• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will be a very stiff test for the Broncos. Even with our vaunted defense, the Cowboys O-line and running game is a ton to overcome. They wear out opposing defenses over the course of the four quarters and I have some worry about holding up. Add into that Dak Prescott's running ability and the Broncos will have their hands full. I still believe that the Broncos will win by a very small margin with our home field advantage and what looks to be an improved offense.

The Raiders will crush the Jets by 20 points or more. The Chiefs will hold up against the Eagles in their Arrowhead home opener and the Bolts will beat the Dolphins. We're looking at the possibility of all four AFC West teams winning this week. Best. Division. In. Football.
Yeah I think the AFCW has a chance to win all it's games this weekend. There's some really good matchups.

I'm interested to see if they Broncos defense can hold the Cowboy offense. It should be an epic trench game between the two.

KC vs Philly will also be good. Seems like they matchup pretty good.

Same goes for the Bolts and Fins.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the RAIDERS lockup Penn for 2 years 21M, while also locking up Roberts as well. Hmmmmm
Teams keep players they want. Eh?

Sweet deal for Penn dude is a great player!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well once again I have the keys to the game.
Run the ball, stop the run and hit the QB. Simple really. Basic football, and yet effective.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching some remarks from the media from the Canelo v TripG fight.
Man, these people are trippin!! Canelo win that fight and they called it a draw, WTF!!
I seen that fight, what makes there eyes better than mine? LOL get a life!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you, we should roll them. Respect everybody and fear nobody is the mind set when playing these type of rebuilding teams. Every hear of trap games?

So does Denver beat the Cowboys, eh??

Well I would definitely rather be playing the Jets today than the Cowboys. I do have the Broncos winning this one 24-21. Ezekiel Elliot and that OL will have some plays along the way that will keep this game close. The reason I think the Broncos can win is an offense that has shown some promise and a Cowboy's defense that looks to be missing a couple of key pieces especially in the secondary and will be asking rookies to try and cover Sanders and DT. That doesn't usually end well for an opposing team. Then throw in this game being in Denver.

I also know what the Broncos will do on defense of pretty much trusting their top secondary in the NFL to match up 1-on-1 across the board and bring extra guys in the box to stop Elliot. They will dare Dak Prescott to have to beat them in this one. Only a handful of teams in the league can play the Cowboys this way though.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would definitely rather be playing the Jets today than the Cowboys. I do have the Broncos winning this one 24-21. Ezekiel Elliot and that OL will have some plays along the way that will keep this game close. The reason I think the Broncos can win is an offense that has shown some promise and a Cowboy's defense that looks to be missing a couple of key pieces especially in the secondary and will be asking rookies to try and cover Sanders and DT. That doesn't usually end well for an opposing team. Then throw in this game being in Denver.

I also know what the Broncos will do on defense of pretty much trusting their top secondary in the NFL to match up 1-on-1 across the board and bring extra guys in the box to stop Elliot. They will dare Dak Prescott to have to beat them in this one. Only a handful of teams in the league can play the Cowboys this way though.
cd, I'm upset with the media right now. Talking sheet on that Canelo v TripG fight! What are these people smoking dude? They think they are the only ones that watch sports?! Weird!! WTF

Man that game should be a good one dude. I put some money down on that game$

And how will you stop that Cowboy run game? They gonna sucker that defense in and Dak will hit you guys deep? Ya think?

And I wouldn't be saying you would rather be playing the Jets cd. Cmon dude that's a team with nothing to lose and will bring whatever they have..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, I'm upset with the media right now. Talking sheet on that Canelo v TripG fight! What are these people smoking dude? They think they are the only ones that watch sports?! Weird!! WTF

Man that game should be a good one dude. I put some money down on that game$

And how will you stop that Cowboy run game? They gonna sucker that defense in and Dak will hit you guys deep? Ya think?

And I wouldn't be saying you would rather be playing the Jets cd. Cmon dude that's a team with nothing to lose and will bring whatever they have..

Oh I would easily say I would rather be playing the Jets than the Cowboys. We are talking the difference of a team picking 1st in the draft to that of a possible Super Bowl contender. Yeah they have nothing to lose but they just don't have the talent to match up with good teams even with a few good breaks going their way.

As for the fight I honestly did not watch it. I'm not a big boxing fan. I'll read up on some of the bigger fights but beyond a few boxers I couldn't even tell you who is who.

On to the game I would say the Broncos brought in the beef for both the OL and DL this year. They added 2 330 lb. guys just for the reason of stopping the run when that was such an issue last year. Throw in guys like Gotsis and Wolfe both added 15-20 lbs. of muscle during the offseason knowing they were a bit too small. They also just signed the DL starter for the Seahawks the past 2 years in Ahtyba Rubin to join the rotation who is 310 lbs. and known as a good run stuffer. They will also play a ton of single high safety with either Justin Simmons (rated as the #2 run stopping Safety in the league right now) or Darian Stewart (known as our missile on defense) to help out and again dare the Cowboys to beat the No Fly Zone for the Broncos. If there is a team in the league that can play man coverage across the board and bring extra guys into help with the run game it is the Broncos. They pay those guys in the secondary because they are that good and expect greatness from them. Yeah that does leave the team vulnerable for a big play but Talib didn't give up a TD last year and Harris went 2 straight years without giving up a TD until the Broncos played against Antonio Brown where he finally gave up one. So they are very good at not giving up the big play.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would easily say I would rather be playing the Jets than the Cowboys. We are talking the difference of a team picking 1st in the draft to that of a possible Super Bowl contender. Yeah they have nothing to lose but they just don't have the talent to match up with good teams even with a few good breaks going their way.

As for the fight I honestly did not watch it. I'm not a big boxing fan. I'll read up on some of the bigger fights but beyond a few boxers I couldn't even tell you who is who.

On to the game I would say the Broncos brought in the beef for both the OL and DL this year. They added 2 330 lb. guys just for the reason of stopping the run when that was such an issue last year. Throw in guys like Gotsis and Wolfe both added 15-20 lbs. of muscle during the offseason knowing they were a bit too small. They also just signed the DL starter for the Seahawks the past 2 years in Ahtyba Rubin to join the rotation who is 310 lbs. and known as a good run stuffer. They will also play a ton of single high safety with either Justin Simmons (rated as the #2 run stopping Safety in the league right now) or Darian Stewart (known as our missile on defense) to help out and again dare the Cowboys to beat the No Fly Zone for the Broncos. If there is a team in the league that can play man coverage across the board and bring extra guys into help with the run game it is the Broncos. They pay those guys in the secondary because they are that good and expect greatness from them. Yeah that does leave the team vulnerable for a big play but Talib didn't give up a TD last year and Harris went 2 straight years without giving up a TD until the Broncos played against Antonio Brown where he finally gave up one. So they are very good at not giving up the big play.
I see what you trying to do here cd? If we don't beat the Jets by 50, then we overrated right? lol
Nah dude, I get a tiny bit nervous playing a team like the Jets. Idk man, it seems like teams like that always rise up a play a good game. See the Browns.

And really dude? You are part of the media, so you should have an opinion on boxing for crying out loud!
When I bring up boxing, argue a point! LOL You need to expand dude.

Well, I won't tell you who I bet on. But, that game has the makings of a good game. It's no secret what the Cowboys are going to do. They going to RUN the ball and play off of that. I mean they have Dez dude at WR and some other pretty good players, so it's not like they won't test your secondary. In fact they will attack that secondary IMO.. Denver won't be expecting that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you trying to do here cd? If we don't beat the Jets by 50, then we overrated right? lol
Nah dude, I get a tiny bit nervous playing a team like the Jets. Idk man, it seems like teams like that always rise up a play a good game. See the Browns.

And really dude? You are part of the media, so you should have an opinion on boxing for crying out loud!
When I bring up boxing, argue a point! LOL You need to expand dude.

Well, I won't tell you who I bet on. But, that game has the makings of a good game. It's no secret what the Cowboys are going to do. They going to RUN the ball and play off of that. I mean they have Dez dude at WR and some other pretty good players, so it's not like they won't test your secondary. In fact they will attack that secondary IMO.. Denver won't be expecting that.

