• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do stats trump wins with you? It depends how it plays out.

Wins are important. Give us a better defense and we will have more wins.

The offenses job is to score. They could have done better. The defenses job is to prevent the other team from scoring...we were really bad at that. The quicker the defense gets the opposition's offense off the field, the more opportunity the defense gives the offense...bonus.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they rather give KC 28-30M per year? they could just draft a Qb and rebuild. None of those team are remotely close to a Super Bowl. Unless you are Carr b/c of his age paying this type of money for non Super Bowl winning Qb's doesnt make sense to me.

Seriously, the age thing with you. Do you like little girls as well as your young QBs?

I do believe a team with a shit ton of cap space would prefer a PB QB (KC) and 3 extra first round picks plus a couple of seconds

Over

A ten percent chance of getting a QB better than KC.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are important. Give us a better defense and we will have more wins.

The offenses job is to score. They could have done better. The defenses job is to prevent the other team from scoring...we were really bad at that. The quicker the defense gets the opposition's offense off the field, the more opportunity the defense gives the offense...bonus.

When push came to shove the offense didn't score. Please admit that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the age thing with you. Do you like little girls as well as your young QBs?

I do believe a team with a shit ton of cap space would prefer a PB QB (KC) and 3 extra first round picks plus a couple of seconds

Over

A ten percent chance of getting a QB better than KC.

Carr potential is greater b/c of his age and he is on a contender. So in the Raiders case that is where you spend the money. In our case we are still up in the air so wait and see makes sense here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because what you and some others refuse to accept is, you can have a good player and still lose a team sport. At the end of the day you want to proclaim well Cousins is only a .500 QB, when in reality it means we are currently a .500 team. You also dismiss the fact that before Cousins became the starter, we were NOT even a .500 team. You and a few others seem to live in the fantasy world that if we let Cousins walk we will magically pull a better QB in next years draft despite historical evidence that the odds of that happening are very slim.

Look if Cousins leaves, the team wont collapse. But the odds are very good that we take a step back. The odds are also good that if he plays on a wait and see, and we do resign him, it will in fact create the kind of cap crunch you fear. Because as has been pointed out, $35M is not a sustainable number for us next year without doing some other cap gymnastics.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because what you and some others refuse to accept is, you can have a good player and still lose a team sport. At the end of the day you want to proclaim well Cousins is only a .500 QB, when in reality it means we are currently a .500 team. You also dismiss the fact that before Cousins became the starter, we were NOT even a .500 team. You and a few others seem to live in the fantasy world that if we let Cousins walk we will magically pull a better QB in next years draft despite historical evidence that the odds of that happening are very slim.

Look if Cousins leaves, the team wont collapse. But the odds are very good that we take a step back. The odds are also good that if he plays on a wait and see, and we do resign him, it will in fact create the kind of cap crunch you fear. Because as has been pointed out, $35M is not a sustainable number for us next year without doing some other cap gymnastics.

I agree with you that the franchise tag next year is out of the question. KC has all the leverage right now so I don't think he will be signing a LTD with us this year unless Dan gives him 26M annually. Kc could even say no to that and play well and ask for 30M in Fa in 2018.

I just hope the media reports the numbers the Redskins offered Kc now until l7/15.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is not only nonsensical. A good bit of it is outright bullshit, but wait, wait, wait, wait. Just a minute. Lets backtrack for a bit.

OK. You go curl up with your binkie made from Kirk Cousins wrinkled nut-sack sweat and listen up, Buttercup. I'm about to tell you how to handle those mean Cowboy fans and their, 'The Skins SBs don't count cuz they were in a strike year.' bullshit. That gives you butt-hurt so bad you get a rash.

Just smile and ask them when they came to that conclusion....... was it before or after the Redskins and Darryl Grant. Put the "Finish Him!!!!" death blow on the Boys in the NFCCG of 83 with that Pick 6? Now that you've dissed em, dismiss em, and tell them tramps to hit the ramp with that bullshit. Done n done.

Far as KC not beating any good teams. That's simply not true. Against teams that finish a regular season with a record of 9-7 or better for instance. Kirk's record as a starter is 2-11 or a winning percentage slightly over 18%. Against teams that finish a regular season with 8 wins Cuz's record as a starter is 5-13 a winning percentage of about 38.5%.

Against teams that finished above .500 this season the Skins were 2-5 or a 28.5% winning percentage. Playing a 1st place schedule this year the Skins had to play last year's NFC division winners as well. Carolina, Arizona, Minnesota. In those games they finished 1-2/33% winning percentage, but those teams combined record for the season last year was just 21-26-1 or about a 44% winning percentage.

If me thinking that winning anywhere between 18% and 38.5% of games against teams that finish the year with a winning record simply isn't getting it done. Makes me a hater, well...............I see this as well as consistency in ALL facets of the game, not just comp% and passing yards, as potential on-going issues with Cuz. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm not putting on burgundy n gold glasses and jumping on Kirk's tip on the strength of what I feel can in part be viewed as gaudy production stat-wise, but not pertaining enough substance when it comes to Kirk's stats.

This ^^^^^^^ is outright embarrassing and shameful. Whether I agree with all of it or not. Its fair game to disparage aspects of the team that Cuz himself plays for. He was not the Redskins only issue last year. The defense, ST (Hopkins) and even coaching played roles in why the Skins ended up on the outside looking in far as the playoffs.

But to disparage an entire Redskins team from 1982, and the first team of 3 to win a Lombardi Trophy in such a bullshit and deceitful manner. Than not to acknowledge it whatsoever after being called out on it. And trying to blame Cowboys fans for that bullshit. Just was truly some pathetic shit to say and to come from a supposed lifelong Redskins fan.

The named of the team is the Washington Redskins. Not the KC Nut Jugglers. Stop gettin it twisted.

i dont know , when i grew up and learned football i was always taught it was a team game . pinning that record against 500 teams or better on the qb without taking into account the crappy defense and special teams seems a bit misinformed .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because wins are about the team as a whole . the stats point out he isnt hurting the team and in fact he is putting the team in a position to get wins . you win as a team you lose as a team and the facts are other parts of the team have been lacking

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr potential is greater b/c of his age and he is on a contender. So in the Raiders case that is where you spend the money. In our case we are still up in the air so wait and see makes sense here.

Age has nothing to do with potential in this case. They are two years apart but Carr has more NFL experience.

Are the Raiders really any more contenders than we are? They had a good season in a down year for the AFC WEST. So after one good year you proclaim Carr worthy but after two good seasons KC is not. Go buy a new TV, be smart and don't break this one.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When push came to shove the offense didn't score. Please admit that.

In one game, after the defense allowed the NYG to score, the offense didn't respond in one game. The defense responded in one game all season.

The defense only held Baltimore, PHI game 1, Detroit, GB, and PHI game 2 below their averages. That means only five times all season teams were not happier playing our defense than they were everybody else.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age has nothing to do with potential in this case. They are two years apart but Carr has more NFL experience.

Are the Raiders really any more contenders than we are? They had a good season in a down year for the AFC WEST. So after one good year you proclaim Carr worthy but after two good seasons KC is not. Go buy a new TV, be smart and don't break this one.

I think the Raiders are a good team. We have a good team too but yes I think offers more potential.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one game, after the defense allowed the NYG to score, the offense didn't respond in one game. The defense responded in one game all season.

The defense only held Baltimore, PHI game 1, Detroit, GB, and PHI game 2 below their averages. That means only five times all season teams were not happier playing our defense than they were everybody else.

The defense had game winning plays in 4 or 5 wins this year. How can you take that as not responding?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense had game winning plays in 4 or 5 wins this year. How can you take that as not responding?

Holding onto a lead the offense gave you is not a game winning play. Its managing not to LOSE for us. But lets play by your rules, the defense managed to hold on and win in 4-5 games. That also means they managed to lose 7 games and give up a tie for us as well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding onto a lead the offense gave you is not a game winning play. Its managing not to LOSE for us. But lets play by your rules, the defense managed to hold on and win in 4-5 games. That also means they managed to lose 7 games and give up a tie for us as well.

lol. Small leads. not 10-14 point leads. I know they gave up point. Not saying they were a great defense but you guys thing they did nothing for us last year and that is false.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Small leads. not 10-14 point leads. I know they gave up point. Not saying they were a great defense but you guys thing they did nothing for us last year and that is false.

I think they did LESS for us than the offense, and alot less than the QB you are not sold on. You complain that the offense didnt do enough. The Patriots offense with the greatest QB ever scored 27.6 points per game, we scored 24.8 points per game. So the greats QB ever scored a whoping 2.8 points per game more than our over rated stats goblin.

Flip side, the Patriots defense gave up 15.6, where as our gang gave up 23.9, or 8.3 points per game more. So once again... where was the REAL problem??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did LESS for us than the offense, and alot less than the QB you are not sold on. You complain that the offense didnt do enough. The Patriots offense with the greatest QB ever scored 27.6 points per game, we scored 24.8 points per game. So the greats QB ever scored a whoping 2.8 points per game more than our over rated stats goblin.

Flip side, the Patriots defense gave up 15.6, where as our gang gave up 23.9, or 8.3 points per game more. So once again... where was the REAL problem??

listen stats guy stop clouding the issue with facts :D:nono:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A game is played over 60 minutes. The defenses job is to prevent the other team from scoring. I just showed you we stopped the other team from reaching their average in only five games, roughly 30%. Teams were very happy to see us, at least offenses were.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game is played over 60 minutes. The defenses job is to prevent the other team from scoring. I just showed you we stopped the other team from reaching their average in only five games, roughly 30%. Teams were very happy to see us, at least offenses were.

Game winning plays are not made in the first 3 quarters. You are discounting the game winning plays this defense made on last drives in the 4th qtr. This is where games are won and lost.

Just like the Malcolm Butler play in the Super bowl. Game winning plays in the 4th qtr trump everything. Are you going to be like jy and not know what a game winning play is?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game winning plays are not made in the first 3 quarters. You are discounting the game winning plays this defense made on last drives in the 4th qtr. This is where games are won and lost.

Just like the Malcolm Butler play in the Super bowl. Game winning plays in the 4th qtr trump everything. Are you going to be like jy and not know what a game winning play is?

Again, you just don't get it. A play lasts for 8 seconds and a game is 60 minutes. There is no such thing as a game winning play and they do not trump everything else.

You say games are won and lost on single plays at the end of the game. Tell that to the Broncos and Doug Williams.

So, when the Dallas Cowboys scored 48 points against Denver in 2013, it was the Denver defense that won the game because they intercepted Tony Romo with 2:04 left in the game? Dallas' offense had 522 yards of offense and Denver had 517 yards of offense. Romo threw 5 TDs and over 500 yards of passing but that Denver defense won the game? There was one punt in the entire game but it was a defensive contest apparently. Sit down and use your brain. Games are not won and lost on a single play.

I will say this...the defense sealed a couple of games for us. They won one game for us last season, Baltimore. Those big plays you are talking about though are far less impressive than a good game of defense. As a matter of fact, big plays are usually luck.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know exactly what a game winning play is. A fallacy. There are over 100 plays in every game. Every one of them have meaning and an impact on the outcome. An INT for a pic six in the first quarter is just as impactful as a fumble recovery to stop a final drive. In fact I would argue that the INT is more impactful as the defense did something that it wasn't expected to do. Score. Yet you only see one play. You still can't see the bigger picture.