• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins trade for RGIII

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well if you wait and he is the guy you want then you may lose him.
They made a bold move and got a guy they have been lacking for 20 years.

There is that risk. But they paid out the nose for it. And it was for a guy who might be the guy they have been lacking for 20 years.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Colts drafted RG3? I mean, Luck is a good consolation prize, but could you imagine the Redskins war room if that happened?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Typical of both teams...

I'm really not impressed either way. The Redskins over compensate (I know, to early to tell), but will the Rams even do anything worthwhile with the picks any way?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical of both teams...

I'm really not impressed either way. The Redskins over compensate (I know, to early to tell), but will the Rams even do anything worthwhile with the picks any way?

That's my feeling on it (Rams). It seems like they've had top three picks for the last ten years, and they don't have a single difference maker out of those picks.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical of both teams...

These are not the same ole rams. I doubt coach fisher will be apart of a draft that picks players that dont fit his system

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are not the same ole rams. I doubt coach fisher will be apart of a draft that picks players that dont fit his system

Speaking out of ignorance here, but did Fisher have GM responsibilities in either the Oilers/Titans job or now with the Rams? I get that he has input, but so does Shanahan. At the end of the day, a bad GM will absolutely hamstring the best coach. Ask Bill Parcells about his stay in Dallas on that one.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking out of ignorance here, but did Fisher have GM responsibilities in either the Oilers/Titans job or now with the Rams? I get that he has input, but so does Shanahan. At the end of the day, a bad GM will absolutely hamstring the best coach. Ask Bill Parcells about his stay in Dallas on that one.

the bold was all my statement was referring to.
I think you spoke out of ignorance to assume that i dont know the difference between GM responsibilities and those of the head coach. while we are on the subject of GM they also have a new GM. most of the time when you bring in a new GM and Coach,you make sure they work well together... I pretty sure fisher has spoken with the GM and shared his vision of where he wants to take this team and the system he is trying to put in place. all assumption but ignorance? i would say we can agree to disagree...

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bold was all my statement was referring to.
I think you spoke out of ignorance to assume that i dont know the difference between GM responsibilities and those of the head coach. while we are on the subject of GM they also have a new GM. most of the time when you bring in a new GM and Coach,you make sure they work well together... I pretty sure fisher has spoken with the GM and shared his vision of where he wants to take this team and the system he is trying to put in place. all assumption but ignorance? i would say we can agree to disagree...

I wasn't challenging. I was asking. I honestly don't know what Fisher's capacity was when it came to drafting or FA's. Clearly he didn't work very well with the GM in Tennessee as he didn't want anything to do with Young.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't challenging. I was asking. I honestly don't know what Fisher's capacity was when it came to drafting or FA's. Clearly he didn't work very well with the GM in Tennessee as he didn't want anything to do with Young.

Excuse me, it was simply a question. I was assuming that he would have a huge impact on the direction of this team being that he will be working with a young GM with little experience at the position.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Colts drafted RG3? I mean, Luck is a good consolation prize, but could you imagine the Redskins war room if that happened?

I was thinking, what if he has some serious, freakish injury at his pro day?

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it though. If I was a Skins fan I'd throw everything I have away. RG3 is not worth what they gave up, he never will be. :crutch: