• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins trade for RGIII

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was thinking the lambs should keep the pick and get a stud LT, but 3 1s? wow

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha what a fucking idiot that rvnight is. Fucking moron. :stevie:

Ha ha...You're not an idiot at all - I pitched in for credit and hoping you'll step up for me when I make a similar mistake in the future...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I LOVE THE KID, BUT THE #6, #38 AND TWO MORE LIKELY TOP 15 PICKS!!!!

Ugh....

I guess, and I hope it works out but.....well....that is a lot for a QB when you have no WRs, and two NFL caliber OL to play around him.

Small consolation, but it's actually the 39th pick. The Jags have the 38th.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is unbelievable. If he's the next Aaron Rodgers, totally worth it. But even great QBs need support. How do you address that woeful OL and receiving corps without any draft picks? Do it all through FA? This is just insane.

And I'm REALLY upset the Rams are the team reaping the reward. Jesus. They could add five top-15 players in the next three games. And with the changes in the rookie scale, they can even afford that. Ugh!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh....

I guess, and I hope it works out but.....well....that is a lot for a QB when you have no WRs, and two NFL caliber OL to play around him.

well it's a good thing griffon can run

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington just bent over and said "I would like another one please." to the rams. They just got anally fucked.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If RGIII turns out to be a good to great QB it was worth what they paid and more.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm so glad Snyder doesn't own the 49ers.

Looks like he's channeling Al Davis...what draft picks do the Raiders have again this year? :eek2:

Ram's just about "robbed" the bank, what a great windfall on their part. Crap...they might plug their sucking chest wound now...

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ugh....

Ok...sorry for the double post...but is there a way to calculate what the total cost of this will be? Or is it apples to saxophones?

Luck will get the $23 million (whatever it is)...RG3 will get his second place salary, but what is the "cost", rather opportunity cost or externalities of losing those draft picks? Impossible to determine I guess, but from the hip isn't that way more than what Luck will cost the Colts?

Guess the skins will be plugging the rest of their holes with 2nd rounders which may actually be a good thing if RG3 meets expectations. For some reason the deal Cleveland made to get Brady Quinn, and then all those FA's Romeo Crennel bought comes to mind...NOT the deal with Quinn, just the set up...just popped in my mind...probably has nothing to do with Snyder...and personally I know he's a jackass...has something against stickers being slapped on his plane...oops...

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a RAMS fan. YEAH!!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's the thing that bothers me: the timing of this thing. Why would you give up that much at this point? A team that needs a QB will get Manning. The Jets extended Sanchez. Some team will pick up Matt Flynn and give him starter money. Competition for that pick comes down to probably two teams, and possibly not even that. Why not let that stuff shake out before trading for the pick?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing that bothers me: the timing of this thing. Why would you give up that much at this point? A team that needs a QB will get Manning. The Jets extended Sanchez. Some team will pick up Matt Flynn and give him starter money. Competition for that pick comes down to probably two teams, and possibly not even that. Why not let that stuff shake out before trading for the pick?

Well if you wait and he is the guy you want then you may lose him.
They made a bold move and got a guy they have been lacking for 20 years.