• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Name

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area - could not find any thread related to this.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...l-follow-nba-end-washington-redskins-nickname

Anyhow - here we go again. How this attention whore equates the Clippers situation with the Redskins name is beyond me. The Sterling situation had nothing to do with slurs - it went much deeper than that. It involved a culture that effectively wanted to keep groups out of certain situations and decisions - not simply the name for a a certain group.

Again - if the Skins name changes in the future so be it. I am just tired of grandstanding jerk-offs like this clown getting his ugly face on the news every chance that he can (really doubt he cares at all about the Clippers situation).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the skins change their name to be PC , they will lose this fan period .

if the govt goes tyrannical and forces a change then that is different

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the skins change their name to be PC , they will lose this fan period .

if the govt goes tyrannical and forces a change then that is different

My point exactly. The Redskins can't beat a government sanction...they can fight though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area - could not find any thread related to this.

Senator Harry Reid urges NFL to follow NBA, end Washington Redskins nickname - ESPN

Anyhow - here we go again. How this attention whore equates the Clippers situation with the Redskins name is beyond me. The Sterling situation had nothing to do with slurs - it went much deeper than that. It involved a culture that effectively wanted to keep groups out of certain situations and decisions - not simply the name for a a certain group.

Again - if the Skins name changes in the future so be it. I am just tired of grandstanding jerk-offs like this clown getting his ugly face on the news every chance that he can (really doubt he cares at all about the Clippers situation).

Socal, as a long time NFL football fan I don't want to see the name changed, but I think this one point will ultimately bring a change.

"For far too long, the NFL has been sitting on its hands doing nothing while an entire population of Americans has been denigrated."

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know where the outrage is coming from... I am pretty sure that it is not the majority of people who actually matter in this discussion...

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, they were the Boston Braves and there was a baseball team in Boston with the same name so they changed the name to Redskins. Back then calling a team the Redskins wouldn't be considered a big deal just like referring to Blacks as "negros" wouldn't be a big deal, but times have changed and the Redskins currently have the most racist name of any team in the 4 major sports leagues. Lots of teams are named after Native Americans but no team has such an ignorant & racist name like Redskins. Anyways, it's up to the team to decide if they want to keep the name but a name like that has no place in the 21st century.

:bullshit: