• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

reid and harbaugh

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crimson - please answer the question directly.....what is your opinion (not rant) with us trading up to 18th, giving up the 3rd, AND drafting Reid?

don't answer by breaking this into parts, and don't answer in general about Safeties. was this total move bad, below average, average, good, etc.? or was it a 10, a 6, a 4, etc.?

btw - its ok to be on both sides of a fence, but don't go back and forth within the SAME answer. :-)

I would not have traded up for Reid. I'm not all that upset that we did. Not sure what else you want to hear. I don't rate moves the way you do. And I like to be patient with players before making a decision on them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would not have traded up for Reid. I'm not all that upset that we did. Not sure what else you want to hear. I don't rate moves the way you do. And I like to be patient with players before making a decision on them.

ok, i'll take that as 'bad', or "0". so you don't like it and thats what i recall from late Thursday/Friday of draft week. maybe it was just me, but after Bingo, i felt you hated it the next most?

anyway, your opinion then was ok, like Bingo you're entitled to it. your answer now is ok for the same reason, but my point is two-fold:

1. you were answering all over the place, so it seemed to me you were hating it one sentence, then tempering it the next. your answer above is still doing it.

2. earlier i said you didn't like it on draft day, and you promptly denied it. now above, it is back to your original opinion.

didn't expect you to answer my last post, so mahalo for doing so.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok, i'll take that as 'bad', or "0". so you don't like it and thats what i recall from late Thursday/Friday of draft week. maybe it was just me, but after Bingo, i felt you hated it the next most?

anyway, your opinion then was ok, like Bingo you're entitled to it. your answer now is ok for the same reason, but my point is two-fold:

1. you were answering all over the place, so it seemed to me you were hating it one sentence, then tempering it the next. your answer above is still doing it.

2. earlier i said you didn't like it on draft day, and you promptly denied it. now above, it is back to your original opinion.

didn't expect you to answer my last post, so mahalo for doing so.

Take it however you want. It's pretty clear you're not paying any attention to what I'm actually saying.

Out of curiosity, Deep, what do you think of that pick? And this draft as a whole?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you have this misconception that Baalke is BPA. Even though most of the time he has taken the approach of the best player he loves the most at a needed position.

Even when he took over for McDrunkfuck... although I'm pretty sure he and Singletary had different goals, they both recognized the best offenses start with solid O-Lines. The top tackle of that draft was too expensive, but without question he traded up for the best value Tackle. A. Davis blows Bulaga out of the water for current values.. plus he picked up a great guard who's true ability is lost behind this defensive monster. I'm starting to feel like the AP is avoiding Iupati just because they don't want to come off as 49ers homers after voting so highly for the defensive studs.

The 49ers needed a pass rusher and Baalke took who they loved, Aldon Smith. No debate, this probably made his career.

Lastly, one miss to date, A.J. Jenkins because the 49ers needed a WR and this was the guy they loved. Pretty big need position after that embarrassing showing by WRs in the loss against the Giants in the NFC Championship.

Anyway, with Reid now... with that huge hole after Goldson left... I hope you're starting to realize that Baalke isn't BPA, he is all about the player I love the most at where I feel we have the biggest need.

His 1st Round Strategy should be amazingly clear... if it isn't... I don't know any other way to spell it out for you.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to my previous post, Baalke's 1st round strategy is clear... I believe... the player he loves the most at the position that has the biggest hole.

After that is where he makes his true magic happen... Bowman rd 3, Kaepernick rd 2, LMJ 2nd round... so on and so on.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Take it however you want. It's pretty clear you're not paying any attention to what I'm actually saying.

Out of curiosity, Deep, what do you think of that pick? And this draft as a whole?

It was sub par. We're really only looking at getting one starter this year, and a lot of the picks might not even make the team.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was sub par. We're really only looking at getting one starter this year, and a lot of the picks might not even make the team.

When taken into account what the niners needed entering the draft, is one starter a bad thing?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

No thoughts, Deep?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok, so you not only wanted me to take a firm stand on the Reid move/pick, but reduce it to a number. Then when I ask your thoughts on that pick, and the draft as a whole, it's radio silence. Can't say I'm surprised....

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sub par? Haha, Tank C will be a stud and Corey L. will be a nice addition too, we dont need starters like the other sap sucks in the NFL from the draft, we needed 1 damn starter at FS and we got him. This was an A+ draft

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sub par? Haha, Tank C will be a stud and Corey L. will be a nice addition too, we dont need starters like the other sap sucks in the NFL from the draft, we needed 1 damn starter at FS and we got him. This was an A+ draft

Pretty sure that's just Imac giving Deep a hard time. Deep still considers the 2007 draft "subpar." Sure, we added Willis, Staley, Goldson, McDonald, and Brown in one draft. But that hardly offsets using a third round pick on Jason Hill and missing on Jay Moore.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seriously, Deep? Sack up and give us your thoughts on the draft.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never really liked or bought into that argument that it is stupid to trade up for a guy when there is a good chance he or someone like him will be there at your original pick. First off the NFL Draft is always unpredictable in the sense that some teams just do stuff that nobody saw coming, maybe someone trades up or back into the 1st to get him. Secondly you have no idea if other teams from 19-30 wanted Reid. Lastly, there is a difference between the guy you want and the other guys that are similar prospects.

For example, lots of people were upset that the 49ers moved up to get Anthony Davis and argued that he might have fallen to the original pick and if he didn't Brian Bulaga would have still been around and viewed as a similarly good prospect. How many of those people still feel it was a stupid move and would rather have Bulaga?

I agree. Sometimes I think people forget to take the Madden glasses off.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

:gaah:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel the same

FS was an immediate need, maybe TE2 (Celek could fill in in the meantime). The rest are depth and for future payoff.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks buddy :)

Still Balke and Co.have said repeatedly that they try to fill needs 2,3 years from now as well as immediate needs.

Judging a draft on rookie starters is only part of the evaluation.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks buddy :)

Still Balke and Co.have said repeatedly that they try to fill needs 2,3 years from now as well as immediate needs.

Judging a draft on rookie starters is only part of the evaluation.

Yeah, we had a good draft judging at this point. However, as I said, Deep will call it sub-par.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, we had a good draft judging at this point. However, as I said, Deep will call it sub-par.

Apparently he won't call it anything. Guess this falls into the category of a specific question about the draft that deep won't answer.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its always fun to watch, but this time of the year is the best to watch the Crimson-Deep show! Sarcasm mixed in with a little gamesmanship, valid and off the wall points... You two will forever be linked in message board lore! LOL

:pop2: