• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my opinion dude. Even you thought the Titans would be us. A lot of people picked them to win, heck they are picking them to win he division with ease. The next RAIDERS type team is what they are saying. Well, they couldn't beat the RAIDERS!

All those other teams were not getting the hype the Titans were getting cd, as you know. Franchise QB, power run game, top OL, with a very good defense and real good coaching, that's the Titans. None of those other teams are getting the hype the Titans are getting cd as you know yet again. So I was not really impressed with those other teams as much. Again, IMO
RAIDERS vs Titans was a big game dude!
Hey dude? How about those Jags like I told ya?

cd, 8-8 is not gonna get it done in the AFCW as you know. Sure it will make some games interesting in the division, but not gonna get it done. That is why I said collapse. In which you are preaching 8-8
Like you said, teams going from very good records to so so records is a collapse. So I see it as a collapse for the RAIDERS if they finish 8-8. That's just what I think.

And if you notice the reply I had for Moose when HE said it would come down to Oak v KC for the division?
I said, let's NOT count out the Broncos and Bolts just yet. What does that tell you? I expect hard fought games for the AFCW. No game is a lock in this league!! You earn victory's

Are we talking about the same team in the Titans? I think they are an up and coming team and yes I do think they will win their division if Mariota stays healthy. They do not have a good defense though. They were one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last year. Coaching staff wise I have said plenty to others that the coaching staff will hold them back. Have said the same thing about the Raiders too that when the games really matter and a coaching decision decides the game Del Rio will screw the Raiders.

As for the other games well the Texans were in the playoffs the last few years and beat your Raiders...I know I know without Carr. They still beat them. So Jacksonville on the road against an actual playoff team that just had JJ Watt return (best defensive player in the NFL when healthy) smoked them 29-7. And that was with Bortles playing QB. I would say if we are going by competition level then Green Bay over Seattle is a more impressive win. Seattle by some is the best team in the NFC and Green Bay did pretty well. Dallas again against an actual playoff team from last year in the Giants beat them by 16.

I'm sorry but while a 10 point win over the Titans is a good win I"m not overly impressed at the moment.

And I'm sorry but 8-8 is not a collapse. Those other teams all had top-10 picks the year after some very successful seasons. 8-8 is just on the outside looking in for the playoffs.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the same team in the Titans? I think they are an up and coming team and yes I do think they will win their division if Mariota stays healthy. They do not have a good defense though. They were one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last year. Coaching staff wise I have said plenty to others that the coaching staff will hold them back. Have said the same thing about the Raiders too that when the games really matter and a coaching decision decides the game Del Rio will screw the Raiders.

As for the other games well the Texans were in the playoffs the last few years and beat your Raiders...I know I know without Carr. They still beat them. So Jacksonville on the road against an actual playoff team that just had JJ Watt return (best defensive player in the NFL when healthy) smoked them 29-7. And that was with Bortles playing QB. I would say if we are going by competition level then Green Bay over Seattle is a more impressive win. Seattle by some is the best team in the NFC and Green Bay did pretty well. Dallas again against an actual playoff team from last year in the Giants beat them by 16.

I'm sorry but while a 10 point win over the Titans is a good win I"m not overly impressed at the moment.

And I'm sorry but 8-8 is not a collapse. Those other teams all had top-10 picks the year after some very successful seasons. 8-8 is just on the outside looking in for the playoffs.
So in the same sentence you say the Tians are poorly coached and don't have a good defense, then you say they will win the division. Hmmm
So a HOF defensive coach along with solid offensive coaching is poorly coached now days, eh cd?? Got it.
And how has JDR messed up since he's been here cd? Seems like he's doing a good job. From 7-9 his rookie year to 12-4 and now has us at 1-0 with a pretty impressive win on the road. Hmmm seems more like just hating than anything cd on your part, imo. But that's ok dude, I expect that.

And of course you didn't find our win impressive dude. No shocker there. I mean we could go 16-0 and you would still not give the RAIDERS some props. You just can't, it's not in you to do that.

12-4 and an early favorite to 8-8 is a collapse cd. I'm SORRY

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the same sentence you say the Tians are poorly coached and don't have a good defense, then you say they will win the division. Hmmm
So a HOF defensive coach along with solid offensive coaching is poorly coached now days, eh cd?? Got it.
And how has JDR messed up since he's been here cd? Seems like he's doing a good job. From 7-9 his rookie year to 12-4 and now has us at 1-0 with a pretty impressive win on the road. Hmmm seems more like just hating than anything cd on your part, imo. But that's ok dude, I expect that.

And of course you didn't find our win impressive dude. No shocker there. I mean we could go 16-0 and you would still not give the RAIDERS some props. You just can't, it's not in you to do that.

12-4 and an early favorite to 8-8 is a collapse cd. I'm SORRY

A team can have some bad pieces and still win a division. Look at Houston last year. The AFC South was a terrible division last year but somebody still has to make it. I wouldn't say the Texans were a top-6 team in the AFC last year but the added bonus of a bad division makes that path much easier. I would much rather play the Jaguars, Texans, and Colts 6 games than the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers.

And seriously dude we are 1 game in. You are wanting me to change my complete opinion on the Raiders based on 1 win. I'm sorry that I'm not mesmerized by the Raiders like you are. And if they went 16-0 I would give them plenty of props. I don't know how often on here I have said good things about what the Raiders are doing but you ignore those things and only focus on the negative things I say about them. You label me a hater/troll and seem to think that satisfies the discussion. This is why I have to leave this board every once in a while because an actual football conversation with any kind of objectivity from you is impossible.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team can have some bad pieces and still win a division. Look at Houston last year. The AFC South was a terrible division last year but somebody still has to make it. I wouldn't say the Texans were a top-6 team in the AFC last year but the added bonus of a bad division makes that path much easier. I would much rather play the Jaguars, Texans, and Colts 6 games than the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers.

And seriously dude we are 1 game in. You are wanting me to change my complete opinion on the Raiders based on 1 win. I'm sorry that I'm not mesmerized by the Raiders like you are. And if they went 16-0 I would give them plenty of props. I don't know how often on here I have said good things about what the Raiders are doing but you ignore those things and only focus on the negative things I say about them. You label me a hater/troll and seem to think that satisfies the discussion. This is why I have to leave this board every once in a while because an actual football conversation with any kind of objectivity from you is impossible.
Oh I agree that division is much easier than the AFCW. Not a lot of divisions are as loaded as the AFCW. Maybe the NFCE, maybe. All 4 teams have a legit shot at winning this division, and making some noise in the playoffs. I just pick the RAIDERS to win it. We have a good team, that I think will win it.

And I already told you that I'm not trying to change minds, I'm just simply defending my team which played a tough team on the road and won.

Ya see cd? You give the RAIDERS very little props and in the same post you shred them. Clever posting dude.
Example? Carr is pretty good, but the RAIDERS are just trash. I mean, I already know how you post.
PFF is the gold standard one year,along with All Pros, etc, etc. Then when I can use them they suddenly don't matter. And on and on. It's not only me dude, but you as well. I just don't get upset about it.. We rival fans dude, that's what we do..

Anyways game time for you guys.. Denver vs LA

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic AFCW game! The Broncos won a very close game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic AFCW game! The Broncos won a very close game.

Can't let a team back into the game with turnovers like that. I had just messaged a friend that the only way the Broncos lose this game is if they turn the ball over and boom next two drives they turn the ball over. Defense also then had some major communication errors that left WR's open. Have to clean that up. Still a lot of positives and of course any division win you take and run with it even if it was ugly at the end. Alone in 1st place in the AFC West I'll take it!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't let a team back into the game with turnovers like that. I had just messaged a friend that the only way the Broncos lose this game is if they turn the ball over and boom next two drives they turn the ball over. Defense also then had some major communication errors that left WR's open. Have to clean that up. Still a lot of positives and of course any division win you take and run with it even if it was ugly at the end. Alone in 1st place in the AFC West I'll take it!
Correct? The only thing that matters is the win in this league. Now, is there concerns for both teams? For sure.

