banned or started another account, you could spot him by the style, if not for the content. Though, I'd think we'd be able to figure it out content wise, too? (Unless he were trying to hide, I suppose? I tried using his "?" style here a bit. I need to work on it? I mean, I would need to work on it if I wanted to imitate it better.)

BTW, Deep, this isn't meant as an insult to your posting style, it's just an observation we've all made?

I wasn't referencing his posting style, although I see how you could get that from my post. I was referencing his tendency to disappear from a thread whenever he's asked a direct question. Every. Time.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't referencing his posting style, although I see how you could get that from my post. I was referencing his tendency to disappear from a thread whenever he's asked a direct question. Every. Time.

Thats the gamesmanship I was refering too...

He has the answer but loves to string it out. Deep is the 'devils addivocate' in most of the conversations. And I can appreciate that...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I didn't mean to infer that you were, but I can see how you could get that from what I said. Damn, I even thought about clarifying that but forgot when I started trying to add my own Deepisms.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has the answer but loves to string it out. Deep is the 'devils addivocate' in most of the conversations. And I can appreciate that...

Crimsoncrew loves to play devil's advocate and when someone says something that he agrees with but is contrary to what he posted, he'll admit to playing it.

It'd be funny to have two people playing devil's advocate in an argument, if neither knew the other was doing so - they'd technically still disagree but be arguing the other's point.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Not in my experience. Deep rarely actually takes a stand on anything, and particularly the draft.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not in my experience. Deep rarely actually takes a stand on anything, and particularly the draft.

Exactly...

But just because he isn't revealing his true stance doesn't mean he isn't making a point. His veiws are usualy head scratchers that make you think about a situation and just maybe that is his point. Hence the question mark after every statement...

Again, something I can appreciate...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly...

But just because he isn't revealing his true stance doesn't mean he isn't making a point. His veiws are usualy head scratchers that make you think about a situation and just maybe that is his point. Hence the question mark after every statement...

Again, something I can appreciate...

He doesn't have views. You're giving him way too much credit. As soon as he is asked a question he disappears from a thread. The sub-par draft thing has become a running joke because he consistently called our drafts sub-par on ESPN (including the 2007 draft) and completely avoided any questions about how he defined a draft as being "sub-par." He gave a definition once, and someone (crimson probably) went through every draft for every team over about a 5 year period and found that by deep's standards the only team that had what deep considered a "good draft" was the Cowboys in, I believe, 2005.

He was making these observations in 2009 and 2010, insisting that our 2007 draft (Willis, Staley, McDonald, Goldson and Brown) was a sub-par draft.

He refuses to address it at all though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your over-their-head sarcasm will make this thread one of my all-time favorites. Seriously, that made me laugh. It would have been better if one of them went off on you, but alas, they were civil.

I don't expect everyone to know your reference nor to have been there when the sub-par comment was made, so I'm not laughing at them, just your attempt and pseudo-frustration with them not getting it was hilarious.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you feel weird talking about him behind his back in front of his face? (Well, computer.) I don't usually like to do that, just I don't know how to talk about any of this without doing so. I don't have anything to say to him about this stuff (responding to questions) per se because I'm not in the argument, just the Sportshoopla community. No offense intended, Deep9er!

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do any of you feel weird talking about him behind his back in front of his face? (Well, computer.) I don't usually like to do that, just I don't know how to talk about any of this without doing so. I don't have anything to say to him about this stuff (responding to questions) per se because I'm not in the argument, just the Sportshoopla community. No offense intended, Deep9er!

Behind his back in front of his face??? lol

I like Deep, just like I like most everybody else on SportsHoopla...

The Crimson-Deep thing goes way back, and it has always been entertaining. I don't choose a side mainly because it doesn't really have anything to do with football...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He doesn't have views. You're giving him way too much credit. As soon as he is asked a question he disappears from a thread. The sub-par draft thing has become a running joke because he consistently called our drafts sub-par on ESPN (including the 2007 draft) and completely avoided any questions about how he defined a draft as being "sub-par." He gave a definition once, and someone (crimson probably) went through every draft for every team over about a 5 year period and found that by deep's standards the only team that had what deep considered a "good draft" was the Cowboys in, I believe, 2005.

He was making these observations in 2009 and 2010, insisting that our 2007 draft (Willis, Staley, McDonald, Goldson and Brown) was a sub-par draft.

He refuses to address it at all though.

I remember, lol

Pages and pages that turned into threads and more threads. I'm not defending anyone, I just enjoy watching the banter and posturing...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep does this all the time. It IS pretty fun to watch unfold though. If and when Deep responds to Crimson, it will be two weeks later when this thread has almost entirely been forgotten, and Deep's answer will be chalk full of key words like VALUE and NEED to keep Deep's answer as vague as possible. In other words, Deep's answer will not tell you anything more about Deep's position then you know now.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry to thread jack and talk about Reid again...

Was there anyone else besides I who thought Reid was the best safety in the draft by a decent margin? Or was I alone in my Reid love fest?

I know a few were right there wigth me on Carradine. Don't remember anyone else besides I who was 100% convinced about Aldon when we drafted him...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to thread jack and talk about Reid again...

Was there anyone else besides I who thought Reid was the best safety in the draft by a decent margin? Or was I alone in my Reid love fest?

I know a few were right there wigth me on Carradine. Don't remember anyone else besides I who was 100% convinced about Aldon when we drafted him...

I, too, thought that Reid was the best S in the draft and I thought that Vacarro had been vastly overrated.

I think that Carradine is a steal in the 2nd, trading back at that!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I suppose I'd feel bad if it was private conversations, but he can come here tomorrow and read this and respond if he chooses. On top of that, I haven't said anything tonight that I haven't said "to his face" before.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I'd feel bad if it was private conversations, but he can come here tomorrow and read this and respond if he chooses. On top of that, I haven't said anything tonight that I haven't said "to his face" before.

True, maybe the word I should have used was "awkward" not "bad."

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your over-their-head sarcasm will make this thread one of my all-time favorites. Seriously, that made me laugh. It would have been better if one of them went off on you, but alas, they were civil.

I don't expect everyone to know your reference nor to have been there when the sub-par comment was made, so I'm not laughing at them, just your attempt and pseudo-frustration with them not getting it was hilarious.

Nah, I think I got it..just didn't want to take the bait

As far as the "sub par" comment.. I have no clue if there's a deeper meaning to it