• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was beginning to think you might be the only Raiders fan on here until DJ posted. Rock on Idaho! Just moved from Pocatello 2 months ago. Where you from?
Shout out to Pocatello man, cool place. I kick it here in the Valley dude.

And yeah DJ pops in and out of this board. Solid dude.
Most of the time it's cd and i arguing on this board though.

RAIDERS vs Pats Mexico City dude

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be for the division again. Be ready.
The Warlock and his team are pretty good man. The RAIDERS loaded up this year dude, and will be ready.

And let's not count out Denver and the Bolts just yet. Lets see how they look Monday night.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, BeastMode Lynch just punished the Titans front. He looked amazing!
Late in the game with defenses tired, Lynch is getting that rock.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol cd. Did you think last year was some fluke? It's clear now that you don't know what the RAIDERS are doing with this team. They are building a winner man, like i told you..

Did I say the Raiders would go 0-16 this year? Pretty sure I said they would be a good not great team. That first game hasn't really done anything to change my opinion of the Raiders.

I mean right now the Bills are 1-0. That doesn't exactly change my opinion that they will be a bad team this year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say the Raiders would go 0-16 this year? Pretty sure I said they would be a good not great team. That first game hasn't really done anything to change my opinion of the Raiders.

I mean right now the Bills are 1-0. That doesn't exactly change my opinion that they will be a bad team this year.
What did you pick the RAIDERS at, 8-8? That means you think last year was some fluke.

And Cmon cd, now you trying to downplay our game against a really good Titans team? A team most of the experts picked to win? What did you say? MM is going to destroy us, right? The Titans ain't no joke and are loaded with talent as well as being well coached.. We went and beat them on the road.
For you to even try to compare them to the Bills is just plain hating dude.

The RAIDERS and the RaiderNation don't care about changing minds, only winning! Don't push me into being trollish dude, that's not my game.

On another note? We should get some really good football action tonight! Denver vs Bolts should be a good one!!
Saints vs Vikings should be an ok game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you pick the RAIDERS at, 8-8? That means you think last year was some fluke.

And Cmon cd, now you trying to downplay our game against a really good Titans team? A team most of the experts picked to win? What did you say? MM is going to destroy us, right? The Titans ain't no joke and are loaded with talent as well as being well coached.. We went and beat them on the road.
For you to even try to compare them to the Bills is just plain hating dude.

The RAIDERS and the RaiderNation don't care about changing minds, only winning! Don't push me into being trollish dude, that's not my game.

On another note? We should get some really good football action tonight! Denver vs Bolts should be a good one!!
Saints vs Vikings should be an ok game.

Few things...

1) Yes I did pick the Raiders to go 8-8. That still hasn't changed for me. That doesn't mean last year was a fluke just that the division is tougher and the schedule is tougher this year for the Raiders. It is why you see teams jump up and down all the time in the NFL. An easier schedule usually means more wins. I also have the Raiders having a bit of a back to the norm when it comes to winning the close games. They had a very abnormal number of wins in close games. Even the Patriots don't win at that rate. So doesn't mean I think they are a worse team just have tougher circumstances to reach that same level.

2) The whole MM destroying you guys was two rival fans just joking back and forth. I did think Mariota would have a better game than he did but I also didn't expect the Titans to blow out the Raiders. I did have them winning but something more like 27-24 type game. I do like the Titans and yes still feel like they win that division as Houston is showing they still have a QB issue and Jacksonville I just don't see playing at that level all year long. And the Colts well are the Colts.

3) The reason I brought up the Bills is because I'm not going to have an entire season defined by 1 game. Didn't you just get after me for saying that I thought Kareem Hunt could be the best RB in the AFC West right now after just 1 game? So here you are getting after me after just 1 game for predicting the Raiders wouldn't have as good of a season as last year. You are predicting the rest of the year for the Raiders to go exactly like this game and that just won't be the case just like Kareem Hunt won't have every game look like this past one. Heck wouldn't shock me one bit if he never has another game that reaches the level he just had in his first one. It was that good.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things...

1) Yes I did pick the Raiders to go 8-8. That still hasn't changed for me. That doesn't mean last year was a fluke just that the division is tougher and the schedule is tougher this year for the Raiders. It is why you see teams jump up and down all the time in the NFL. An easier schedule usually means more wins. I also have the Raiders having a bit of a back to the norm when it comes to winning the close games. They had a very abnormal number of wins in close games. Even the Patriots don't win at that rate. So doesn't mean I think they are a worse team just have tougher circumstances to reach that same level.

2) The whole MM destroying you guys was two rival fans just joking back and forth. I did think Mariota would have a better game than he did but I also didn't expect the Titans to blow out the Raiders. I did have them winning but something more like 27-24 type game. I do like the Titans and yes still feel like they win that division as Houston is showing they still have a QB issue and Jacksonville I just don't see playing at that level all year long. And the Colts well are the Colts.

3) The reason I brought up the Bills is because I'm not going to have an entire season defined by 1 game. Didn't you just get after me for saying that I thought Kareem Hunt could be the best RB in the AFC West right now after just 1 game? So here you are getting after me after just 1 game for predicting the Raiders wouldn't have as good of a season as last year. You are predicting the rest of the year for the Raiders to go exactly like this game and that just won't be the case just like Kareem Hunt won't have every game look like this past one. Heck wouldn't shock me one bit if he never has another game that reaches the level he just had in his first one. It was that good.
Now this a good fair post.
Nothing wrong with a rival fan thinking the RAIDERS will not be that great this year. I can respect that, just not agree with it.

And few things here dude.
You bring up the schedule that we play, and saying that it will hurt our chances, right? And it is a hard schedule. But we ain't the only ones playing it, so does the rest of the division.
We got the Titans out of the way with the Ravens next. The AFCE and the NFCE we all play.

And I know that the rest of the division improved but so did the RAIDERS. That's what you don't want to see though. Me on the other hand know the rest division got better and not afraid to admit it.

And yeah dude, I know it was some trolling by you man. Or was it?? :)

And you really can't compare what Hunt did in his first game as a rookie to what the RAIDERS did to the Titans.
For one, the RAIDERS were 12-4 last year and expected to be good this year. Hunt on the other hand had a good game against the PATS. Nobody seen that coming while most seen the RAIDERS as being good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this a good fair post.
Nothing wrong with a rival fan thinking the RAIDERS will not be that great this year. I can respect that, just not agree with it.

And few things here dude.
You bring up the schedule that we play, and saying that it will hurt our chances, right? And it is a hard schedule. But we ain't the only ones playing it, so does the rest of the division.
We got the Titans out of the way with the Ravens next. The AFCE and the NFCE we all play.

And I know that the rest of the division improved but so did the RAIDERS. That's what you don't want to see though. Me on the other hand know the rest division got better and not afraid to admit it.

And yeah dude, I know it was some trolling by you man. Or was it?? :)

And you really can't compare what Hunt did in his first game as a rookie to what the RAIDERS did to the Titans.
For one, the RAIDERS were 12-4 last year and expected to be good this year. Hunt on the other hand had a good game against the PATS. Nobody seen that coming while most seen the RAIDERS as being good.

Did you read what records I gave every team in the AFC West?

I had the Chiefs winning the division at 10-6. So I don't have them doing as good as they did last year either even though I think they are the top team in the AFC West. Doesn't mean I think they are worse than last year I just think the schedule will make it difficult to repeat at 12-4. You seem to think that 12-4 is some easy record to reach.

And while I didn't see Kareem Hunt having that good of a game against the Pats I did think he would be a very good player. Like I said before that was one of the two picks in the AFC West that I weeped that a rival team got one of my favorites. The other was the pick of Forrest Lamp by the Chargers. He was my favorite OL player in the draft.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read what records I gave every team in the AFC West?

I had the Chiefs winning the division at 10-6. So I don't have them doing as good as they did last year either even though I think they are the top team in the AFC West. Doesn't mean I think they are worse than last year I just think the schedule will make it difficult to repeat at 12-4. You seem to think that 12-4 is some easy record to reach.

And while I didn't see Kareem Hunt having that good of a game against the Pats I did think he would be a very good player. Like I said before that was one of the two picks in the AFC West that I weeped that a rival team got one of my favorites. The other was the pick of Forrest Lamp by the Chargers. He was my favorite OL player in the draft.
Not even I picked 12-4 for the RAIDERS this year. Because of the schedule.
I went and posted on Iknowfootballs thread on the Denver board, and said 11-5 for the RAIDERS.
I also said it's not easy for any AFCW team this year because of the schedule and the fact we play each other 2 times. But then again ya just never know how the season will playout. The winner of this division could go 12-4 to 13-3. The AFCW has good teams that can play any team in the league! It's a loaded division man. All those teams play us as well.

And I agree, you did like Hunt, I'm not saying you didn't. He looked good, and theres really no reason think he will stink the rest of this year. I'm just gonna let that one playout and see what comes of it.. All 3 teams will be ready for Hunt and the Chiefs..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things I want to see from tonight's matchup

Can the Broncos stop the run.
Will the OL hold up
Can they move the ball on offense and let that defense rest.

For the Bolts.
Can they stay healthy for the whole game. Cuz they can ball.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even I picked 12-4 for the RAIDERS this year. Because of the schedule.
I went and posted on Iknowfootballs thread on the Denver board, and said 11-5 for the RAIDERS.
I also said it's not easy for any AFCW team this year because of the schedule and the fact we play each other 2 times. But then again ya just never know how the season will playout. The winner of this division could go 12-4 to 13-3. The AFCW has good teams that can play any team in the league! It's a loaded division man. All those teams play us as well.

And I agree, you did like Hunt, I'm not saying you didn't. He looked good, and theres really no reason think he will stink the rest of this year. I'm just gonna let that one playout and see what comes of it.. All 3 teams will be ready for Hunt and the Chiefs..

So you predict the Raiders to do worse than last year record wise and I do too but somehow you get after me for saying they will do worse than last year for the very same reasons you say it? I guess I'm just having a very difficult time following you lately. You agree with me on some things yet somehow even in our agreement you find fault with what I say.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you predict the Raiders to do worse than last year record wise and I do too but somehow you get after me for saying they will do worse than last year for the very same reasons you say it? I guess I'm just having a very difficult time following you lately. You agree with me on some things yet somehow even in our agreement you find fault with what I say.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, I'm rolling with 11-5 and winning the AFCW while you are going with 8-8 and the RAIDERS missing out on the playoffs. Those two predictions are not even in the same neighborhood. Mine is taking a step back and yet still winning, while you are pretty much saying we will collapse from our 12-4 record from last year.
But yes, I do agree in some sort of weird way about taking a small step back.

Then again though? Ya just never know how a season will playout for any team in the AFCW. One of us could end up 13-3 or 12-4 yet again. After watching the first week of games nobody stood out from the teams we play.
Oh it's a small sample size, but who was really impressive? The RAIDERS and KC looked impressive from all the games I seen. Two more important games as far as our division goes. Let's see who win tonight.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, I'm rolling with 11-5 and winning the AFCW while you are going with 8-8 and the RAIDERS missing out on the playoffs. Those two predictions are not even in the same neighborhood. Mine is taking a step back and yet still winning, while you are pretty much saying we will collapse from our 12-4 record from last year.
But yes, I do agree in some sort of weird way about taking a small step back.

Then again though? Ya just never know how a season will playout for any team in the AFCW. One of us could end up 13-3 or 12-4 yet again. After watching the first week of games nobody stood out from the teams we play.
Oh it's a small sample size, but who was really impressive? The RAIDERS and KC looked impressive from all the games I seen. Two more important games as far as our division goes. Let's see who win tonight.

How is 8-8 a collapse though? You do remember that the Raiders were the worst team in football over the last 15 years right? 8-8 for a long time was considered a dream not a reality for the Raiders. So no it is not me predicting a collapse. It is me factoring in tougher schedule, a drop in some turnovers, and a drop in winning some of the closer games. None of those things should be a huge shock. You know I'm a statistics guy and history in the NFL has shown all of those things should not shock anybody.