Both teams looked pretty solid. You see how easy I can say that, and I'm not even part of the media.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct? The only thing that matters is the win in this league. Now, is there concerns for both teams? For sure.

Both teams looked pretty solid. You see how easy I can say that, and I'm not even part of the media.

yes the win is all that matters in the end. At the end of the year when the records are complete nobody is going to look back and see whether you won by 40 or by 3. So I"ll take it just was hoping the Broncos would step on the throats of the Chargers and have put that one away.

When did I ever say the Raiders didn't look solid? I'm pretty sure I said it was a solid win. I just said it was not the 2nd most impressive win of the weekend which I still hold to. There were a lot of very impressive wins this weekend by teams really destroying their opponents. So while a 10-point win against a good team like the Titans on the road most weeks would be one of the top performances of the weekend again there just were a lot of crazy games this weekend. Happens first week when teams are still somewhat in preseason mode and trying to get their feet below them.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes the win is all that matters in the end. At the end of the year when the records are complete nobody is going to look back and see whether you won by 40 or by 3. So I"ll take it just was hoping the Broncos would step on the throats of the Chargers and have put that one away.

When did I ever say the Raiders didn't look solid? I'm pretty sure I said it was a solid win. I just said it was not the 2nd most impressive win of the weekend which I still hold to. There were a lot of very impressive wins this weekend by teams really destroying their opponents. So while a 10-point win against a good team like the Titans on the road most weeks would be one of the top performances of the weekend again there just were a lot of crazy games this weekend. Happens first week when teams are still somewhat in preseason mode and trying to get their feet below them.
So if the win is the only thing that matters,right? So why all the drama over our close wins last year? In this game it don't matter how you win JUST WIN!

As for impressive wins over the weekend? I really don't care how other teams play, or how they win. I only care abut the RAIDERS and how they play. Oh I'm also interested in AFCW ball, division and all. But really dude, only the RAIDERS and KC looked impressive to me. Pack looked ok, Cowboys and heck even the Browns in defeat. I'm just not impressed.

You guys played a good close game. Right down to the last second.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the win is the only thing that matters,right? So why all the drama over our close wins last year? In this game it don't matter how you win JUST WIN!

As for impressive wins over the weekend? I really don't care how other teams play, or how they win. I only care abut the RAIDERS and how they play. Oh I'm also interested in AFCW ball, division and all. But really dude, only the RAIDERS and KC looked impressive to me. Pack looked ok, Cowboys and heck even the Browns in defeat. I'm just not impressed.

You guys played a good close game. Right down to the last second.

The 12-4 record for the Raiders last year was legit. They won the games and can't take that away from them. When I'm figuring out records for the next season though I look at those things of the teams that had some anomalies show up that are beyond the norm. Winning at that high of a percentage in close games goes way beyond the norm. Same with the turnover numbers. So when I factor that in along with lots and lots of other factors is how I arrive at the record I do. I'm not one just to look at the schedule and say "oh well looks like they should win this game and this game and this game and lose these over here." I take a lot of things into consideration.

And you saying that you don't care how other teams play doesn't exactly help your cause for recognizing the great play of other teams. If the AFC West games are the only ones you focus on then yeah understandable how you arrive at the conclusion the Raiders had the 2nd most impressive win of the 1st week.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12-4 record for the Raiders last year was legit. They won the games and can't take that away from them. When I'm figuring out records for the next season though I look at those things of the teams that had some anomalies show up that are beyond the norm. Winning at that high of a percentage in close games goes way beyond the norm. Same with the turnover numbers. So when I factor that in along with lots and lots of other factors is how I arrive at the record I do. I'm not one just to look at the schedule and say "oh well looks like they should win this game and this game and this game and lose these over here." I take a lot of things into consideration.