No I don't expect the Raiders to win by 50. This happens every year to teams of peaking ahead in the schedule when they play against inferior teams and then coming out sluggish and so on making the game closer than it ever should be. I remember being nervous back in I think 2013 when the Jaguars were giving up like 40 points a game and then the Broncos came to town and everybody predicted they would just destroy the Jaguars. The Broncos still won 35-19 but the game ended up being a lot closer than it should have been because the Broncos were very sloppy. I still expect the Raiders to win as the Jets are just so terrible this year.

As for expanding I figure I put my wife and kid through enough with how much football I watch. I was working on an article today and taking breaks to watch the Cowboy's first game of the year in better detail while also having the UCLA vs. BYU game on tv to scout Josh Rosen. Football is on in our house more hours than I would like to admit. So adding any more sports to the docket beyond College and pro football might drive my wife insane.

The Cowboys are one of the most simple teams in the league on both the offense and defense. Maybe one of the easiest teams I have scouted in a very long time. They make no secret of what they are going to do. Yes they will run the football and try to draw teams up to stop Ezekiel then try to beat you over the top after they put the secondary to sleep. I"m not doubting that they will do that and the Broncos know more than me that they will do that. Dez is a good WR but he has also lost some of what made him such a dynamic WR because of all his injuries. Broncos have 3 CB's that can play him 1-on-1 and win most of the time in that match up. They have beaten better WR's than that. Really the receiving option that scares me the most is that of Elliot. If the Broncos have a major weakness in the defense it is the LB's ability to cover RB's out of the backfield. If I were an opposing team that is how I would attack the Broncos.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't expect the Raiders to win by 50. This happens every year to teams of peaking ahead in the schedule when they play against inferior teams and then coming out sluggish and so on making the game closer than it ever should be. I remember being nervous back in I think 2013 when the Jaguars were giving up like 40 points a game and then the Broncos came to town and everybody predicted they would just destroy the Jaguars. The Broncos still won 35-19 but the game ended up being a lot closer than it should have been because the Broncos were very sloppy. I still expect the Raiders to win as the Jets are just so terrible this year.

As for expanding I figure I put my wife and kid through enough with how much football I watch. I was working on an article today and taking breaks to watch the Cowboy's first game of the year in better detail while also having the UCLA vs. BYU game on tv to scout Josh Rosen. Football is on in our house more hours than I would like to admit. So adding any more sports to the docket beyond College and pro football might drive my wife insane.

The Cowboys are one of the most simple teams in the league on both the offense and defense. Maybe one of the easiest teams I have scouted in a very long time. They make no secret of what they are going to do. Yes they will run the football and try to draw teams up to stop Ezekiel then try to beat you over the top after they put the secondary to sleep. I"m not doubting that they will do that and the Broncos know more than me that they will do that. Dez is a good WR but he has also lost some of what made him such a dynamic WR because of all his injuries. Broncos have 3 CB's that can play him 1-on-1 and win most of the time in that match up. They have beaten better WR's than that. Really the receiving option that scares me the most is that of Elliot. If the Broncos have a major weakness in the defense it is the LB's ability to cover RB's out of the backfield. If I were an opposing team that is how I would attack the Broncos.
The Jets have some real talent on the defensive side of the ball. Mo Wlikerson, Big Cat, Adams, etc,etc. Those guys can play dude. Just Win and move on to the next game. How you win doesn't really matter, JUST WIN does..

Josh Rosen is the QB in this draft, IMO. Teams will need one of the top 2 picks if they want Rosen imo.
He could be a 9er or a Jet next year. Maybe

And agreed. The Cowboys ain't some fancy team, they gonna run the ball and play off of that.
Tick, Tick, Tick game time is getting closer..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Day baby

Just Win! GO RAIDERS

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly and KC in a pretty good battle. They matchup. And it's all about matchups in this league. Hunt, Hill being held in check as now. Still another half of football though.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly and KC in a pretty good battle. They matchup. And it's all about matchups in this league. Hunt, Hill being held in check as now. Still another half of football though.
Voodoo football. Late in the game all tied up. Boom TO!! Game over!! The Warlock strikes again.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways it's game time! LETS GO RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I never really like Triplett calling our games!! That dude sucks at his job!