As for games of opponents. I would say since you guys play the Ravens they looked pretty impressive. Cowboys showed better than I thought they would on defense. You still have 6 divisional games against what looks like 3 good to great teams. The Raiders also lose a home game this year with the game in Mexico against the Patriots. Even though the Patriots struggled in the end they were still beating the Chiefs until the 4th quarter when some things fell apart for them. I wouldn't count them out of anything to be a top tier team. Philly has a great defense and an up and coming QB that I think could be a top-10 QB by the end of the year. Washington has some playmakers. It is why the AFC West has the 4 toughest schedules in the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is 8-8 a collapse though? You do remember that the Raiders were the worst team in football over the last 15 years right? 8-8 for a long time was considered a dream not a reality for the Raiders. So no it is not me predicting a collapse. It is me factoring in tougher schedule, a drop in some turnovers, and a drop in winning some of the closer games. None of those things should be a huge shock. You know I'm a statistics guy and history in the NFL has shown all of those things should not shock anybody.

As for games of opponents. I would say since you guys play the Ravens they looked pretty impressive. Cowboys showed better than I thought they would on defense. You still have 6 divisional games against what looks like 3 good to great teams. The Raiders also lose a home game this year with the game in Mexico against the Patriots. Even though the Patriots struggled in the end they were still beating the Chiefs until the 4th quarter when some things fell apart for them. I wouldn't count them out of anything to be a top tier team. Philly has a great defense and an up and coming QB that I think could be a top-10 QB by the end of the year. Washington has some playmakers. It is why the AFC West has the 4 toughest schedules in the NFL.
Those 15 years of football are irrelevant to todays team cd. This is a new team, with a new Owner, GM, HC players, etc,etc. Why even bring that up? I expect to win with this franchise we have now. From the football field to off the field. We have a 2 Billion stadium on the way, and a good and young exciting team right now. This team is not that old team.

So lets talk about this team? We were 12-4 last year cd. So if we went from 12-4 to 8-8 with this team = Collapse.
And that is what you are predicting, right? I mean, what else would you call it? Unless you think we were a fluke last year, in which you said we weren't. So which is it?

I'm not knocking those other teams cd. I never said they stink, cuz they seem pretty good. What I did say? The RAIDERS and KC had the most impressive wins so far. Now you can take that anyway you want dude.
The Pats are the defending SB champs and got beat in their house. The Titans are also a very good team that EVERYBODY is high on, and we went to their house and beat them with defense and offense. Those were pretty impressive victory's to me. Now that don't mean those other teams stink now does it?

And as far as having one less home game? Sure, but Mexico City is ALL RAIDERS! And I do expect the Pats to bounce back a bit, they just don't seem like the dominant team anymore. They can be beat, just like EVERYBODY else in the league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 15 years of football are irrelevant to todays team cd. This is a new team, with a new Owner, GM, HC players, etc,etc. Why even bring that up? I expect to win with this franchise we have now. From the football field to off the field. We have a 2 Billion stadium on the way, and a good and young exciting team right now. This team is not that old team.

So lets talk about this team? We were 12-4 last year cd. So if we went from 12-4 to 8-8 with this team = Collapse.
And that is what you are predicting, right? I mean, what else would you call it? Unless you think we were a fluke last year, in which you said we weren't. So which is it?

I'm not knocking those other teams cd. I never said they stink, cuz they seem pretty good. What I did say? The RAIDERS and KC had the most impressive wins so far. Now you can take that anyway you want dude.
The Pats are the defending SB champs and got beat in their house. The Titans are also a very good team that EVERYBODY is high on, and we went to their house and beat them with defense and offense. Those were pretty impressive victory's to me. Now that don't mean those other teams stink now does it?

And as far as having one less home game? Sure, but Mexico City is ALL RAIDERS! And I do expect the Pats to bounce back a bit, they just don't seem like the dominant team anymore. They can be beat, just like EVERYBODY else in the league.