And you saying that you don't care how other teams play doesn't exactly help your cause for recognizing the great play of other teams. If the AFC West games are the only ones you focus on then yeah understandable how you arrive at the conclusion the Raiders had the 2nd most impressive win of the 1st week.
Anomalies? Dude this is football not NASA. You make that way to complicated man. Stat junkie for sure, lol. I just roll the Old fashion way? Wins and loses dude. In our 7-9 year we would lose all those close games, remember? Last year we won those close games. I believe they call that improvement. Again, I'm cool with you picking us at 8-8 I just don't agree.

See now you getting it all twisted cd. I watch other games, I just find them very boring man. None of those games were impressive to me. Now,some of those teams played good they just didn't wow me like the RAIDERS did. You guys played a good game, as well as the Pack, Browns, and some others. But there just now wow to those games at least to me.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAIDERS vs Jets
Titans game is history, time to focus on the Jets.

Some pretty good action overall in the AFCW this weekend.
Some interesting games for sure. It should tell us a little more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAIDERS vs Jets
Titans game is history, time to focus on the Jets.

Some pretty good action overall in the AFCW this weekend.
Some interesting games for sure. It should tell us a little more.

Not sure how much the Raiders need to focus on the Jets. Easiest win on the schedule. Jets are trying to tank for the #1 overall pick this upcoming draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could probably start me at QB and win the game.

Wouldn't shock me. That Jets roster might be the worst I have ever seen. It would take probably a 5 turnover type game for them to win this year unless it is against the Bills who are also a disaster. That would be the one last game on their schedule that I might think they have a chance to win.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much the Raiders need to focus on the Jets. Easiest win on the schedule. Jets are trying to tank for the #1 overall pick this upcoming draft.
You and Moose are both trippin. While I agree the Jets don't look strong, you still can't over look anybody in this league. See the Browns about take out the Steelers? The RAIDERS should win this game no problem. But ya know that old saying? That's why they play the games.
Respect everybody but fear nobody!

Denver vs Cowboys should be pretty good! Who wins?

KC vs Philly? That should be pretty good as well. Philly is young and fast, plus Wentz is good. Good matchup.

Bolts vs Fins is another good game!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Moose are both trippin. While I agree the Jets don't look strong, you still can't over look anybody in this league. See the Browns about take out the Steelers? The RAIDERS should win this game no problem. But ya know that old saying? That's why they play the games.
Respect everybody but fear nobody!

Denver vs Cowboys should be pretty good! Who wins?

KC vs Philly? That should be pretty good as well. Philly is young and fast, plus Wentz is good. Good matchup.

Bolts vs Fins is another good game!!

I'm sorry but if the Raiders lose to the Jets that will be one of the most embarrassing losses in the NFL over the past 15 years in the regular season. The Colts tanking for Luck comes in a close 2nd for what we are seeing the Jets do right now to get the 1st overall pick. If the Raiders can't beat a team that is actively trying to tank then not a good look for the rest of the season and how the Raiders will fare.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but if the Raiders lose to the Jets that will be one of the most embarrassing losses in the NFL over the past 15 years in the regular season. The Colts tanking for Luck comes in a close 2nd for what we are seeing the Jets do right now to get the 1st overall pick. If the Raiders can't beat a team that is actively trying to tank then not a good look for the rest of the season and how the Raiders will fare.
I already told you, we should roll them. Respect everybody and fear nobody is the mind set when playing these type of rebuilding teams. Every hear of trap games?

So does Denver beat the Cowboys, eh??

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you, we should roll them. Respect everybody and fear nobody is the mind set when playing these type of rebuilding teams. Every hear of trap games?

So does Denver beat the Cowboys, eh??

Cowboys will be a very stiff test for the Broncos. Even with our vaunted defense, the Cowboys O-line and running game is a ton to overcome. They wear out opposing defenses over the course of the four quarters and I have some worry about holding up. Add into that Dak Prescott's running ability and the Broncos will have their hands full. I still believe that the Broncos will win by a very small margin with our home field advantage and what looks to be an improved offense.

The Raiders will crush the Jets by 20 points or more. The Chiefs will hold up against the Eagles in their Arrowhead home opener and the Bolts will beat the Dolphins. We're looking at the possibility of all four AFC West teams winning this week. Best. Division. In. Football.