Most impressive wins? I agree with KC beating the Patriots. They are the world champions and expected to be again this year. Throw in on the road and in a blow out victory. Yeah that was impressive. 10 point win against a non-playoff team from last year in the Titans though come on Idaho. I know you are a homer but there were more impressive wins yesterday. Baltimore on the road with Flacco just now starting to get back into action winning 20-0 is impressive. Any time you shut a team out even a bad team is impressive. Jacksonville putting up big points against a Houston defense that was a top-3 defense last year and having JJ Watt back. That is an impressive win and that one was on the road. LA Rams winning 46-9 is impressive. Yes it was against the Luckless Colts but any time you can put up 46 points and hold the opposing team to below 10 points is an impressive win. Carolina on the road winning by 20 again with a QB just coming back from injury that just started being able to throw around 2 weeks ago. Dallas against a divisional foe showing up as well as they did on defense is again a more impressive win. There were a lot of double digit winning totals yesterday.

As for why I bring up the past is because if we are talking of a true collapse that is what I envision is a team falling that far. Look at the Panthers last year going from 15-1 and a Super Bowl visit to 4th in their division picking top-10. Bengals went from 12-4 to 6-9-1 from 2015 to 2016. Ravens went from 10-6 in 2014 to 5-11 in 2015. That is what I'm talking about when I talk collapse. A team competing to the very end of the season but barely missing out on the playoffs (I think 9-7 might be good enough this year to mak ethe playoffs again) is not a collapse. It is a team that caught a few lucky breaks the year before that didn't happen the next year. It is a team with some young players that will make some mistakes along the way. I could say the same thing about the Titans. They are a young team trying to get a lot of new pieces up to a high level of play. It was easy to see they were not on the same page yesterday.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most impressive wins? I agree with KC beating the Patriots. They are the world champions and expected to be again this year. Throw in on the road and in a blow out victory. Yeah that was impressive. 10 point win against a non-playoff team from last year in the Titans though come on Idaho. I know you are a homer but there were more impressive wins yesterday. Baltimore on the road with Flacco just now starting to get back into action winning 20-0 is impressive. Any time you shut a team out even a bad team is impressive. Jacksonville putting up big points against a Houston defense that was a top-3 defense last year and having JJ Watt back. That is an impressive win and that one was on the road. LA Rams winning 46-9 is impressive. Yes it was against the Luckless Colts but any time you can put up 46 points and hold the opposing team to below 10 points is an impressive win. Carolina on the road winning by 20 again with a QB just coming back from injury that just started being able to throw around 2 weeks ago. Dallas against a divisional foe showing up as well as they did on defense is again a more impressive win. There were a lot of double digit winning totals yesterday.

As for why I bring up the past is because if we are talking of a true collapse that is what I envision is a team falling that far. Look at the Panthers last year going from 15-1 and a Super Bowl visit to 4th in their division picking top-10. Bengals went from 12-4 to 6-9-1 from 2015 to 2016. Ravens went from 10-6 in 2014 to 5-11 in 2015. That is what I'm talking about when I talk collapse. A team competing to the very end of the season but barely missing out on the playoffs (I think 9-7 might be good enough this year to mak ethe playoffs again) is not a collapse. It is a team that caught a few lucky breaks the year before that didn't happen the next year. It is a team with some young players that will make some mistakes along the way. I could say the same thing about the Titans. They are a young team trying to get a lot of new pieces up to a high level of play. It was easy to see they were not on the same page yesterday.
That is my opinion dude. Even you thought the Titans would be us. A lot of people picked them to win, heck they are picking them to win he division with ease. The next RAIDERS type team is what they are saying. Well, they couldn't beat the RAIDERS!

All those other teams were not getting the hype the Titans were getting cd, as you know. Franchise QB, power run game, top OL, with a very good defense and real good coaching, that's the Titans. None of those other teams are getting the hype the Titans are getting cd as you know yet again. So I was not really impressed with those other teams as much. Again, IMO
RAIDERS vs Titans was a big game dude!
Hey dude? How about those Jags like I told ya?

cd, 8-8 is not gonna get it done in the AFCW as you know. Sure it will make some games interesting in the division, but not gonna get it done. That is why I said collapse. In which you are preaching 8-8
Like you said, teams going from very good records to so so records is a collapse. So I see it as a collapse for the RAIDERS if they finish 8-8. That's just what I think.

And if you notice the reply I had for Moose when HE said it would come down to Oak v KC for the division?
I said, let's NOT count out the Broncos and Bolts just yet. What does that tell you? I expect hard fought games for the AFCW. No game is a lock in this league!! You earn victory's